Dekang Virginia... What the... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragginfly

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Missouri, USA
What the flavor is Virginia?

I thought it would be a mild cigarette tobacco. But to my surprise...

Usually when placing an order for supplies, I add in a 10ml bottle
of juice from whatever supplier I'm buying from that day.

It's cheaper than the $10 per bottle down at the local head shop
and a good way to stock up on much needed dripper bottles. :~)

I have tried and liked USA Mix with it's hint of chocolate, and
grown accustomed to Desert Ship (camel). Also working with a
"tobacco" flavor concentrate that I add to unflavored nic juice.

Decided to try Virginia on a whim. Ordered 18mg strength in
100% VG for grins.

It came in the Dekang bottle and has an orange cap.

The juice is very thick. I had assumed it would be diluted to
thin it out, but apparently not.

So I added first 0.1 ml PGA to 0.9 ml Virginia... then another
0.1 ml PGA . About 8 drops PGA total.

Loaded up a fresh carto.

Took a 'normal' drag... and subsequently CHOKED on the inhale.

You would have thought I just tried to take a massive pull
on a Montecristo.

The bite was surprising. Not what I would call TH like I've
had from others, and certainly not what I expected.

I don't think it's the PGA creating the bite. I think it's the flavor.

The bite was on the tongue and mouth.

Tastes like a cigar.

Smells like a cigar.

Bites like a cigar.

Inhaling feels like inhaling a cigar.

It's amazing how much this is just like a cigar!

Now I'm 'smoking' it like a cigar. Small puffs with no inhale.

Someone tell me Virginia is SUPPOSED to be like a cigar. lol

Kinda dry for my taste. Might be fun to sweeten it up with
Bavahrian Cream and add some Cherry. Maybe it will taste
like a Swisher Sweet. ??

PS. Still puffing as I finish this post. The bite has subsided
and I can pull it in without choking. Perhaps the initial bite
was due to the new carto.

Still takes like cigar smoke... exactly like cigar smoke. After
taste and all.

Aaeli

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Kansas, U.S.
Weird, I have a 10 ml bottle of that my hubby uses, just pulled it out and gave it a whirl and NOTHING like what you're describing...something is off I think. It reminds me of the Turkish tobacco without the nutty/chocolate aftertaste. No orange cap, either. Honestly, it tastes like a mild tobacco. Didn't choke on it either.

Don't know what any of it means, just thought I'd give you my experience.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
lol. I ordered a "Virginia Tobacco" flavoring for my DIY (not Dekang). Tastes OK, but not like Virginia Tobacco. To me, VT should be a mild/light, kinda slightly sweet (but not too much) tobacco. Not a dark-leaf tobacco at all. Not cigar like nor even smokey/woody (as in hickory or other smokey taste). Kind of like a Benson & Hedges or VS or something like that.

I'm wondering how many flavor vendors know what V-T really is like... or maybe I'm way off base. IDK.

Interesting description of varieties:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_tobacco

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
OK, BestLion, but are you saying that virginia SHOULD taste like a cheap cigar, or that that flavor simply does taste like it? Virginia is supposedly a light/mild tobacco. Not Burley, true, but light.

Also, note in the wiki ...
Most Canadian cigarettes are made from 100% pure Virginia tobacco

Also, I'm editing as I go here... so the wiki quote wasn't in post #3 when you replied (tricky of me huh?)

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
I'm a ex pipe smoker and have had many true Virginia tobaccos from blenders all over the world. I know what REAL Virginia tastes like. It has a grassy flavor, like what a fresh mowed hay field smells like. Some Viginia tobacco can have a bite. Most straight Virginia's from some London blenders does have the bite. To smooth this out blenders add other tobacco's. Another characteristic of Virginia is a little sweetness. This comes from how the tobacco is dried out. Sun dried is sweeter than Kiln dried.
Most blenders will add a Burley to the mix. Perique is used to spice it up. That said, who knows with Dekang as it is very hit and miss. I've had Dekang USA Mix that was some of the best juice I've ever used and some that has a bad to no taste. The only Virginia juice I've used was from Nhaler and My Vapor Store. Both of these were pretty good. Hope this helps.
Dave

Last edited:

BestLion

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Zaporozhia, Ukraine
I'll be sure to add a 10 ml of 555 next time I order something. Those backwoods were fun!

So now we have two (counting me) that report Virginia tastes like a cigar, and two that
it takes like a cig.

At least I'm not alone. Being alone is so... well... lonely.

I think Virginia has a true cigar taste.. I was a cigar smoker..and only a few flavors i have found have a cigar taste..they are all Dekangs.. Cuban, Virginia, 555 State and Cigar..All have a cigar taste. "555 the least..but with a mix it is good"
mix about 50% Virginia, 25% 555 and 25% banana and you have almost an authentic Banana flavored Backwoods.
You will NOT be disappointed with Dekangs 555 State Express. it is a DAMN good flavor! Tobacco..and it is the very best ejuice to mix with HANDS DOWN! I mix it with all juices and it is my main ejuice i buy this one the most.
Mix it-555 with Cuban and rum and you have a great cigar flavor! mix 555 with blueberry and it is fantastic! It is a great ejuice.. last night I mixed 555 with Marlboro and a touch of whiskey.. HOLY cow that was good! tasted like a Tatiana cigarillo.

Last edited:

BestLion

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Zaporozhia, Ukraine
Just to clarify, I don't know what Dekang Virginia T tastes like. I was commenting on what I think it SHOULD taste like.

Bruno: GRASSY! THATS IT! Yup Yup Yup. You nailed it. Dekang didn't, obviously.
I thought it was suppose to state like a Virginia Slim cigarette. This thing taste like a cigar.. the ONLY ejuice I think that taste cigarette was ejuice Desert ship and i don't buy that one anymore. I have moved away from the cigarette taste I like cigar and fruit taste now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread