Designs Painted on Batts... check it out***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manic

Feb 2, 2010
chicago
Got really tired of my plain looking batteries so I painted a few.
(red phoenix, blue scorpion, silver eagle, white scorpion)
What do you guys think??? Any suggestions?
I remember seeing some company selling a 510 scorpion but I don't think it had an actual scorpion on it.. This is a scorpion LOL

*cant find the buttons or the ash caps..LOL. I put them in a baggie but cant remember where I put them :-x 8-o

Attachments

• standing.jpg
    standing.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 342
  • fltLong.jpg
    fltLong.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 351
  • battery flat.jpg
    battery flat.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:

Manic

Feb 2, 2010
chicago
paasche and badger both have great detail guns. I've owned both but stuck with the paasche. check this one, its a starter set and its only $10

http://cgi.ebay.com/Paasche-EZ-Star...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efdf7a495

the paasche i own was a lot more but if your looking for a great price on a starter set, you cant really beat that.. if you cant find one you like, i can probably find one in the garage that i dont use anymore. i should have a few..LOL

Last edited:
That is actually a good unit?
I have always been lookng in the 50-110 ranges Cause the rest I look at and feel they probably cheasy & Can't do much. & of course I look for hoses in kits also.
I might just have to pick up 1 of these that are like that.

Thank you for your tip on that.
You saved me about 100more hours of researching LOL

Manic

Feb 2, 2010
chicago
Nice :)
I've been batting the idea around, just to "spruce" up my batteries too. What kind of paint did you use? Did you seal it with anything? How is it holding up?
I used PPG automotive paint, then I cleared them. basically the same thing as painting a car (sand,prime,paint,clear) as for how are they holding up, they are great, just like new, no chips, no fading, no nothing. I have one that I painted 3-4 months ago and still looks great, chameleon paint job LOL looks awesome :lol:

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Oh that's very nice of you! But I've got so many batts and crap, (plus converted my dining room into an art room) so I'd prolly do them all! :lol: You should think about selling these, or the service. You'd have to register as a supplier, but I don't think there is anyone doing it... plus not everyone has an 'art room' or their very own body shop!

I'll have to poke around town see if I see any paint. I thought about trying acrylic and then sealing. Did it on some rocks, but I don't think it would hold up long term. I don't handle my rocks on a regular basis... more like pets ;)

Manic

Feb 2, 2010
chicago
not a bad idea, didn't really think about selling them. Didn't really think people would be to interested, i did get a few responses from people for some custom batts.. as for the acrylic, as long as you properly sand the battery, prep it right and use a good sealer you shouldn't have to much of a problem. the sealer is what gets the abuse. I was worried about the liquids messing with my clear but have not had any problems and doesn't look like there will be... I will have to look into the registering as a supplier thing... THANKS.. if you need any help with any of your batts let me know, I'd love to help

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
thanks I appreciate it!

Surely, I think there would be a market. There are So many peeps always trying to alter and change their PV's. Plus think of all the people that can't, or don't have the equipment readily available. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I didn't already have most of the stuff (and time.. time is a big factor these days) Check into it. I know there was also a guy on the Suppliers board that had a local store he was trying to stock with stuff. Someone like that might carry some that were pre-made. I think it was this section.

Good luck ;)

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
no prob :) I think the moderator Elendil (something like that) is the one you would talk to about becoming a supplier.

Best of luck, and keep me updated!

BTW.. I was in walmart today, getting a few groceries, and was SOO tempted to go wonder the auto aisle, but was feeling ick today, and trying not too take too long. Next time I'm kidless and feeling better, I'll try and find some paint! :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread