Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

rannox

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Clovis, Ca
rannoxdesign.com
Decided I would offer my services to the forum.

Most of the web pages for the suppliers here are what I would call the "Comic Sans" of web pages (ie. crap). I'm not exactly a big fan of that... I don't even like many of the logos...

So if you feel you need a new design for pretty much anything, go ahead and shoot me a pm or email at jrfried@iot-email.com

You can view my some of my past work here: Rannox Design - Home (requires flash)

Last edited by a moderator:

rannox

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Clovis, Ca
rannoxdesign.com
it was good to hear back from you. NOT!

k.... I've been waiting for your email, that I asked you to send me with a detailed list of what you wanted, so that I could clarify what you said over the phone...

I just thought you had found someone else, or had decided against a redesign...

Must have been some miscommunication apparently...

But I should have emailed to be sure. Its just common in my field for people request something, then Ill never hear from them again, so its almost expected.

Sorry about that, as I said, I should have contacted you to be sure...

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
Most of the web pages for the suppliers here are what I would call the "Comic Sans" of web pages (ie. crap). I'm not exactly a big fan of that... I don't even like many of the logos...

So your corporate identity sucks... you should let me fix that for you.

May or May not be the best way to prospect potential clients...

Just saying...

rannox

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Clovis, Ca
rannoxdesign.com
For a reference on what I have helped with in the e-cig world:

Mark @ Madvapes: Main installation, and various module installations for a possible future side project.

Tammy @ MsTsBakery: Hosting & database transfer, site upgrade, various module installations, misc design, coding, and troubleshooting, etc.

Buzz @ NotCigs: Various advertising banner designs.

Thank you all for you current and future business!

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
I dont have a project for you...but i would like to request your help on a current project of mine...

AmeriGraphics Inc is an example of the issue im having...
link : amerigrpahicsinc.om

when the page loads..it loads by the slice... and furthor more.. when you Ctrl+ to zoom ..it breaks up the pages table at some of the slice points.

Now i have been fooling around with controlling the tables through CSS.. but my knowledge of CSS is very limited... but the way i understand it.. i need to take the sliced areas and put them in their own div tags within a single controlling CSS document.

However..here is where im getting confused.. i created my layout in fireworks... my button rollovers where done in fireworks... when exporting png document for html + images for use with dreamweaver... fireworks creates its own CSS for the rollovers etc... how do i still use that CSS within the single controling CSS for the DIV tags?

anyhelp/direction you can lend would be awesome.. again i literally graduated 3 weeks ago.. and frankly my web based education was severly lacking IMHO... that being said.. my knowledge of CSS is very limited.

Thank you,
Joshua

rannox

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Clovis, Ca
rannoxdesign.com
You dont necessarily need it to be css overloaded, but it is a little more current and friendlier than tables once you get the hang of it.

The rollovers should mainly be javascript with some css styling, or at least thats what they usually are. You should have a big <script> in the head with all the javascript info.

The spaces in the slices seem to be from some malformed sizing in code. An the slices need to be a little more accurate.

With the rollovers, your going to need to pick and choose code from the fireworks file, and copy it into your new one. Mainly the links and the Script that should be in the header, and probably any preload image code. Any specific css code should just be able to be copied and transfered into the current css.

Looking at it, fireworks does quite a number on confusing the hell out of you with code...

I could give it a look if you want. Id only do one page though. Then you could use my code as an example.

Other than that, google it up. I learned more that way than i ever did in school.

Dont forget, with div tags, and all uses of css, you have to make sure that the css "id" and/or "class" is name in the code

Last edited:

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
ok.. hmm.. if im not mistaken though.. fireworks auto compiles its own .js file that accompanies the .html's.... this is a standalone .js file.. though there is .js scripts within the htmls also. but for the rollovers there is always a mms_(something)_.js

but what your saying is... take the embedded js command out of the html and put them into the higher controling css?

rannox

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Clovis, Ca
rannoxdesign.com
Oh no, youd have to keep the js in the html. I think i misunderstood a little.

If your wanting the the main css to have the info from the css code generated by fireworks, you should jsut be able to copy it from that css to your new one.

Having your typical "<link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">" in the head.

You can always add multiple css styles though, you arent restricted to just 1.

if you want you could just have it like this.
<link href="main css here" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="java script css here" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
ok i think i get it... so basicly im just adding an additional style sheet .. this CSS will be very short and direct in regards to simply controling the display parameter of the div tags that im "breaking" my slices into?

on the subject of slices.. why cant i have all my slices for buttons etc.. and then one giant slice covering the entire dimensions of the page ... say 800x600 sized slice... and have that slice display in % vs fixed px. In school.. my instructor told us you cannot have a slice within another slice..

..if you want we can take this convo into PM's... i realize this thread is for you to generate side work and i dont want to sidetrack ppls attention from that....

trs-80

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Pensacola FL (Beulah)
..if you want we can take this convo into PM's... i realize this thread is for you to generate side work and i dont want to sidetrack ppls attention from that....

I wouldn't say that. As long as its not long winded , it shows knowledge of the inner workings to potential customers. Just about anyone could use wysiwyg. I Can do a little html and php but I had to get help with mysql issue (invoice number without duplicates) with authorize.net and had to ask for help. That took more knowledge than I had. It was worth a few bucks.

reverendg

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
washington USA
www.themadvaper.com
Decided I would offer my services to the forum.

So if you feel you need a new design for pretty much anything, go ahead and shoot me a pm or email at jrfried@iot-email.com

You can view my some of my past work here: Design Portfolio - Justin Fried (requires flash)

JusT saw the link for the new site. suggestion deleted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread