The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Desperately waiting for my Vamo :(

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Almarma, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Almarma

Almarma Full Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Norway
    There is one thing that I love when shopping from China: the price.

And there is another thing that I really hate: waiting!!! :(

I've been shopping things from China websites since some years ago, specially electronics like flashlights, cables, etc. I didn't like to wait, but I did.

And I don't know why, but since I started to vape two months ago, to wait for the new vaping stuff that I buy is specially hard. Does anybody else feel the same?

I'm Spanish and have I've living in Norway for 3 years. Here, the tobacco is really expensive, like $16 a Lucky S. box with 20 cigarettes. So I moved from that to rolling my own ones. Cheaper, but annoying: hard to roll outside with frozen fingers and wind blowing.

But it was only 2 months ago when I read about the e-cigs and started to research about them. And bought the first kit (you know, two ego batteries with disposable clearomizers). I loved it, but, even waiting for that first kit, was really a pain!!

And now, I'm waiting for a Vamo since I read about it, and I want it now!!! :(

I just wanted to share my pain :blush: and ask if somebody else has the same feeling ;)

Cheers!

2. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    Worth the wait. I picked up a Vamo last week at a brick and mortar store grand opening, totally as an impulse buy. So far, I'm very impressed with it, for the price.

3. DiNet

DiNet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Israel
    I'm going crazy, literally... waiting for Vamo, waiting for juices... waiting and waiting. Yes, this is driving me nuts!

4. T41CK

T41CK Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yep the mailman takes his sweet little time it seems when I have somthing on delivery

Oh yeah and welcome to ECF

5. Kable

Kable Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2012
    Davis, CA
    Hah, I'm waiting on a vamo, too. I usually buy within my country (glad we have lots of options here), though, so the waiting isn't as bad. I still stock the mailman when I'm waiting for a delivery, though. I'm hoping my vamo will show up Monday.

6. PepNYC

PepNYC Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    I ordered mine on Monday from Healthcabin. Just got it today. I really didn't think I was going to see it until the middle of next week. I used EMS. My first experience with Chinese shipping companies. I have to say, I'm quite pleased. Now....off to figure out how to use the thing.

7. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hate the wait myself.. love the prices.. I have 4 packages I'm waiting for.. just for vaping stuff. Will be ordering Vamo's for the wife and I at the beginning of the year... More Waiting Ugh LOL

8. Almarma

Almarma Full Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Norway
    Hehehe, is good to see that I'm not alone waiting ;). PepNYC, you're very lucky. I ordered mine last Saturday using EMS also, and I'm still waiting :(. It must be somewhere between China and Norway. Sometimes I think it would be really funny to be able to have a camera on the box and a GPS, to see where they are. It must be an amazing journey :)

9. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    lol someone did that, sent packages all over the word with a gps inside, it was amazing to to see the out of the way routes they sometimes took

10. Almarma

Almarma Full Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Norway
    I've not convinced my wife yet about vaping. She only smokes like 4 or 5 analogs per day, on the evening (I don't understand yet how she's able not to smoke the rest of the day). I have two main reasons for here to stop smoking. One, her health, and second, the smell. Now that I vape, I feel that I'm less tolerant with the smoke smell and the taste if I kiss her ;)

She tried a puff the first day I got my first ecig, but she didn't like it, and now she doesn't want to try any other eliquid. The good thing is that now, I can vape inside other people houses, but she can't. So maybe in the future she gets tired of not being able to smoke when visiting friends :)

11. surgewse

surgewse Full Member Verified Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Southeast US
    Waiting on one as well. Kicking it old school until then.

12. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    My wife dived right in behind me! And told me yesterday We needed more power and control! LOL I hadn't told her about the Vamo's until then. She's loving the juices I DIY for her, although she does want an occasional bottle of Halo Shammrock :D

13. Chrissie

Chrissie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Treated myself to a black chrome Vamo for Christmas - it's pretty good ;D

[​IMG]

Picture really doesn't do it justice.

14. greeco555

greeco555 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 25, 2012
    Greece
    sorry for that but i was exited also and i got 2 , after i place the battery in it i got completely disappointed, for some might be suitable but for my self is a very cheap worthless investment

BTW the main thing is before Vamo becomes known the price it was only 30 bucks but now the same uniit with some decoration on it they are selling it 60 and 70 bucks

15. PepNYC

Dec 16, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Well, as soon as I started using it one of the buttons kept getting stuck. Now I have to send it back and they're shipping the replacement via China Airmail. Won't see that baby for about a month. I probably won't be ordering from China again for just this reason. Although Healthcabin has been great with their customer support, the QA is so shotty it's really a gamble whether or not you're going to get what you ordered in working condition. And that's not just for Healthcabin. That's for all the products coming in from China. At least if I get it stateside, the vendor has to deal with all the hassle seeing that they probably get all their stuff from China as well. So, here we go again....the waiting game begins......never really seems to end does it? heh...oh well...keeps life interesting. :)

16. mfisher2

mfisher2 Full Member Verified Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    I'm sure I speak for some when I say that the waiting is half the fun. I'm currently waiting for my vamo, and I'll be like a kid at Christmas when that box arrives.

17. SupplyDaddy

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Finally was able to order the wife's and mine this morning. I want to rush out to the mail box like Willy Coyote and pull the mail out Now!! LOL

18. Asatenaeth

Asatenaeth Full Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Georgia
    Got one as a gift from my parents for Christmas. Ordered from Zainy and it just missed getting here on time (they received it yesterday). Unfortunately, I can't see them until Sunday, so I'm in the same-ish boat. Only one more day to wait!

19. peraspera

peraspera Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2012
    midwest
    I ordered one of my VAMOs from Health Cabin in China. I used the DHL shipping option and it got to the U.S. midwest in three days. You can still save quite a bit of money if you place a big enough order to spread out the cost of the more expensive DHL shipping.

20. PepNYC

Dec 16, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Is DHL really more expensive? I thought I paid an extra $3 for EMS. Hmmm. I gotta look at my bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.