Desperately waiting for my Vamo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almarma

Dec 18, 2012
Norway
There is one thing that I love when shopping from China: the price.

And there is another thing that I really hate: waiting!!! :(

I've been shopping things from China websites since some years ago, specially electronics like flashlights, cables, etc. I didn't like to wait, but I did.

And I don't know why, but since I started to vape two months ago, to wait for the new vaping stuff that I buy is specially hard. Does anybody else feel the same?

I'm Spanish and have I've living in Norway for 3 years. Here, the tobacco is really expensive, like $16 a Lucky S. box with 20 cigarettes. So I moved from that to rolling my own ones. Cheaper, but annoying: hard to roll outside with frozen fingers and wind blowing.

But it was only 2 months ago when I read about the e-cigs and started to research about them. And bought the first kit (you know, two ego batteries with disposable clearomizers). I loved it, but, even waiting for that first kit, was really a pain!!

And now, I'm waiting for a Vamo since I read about it, and I want it now!!! :(

I just wanted to share my pain :blush: and ask if somebody else has the same feeling ;)

Cheers!

Almarma

Dec 18, 2012
Norway
Hehehe, is good to see that I'm not alone waiting ;). PepNYC, you're very lucky. I ordered mine last Saturday using EMS also, and I'm still waiting :(. It must be somewhere between China and Norway. Sometimes I think it would be really funny to be able to have a camera on the box and a GPS, to see where they are. It must be an amazing journey :)

Almarma

Dec 18, 2012
Norway
Hate the wait myself.. love the prices.. I have 4 packages I'm waiting for.. just for vaping stuff. Will be ordering Vamo's for the wife and I at the beginning of the year... More Waiting Ugh LOL

I've not convinced my wife yet about vaping. She only smokes like 4 or 5 analogs per day, on the evening (I don't understand yet how she's able not to smoke the rest of the day). I have two main reasons for here to stop smoking. One, her health, and second, the smell. Now that I vape, I feel that I'm less tolerant with the smoke smell and the taste if I kiss her ;)

She tried a puff the first day I got my first ecig, but she didn't like it, and now she doesn't want to try any other eliquid. The good thing is that now, I can vape inside other people houses, but she can't. So maybe in the future she gets tired of not being able to smoke when visiting friends :)

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I've not convinced my wife yet about vaping. She only smokes like 4 or 5 analogs per day, on the evening (I don't understand yet how she's able not to smoke the rest of the day). I have two main reasons for here to stop smoking. One, her health, and second, the smell. Now that I vape, I feel that I'm less tolerant with the smoke smell and the taste if I kiss her ;)

She tried a puff the first day I got my first ecig, but she didn't like it, and now she doesn't want to try any other eliquid. The good thing is that now, I can vape inside other people houses, but she can't. So maybe in the future she gets tired of not being able to smoke when visiting friends :)

My wife dived right in behind me! And told me yesterday We needed more power and control! LOL I hadn't told her about the Vamo's until then. She's loving the juices I DIY for her, although she does want an occasional bottle of Halo Shammrock :D

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Treated myself to a black chrome Vamo for Christmas - it's pretty good ;D

Christmas2012035_zpsa287d5ea.jpg

Picture really doesn't do it justice.

greeco555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Greece
sorry for that but i was exited also and i got 2 , after i place the battery in it i got completely disappointed, for some might be suitable but for my self is a very cheap worthless investment

BTW the main thing is before Vamo becomes known the price it was only 30 bucks but now the same uniit with some decoration on it they are selling it 60 and 70 bucks

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I ordered mine on Monday from Healthcabin. Just got it today. I really didn't think I was going to see it until the middle of next week. I used EMS. My first experience with Chinese shipping companies. I have to say, I'm quite pleased. Now....off to figure out how to use the thing.

Well, as soon as I started using it one of the buttons kept getting stuck. Now I have to send it back and they're shipping the replacement via China Airmail. Won't see that baby for about a month. I probably won't be ordering from China again for just this reason. Although Healthcabin has been great with their customer support, the QA is so shotty it's really a gamble whether or not you're going to get what you ordered in working condition. And that's not just for Healthcabin. That's for all the products coming in from China. At least if I get it stateside, the vendor has to deal with all the hassle seeing that they probably get all their stuff from China as well. So, here we go again....the waiting game begins......never really seems to end does it? heh...oh well...keeps life interesting. :)

Last edited:

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I ordered one of my VAMOs from Health Cabin in China. I used the DHL shipping option and it got to the U.S. midwest in three days. You can still save quite a bit of money if you place a big enough order to spread out the cost of the more expensive DHL shipping.

Is DHL really more expensive? I thought I paid an extra $3 for EMS. Hmmm. I gotta look at my bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread