Deleware PV users: Where should I put my brick and mortar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilong1717

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2012
Newark, DE
Don't worry your not going to have much competition here. I think there might be a B&M store in wilmington but I haven't seen or heard of another one anyplace but, I could be wrong. Setting up shop in southern delaware at the beach points could work but during the off season it could be a problem. I'm going to have to vote for Newark, DE for obvious reasons...

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
Branmar Plaza North Wilmington. It's a shopping center with a grocery store drug store and a variety of other smaller businesses including a busy liquor store. Or somewhere in that part of town. In my opinion I would stay out of the city of Wilmington and stay in the suburbs. Philadelphia is 30 min. away also very close to bridges from New Jersey and close to I-95. Baltimore is about an hour and a half away. I don't think setting up a business near the beaches is a very good idea, it's very seasonal and traffic during the summertime can be overwhelming.

You won't have any competition within 2 Hours drive were more. The only vendor in Delaware is Delaware Vapor and he's only online. He's located further south in the middle of the state if I'm not mistaken.

I'd be very happy to help you out with any further questions you may have about the area.

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
If you could swing the rent, I would put it in the Christiana Mall. Delaware pulls a lot of shoppers from MD and PA because they don't have sales tax. Christiana Mall is a pretty big destination. There are also a ton of outlets near the beaches. I think you could do well there. They are becoming year round destinations.

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
its looking like it will be near downtown wilmington. Weird though, I drove through there around 5pm on a saturday and it was like a ghost town. Like we could have stood in the middle of the street and filmed a zombie movie. Not what i'm used to at all with Philly being the big city i would travel to on the weekends for most of my life.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
North wilmington...off 202... downtown is a place many won't venture... it's a dominant mindset I guess... 202, kirkwood highway, elsmere... route 4 near the hospital are your better bets in wilmington... I live near kirkwood hwy... near midway plaza area

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Ya know that flipping figures! I move totally out of the area and someone decides to put a B&M in my old stomping grounds. I agree with the north Wilmington area. Branmawr plaza is a good location. Please have it open before October! I'm going to be in that area, specifically Gallucio's on Lovering Ave. :) in late October. I would definitely stop in and check it out!

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
its looking like it will be near downtown wilmington. Weird though, I drove through there around 5pm on a saturday and it was like a ghost town. Like we could have stood in the middle of the street and filmed a zombie movie. Not what i'm used to at all with Philly being the big city i would travel to on the weekends for most of my life.

Filming a zombie movie at 5 PM on a Saturday in the city of Wilmington would be nothing unusual. Wilmington is only open for business from 8 AM Monday morning to Friday afternoon 5 PM. Nothing much else goes on in Wilmington unless something is happening at the opera house or if there's an art loop going on. There's not much reason for people to go into Wilmington.

Saying you're near downtown Wilmington, since it's a very small city could mean you are in one of the suburbs or at least I hope so. There are definitely parts of the city that I wouldn't travel to.

So whereabouts are you thinking of locating? The name of the cross streets would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread