Desire Mad Dog RDTA/mech mod kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Found a nice looking mech kit on Heaven gifts.
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Desire-Mad-Dog-RDTA-MECH-Kit.html

I'm not sure, but it looks to be aluminum with gold plated contacts. 24mm, big enough to go give good capacity, but not so big it looks silly (personal preference, I don't like tanks over 25mm).
Don't know if the button is magnetic or spring.

Might have to try one out [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
This forum has corrupted me. Before I would jump all over an 80 dollar mod. Now I think of the 6 or so mods I can buy for that price haha.

It looks really sexy though, especially the purple one. Would be cool if they offered colored glass to match either the finish or the metal. Not a fan of the drip tip branding though.
Also the fact that on their own pictures when you scroll down, the red mod is scratched which may mean that the finish may not be long lasting. I cannot post it on this forum due to their copyright but look at the very first picture on the "REAL SHOT" it has a big scratch that took off the paint and the last picture has a chip.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Found a nice looking mech kit on Heaven gifts.
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Desire-Mad-Dog-RDTA-MECH-Kit.html

I'm not sure, but it looks to be aluminum with gold plated contacts. 24mm, big enough to go give good capacity, but not so big it looks silly (personal preference, I don't like tanks over 25mm).
Don't know if the button is magnetic or spring.

Might have to try one out [emoji1]

What color did ya get?
Painted aluminium scares me, I don't want my mod all chipped up.

Reactions: Ben85

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Ok, mod arrived today. Red with gold accents. I'll post up some pictures later on.
First impressions, great device. Fit and finish is superb. Threading is butter smooth. Unit is hybrid, but RDTA comes with a spare bottom piece to be used on any device. Was easy to build. Hits hard. All in all, one of the nicest tube mechs I have. Threading is so smooth, I can operate the fire button locking with one finger. On day one, I see no negatives to post. Feels like a $200 mech.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
She's purdy
8810f48fe807b6c82ad38cdbfa1ead6d.jpg

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I'm on restriction :D I bought too many last month :)
How's the tank for flavor?
Decent. It's what I'd call a cloud tank, but doesn't mute flavors like many do. The air flow is channeled in such a way that the air is directed right under the coil, without the traditional bottom airflow tubes that always seem to leak.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
So I've been using this setup for a while now.... I'm loving this rdta...... I've yet to have a single dry hit, with some serious chain vaping (running dual fused claptons at .3 ohms). Easy to build on, easy to fill. Just the right balance between cloud and flavor for me (good middle of the road).
As for finish, I've not gotten a single scratch yet. I've not abused it, but I haven't babied it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread