Status
Not open for further replies.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I know I am supposed to let the liquid steep. It comes with a warning that it was made to order and should steep at least 2 weeks but darn, that is hard! I want to try my new "that juice" from ecblends. Anyone know what it is like? Maybe some info will make me less impatient. Doubt it, but it is worth a try!

In the same shipment: Dragon's Crown, Dragon's Cafe, and RY-4. Life can be so unfair at times. :(

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
Been there, done that dchest, just haven't ordered the T-shirt yet! I love this company. I haven't found anything I didn't like. However, there have been a few duds from another, fine company. In fact, I haven't enjoyed anything from them. Little to no flavor, leaky bottles etc. I use them as a "nic base" and add vanilla, chocolate or key lime to them and they are OK. No names mentioned because I never asked them to fix the problem and they are probably not to blame. Probably just my taste buds except for the leaky bottles.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Steeping is letting the juice flavors meld together, using time, heat or even an ultrasonic cleaner. My method is to take the top off for a day, then close and shake, and give it a couple more days. This is most helpful for tobacco blends in my experience. Fruit and menthols seem to be pretty good to go right away. Some juices use an alcohol based flavoring and airing it out helps reduce that overtone as well as a flowery taste.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
Hi Dan! Welcome from one newbie to another!

Steeping is letting the juice sit and "mingle" flavors. If you don't like a new flavor (or even if you do), just put it into a cool, dark place for a week or a month and then try it again. Many people say the flavors improve, mellow or get stronger with age. I ordered these from a store that recommends steeping for their flavors since they are made to order.

Sometimes you are supposed to leave the top off but I don't remember why. I just took the tops off my new flavors and with let them breath for a few hours today. I love ecblends flavors and I want the best from them. HOWEVER, I am certain I am going to put at least one of them into one of my new MT3S tanks today and enjoy the heck out of it!!!

Discord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
I use an ultrasonic cleaner to speed things up... after using this method for a couple months, I've found that if I run a new juice for about 1-2 hours, it tastes CLOSE to a fully time steeped juice. They still get a bit better over time, but it shaves off a lot of time. Usually less than a week to get to the full flavor for juices that usually takes 2-4 weeks.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I've found that Dragons Blood needs a good month or so before the flavor really peaks. Also, it is the only juice that goes exclusively in an RDA. I have an Igo-L specifically for the Dragons Blood.

dchest, what is an RDA? I just can't figure out on my own and my searches have been nothing but frustrating. Hope is isn't a dumb newbie question, but if I learn something, I can handle being a dumb newbie!

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
Steeping is simply air getting at the juice and altering the flavour,you can just take the cap off overnite and its done.
Negative ghostrider..
I've had to let 2 out of the 3 dragon series steep for at least 2 weeks before they were even vapable.. in the description it said they were creamy .. i didn't even taste THAT for a month.. it's a necessary evil for some juices..

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but what is steeping?

My experience is most juice improve with age. Put them in a cool dry place and shake them now and then. How long depends on what it is.

My DIY juices are what I am most familiar with

Fruits are ok when first made
After one day steeping they are noticeably better
After 1 week steeping they pretty much are as good as they will get
The exception seems to be Banana flavors which seem to work like dessert flavors rather than fruit.

Dessert flavors
REALLY need to steep a week to be good
at 2 weeks they are noticeably better
At 1 month they are as good as they get

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
glowplug:10084310 said:
I haven't dripped yet and may not. Then again, I may!

You might want to schedule a doctors appointment. :)

But seriously, rda's are quite nice when they're set up properly but it takes a bit of practice and patience (and a way to check resistance).
If you want to try dripping and not need to rebuild one yourself, you could grab a regular dripping atomizer and give it a go. It a great way to test flavors to see if they're ready (like your dragons blood).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread