• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DFW Vape Meet-4/28 Boomerjack's Arlington

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Let's begin the discussion for our April vape Meet!

Where? I liked Boomerjack's in Arlington... It was easy to get to and very accommodating
When? Third weekend in April - Saturday afternoon?

I can put up a poll(s) on place and time if everyone prefers to do it that way, just let me know!

Tonight's was so much fun, I can't wait to do this again. :)

Last edited:

Ann_Marie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Arlington Texas
www.worldwidevape.com
Boomerjacks was a great place, when I helped plan huge custom truck meets we didn't get as good of service as we did last night. I was really impressed by that. It was also cool to get the whole section that has enough room till this blows up with folks..

Yeah, we only took up about 1/2 that space, so if we had 30 ish people there, then we could go up to 60 on just the patio - so that should hold us for a little while. When we blow up to more than that - we WILL have to discuss other venues, and we'll be ready for a DFW Vapalooza :D

sportyfortyeight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
dfw,texas,usa
me and the ol lady can make any meet on Friday nights or Saturday during the day. thinking from a vender side tho, the nights would be best so they wont have to close early to make the meets. i mean with out all the local b&m's the meets wouldn't be what they are and will help make into a HUGE thing..that being said i vote for Friday nights..

wynna86

Mar 7, 2012
justin, texas
me and the ol lady can make any meet on Friday nights or Saturday during the day. thinking from a vender side tho, the nights would be best so they wont have to close early to make the meets. i mean with out all the local b&m's the meets wouldn't be what they are and will help make into a HUGE thing..that being said i vote for Friday nights..
Don't get me wrong I like Saturday at 4, but I also agree without venders it won't be as good. Hmmm. .. what to do?

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011

Don't get me wrong I like Saturday at 4, but I also agree without venders it won't be as good. Hmmm. .. what to do?

Good points, and we will have to check with the vendors too on what they think. There are pros and cons to Friday night and Saturday afternoon both.

I know for Good Vapes, the one I contacted (they had the hookah! :) ), they close at 3pm on Saturdays, so I don't think 4pm would be a problem for them. I noticed on their websites, a couple of them close at 6, and one at 4 and one at 5. So let's contact the vendors that we each spoke with about last night, and get their input to help us make a decision. :)

I'll check with Good Vapes and let y'all know what I find out from them.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I just got off the phone with BoomerJacks and they really enjoyed having us last night. And that we would be welcomed back anytime. So if we wanted to go back there again we can. I want to say thank you to everyone who was good to our waitress, she had nothing but good things to say to her manger about us.:D

That's really good to hear! I was going to ask her last night how everything worked out and got distracted and forgot. :unsure:

Yes, she was very good, really attentive, I never wanted for anything. So many times in that type of environment you find sometimes it's hard to get drinks ordered, etc., so I was very pleased with that myself! :D

Ann_Marie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Arlington Texas
www.worldwidevape.com
We are not the only vaporers. if you would like to increase turnout, increase your advertising. Start a thread on vapers forum, or a new group at vapers place. The folks at vp live are nice about getting meets on the air, or you could shoot a voicemail over to the boys at vaporcast and plug it.

I totally agree Ember :) Let's get the times hashed out - and then we'll go public with it :eek:)

Ann_Marie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Arlington Texas
www.worldwidevape.com
Once we hash out the times, I can start a thread at Vaper's Forum, I can talk to Dimi from VP Live. Who knows the people at Vaporcast? And, who is in at Vapers Place? And, I can continue setting up events on FB, have a TON of Vapey people on Twitter, and Google + so I can send out announcements from all those places.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I've contacted Vixen's and Texas Vapes, I'll let you know what they say. Who is buddies with DFW? Find out what they say - and Good Vapes, can you touch base with the Sonic just to be sure?

I've contacted Good Vapes, and will let you know what they say. :)

Once we hash out the times, I can start a thread at Vaper's Forum, I can talk to Dimi from VP Live. Who knows the people at Vaporcast? And, who is in at Vapers Place? And, I can continue setting up events on FB, have a TON of Vapey people on Twitter, and Google + so I can send out announcements from all those places.

Thanks Ann Marie, I appreciate you doing that as I am not really active with TwitterBook+. :p :lol:

christhomaswynn

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
Texas
www.facebook.com
I have an idea...Since vendors are open on Saturday then lets try having the meets on Sunday earlier in the day. Another big issue is recently our one and only babysitter is only available on Sundays and Mondays so any other day would make it hard for us to be there. I would really hate to miss all the vape meets:(

christhomaswynn

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
Texas
www.facebook.com
I've contacted Vixen's and Texas Vapes, I'll let you know what they say. Who is buddies with DFW? Find out what they say - and Good Vapes, can you touch base with the Sonic just to be sure?

I'm pretty tight with James at DFWvapor and he is going to attend any meet we have. He also promotes like crazy. All I have to do is say the word and he will be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread