• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DFW Vape Meet - 3/23 SUCCESS!! Boomerjack's Arlington

Status
Not open for further replies.

christhomaswynn

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
Texas
www.facebook.com
So I joined this group thinking I was going to get to talk to all of my North Texas vaping peeps and all I hear is the sound of cricket chirps. Let's get this group hopping again. I for one would love to see everybody come together in here so we can get a vape meet planned soon. That's only going to be possible if people get in here and participate. LET"S GO TEXAS VAPERS!:party:

Last edited by a moderator:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Heya chris - welcome to the forum! Yes, please help to get the traffic here. I'd love to get this rolling. While you're here, please answer the poll in the sticky threads, and leave comments as to your opinions.

Be sure to visit the thread regarding local B&M locations, and let us know if you visit one and how your experience was! Let us know if you find others as well!

Have a great day! :D

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Actually that comment on the stores was on the discussion section on the groups page. I will copy and paste it into the thread soon.

I was wondering why I couldn't find it! :lol:

As far as helping to drum up conversation in here, I think it's just a matter of posting and mentioning it to fellow Texans when you notice them in other threads. Also, you may want to change your location to Texas to help attract other Texans, but that may not have any effect...just a thought. :)

Ember

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Tyler, TX
Texas is big, y'all, and most of us'ns country folk. We don't like to hoof it into the big D if'n we don't gotta.
It's the land of a thousand trucks... and one parking space.

Suggestion: a series of small meets in various cities that are sponsored and/or organized by the same group at the same time on the same day. Simulcast via a G+ hangout or other meeting technology in order to allow for interaction. This allows for an organic buildup of eventual group cohesion and possible coalescence at a central point at a future time should there be the interest to do so.
Just my $.02.
<3
E.

p.s.
We have too many Texas forums.

Last edited:

christhomaswynn

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
Texas
www.facebook.com
Texas is big, y'all, and most of us'ns country folk. We don't like to hoof it into the big D if'n we don't gotta.
It's the land of a thousand trucks... and one parking space.

Suggestion: a series of small meets in various cities that are sponsored and/or organized by the same group at the same time on the same day. Simulcast via a G+ hangout or other meeting technology in order to allow for interaction. This allows for an organic buildup of eventual group cohesion and possible coalescence at a central point at a future time should there be the interest to do so.
Just my $.02.
<3
E.

p.s.
We have too many Texas forums.
The only problem with this idea is it would cost a lot of money over time. I think sticking with one location like Dallas is a good medium and a cheaper option for everybody that actually lives in North Texas. I've never done a meet before but unless someone is willing to donate their home and time I think you would have to rent a building and that's not cheap.

Ann_Marie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Arlington Texas
www.worldwidevape.com
The only problem with this idea is it would cost a lot of money over time. I think sticking with one location like Dallas is a good medium and a cheaper option for everybody that actually lives in North Texas. I've never done a meet before but unless someone is willing to donate their home and time I think you would have to rent a building and that's not cheap.

We wouldn't have to rent a building - a lot of restaurants have "back rooms" we'd just need to contact them to find one that would allow us to hold a meet there :) Joe's crab shack, Betos, Cantina Laredo, Texas Land & Cattle, Some buffalo wild wings. And, at that - if you contact restaurants and just find out if they would allow vaping there, for a small group you wouldn't need a separate area.

jayleekay

Feb 21, 2012
texas
And, this restaurant has a back area that is a smoking section, when the owner saw I was vaping he told me I should have stayed in the front section of the restaurant :)

We've known this place since it was out of an old Taco Bell on HWY 10

http://savianosrestaurant.com/

Sounds like someone likes italian food! Ever been to Cafe Sacilia in Bedford?

I like Savianos but I haven't been since I started going to Cafe Sicilia

I don't know if they allow vaping or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread