Diabetes and vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Thats exactly right, Soda , whether diet or regular will destroy your health . My Aunt can't stop drinking diet soda and her health went downhill , she can't even walk anymore , her kidneys give her major problems , major intestinal issues and excessive weight gain , she's bed ridden .

She was perfectly fine before she started drinking soda every day , she has to have a few big glasses , everyone has told her to stop including physicians .

I quit drinking soda and sugary drinks 2 years ago. My doctor said I needed to get my sugar level under control or there would be problems. 6 months later, my numbers were normal and I had lost 50 lbs... I see these kids with large sodas and can't help but think in 20 years they will be obese and on pills for diabetes...

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
In regards to juices, there is a minute amount of the conversion to glucose but minimal. In order for the PG/VG and artificial flavorings to convert it would take several 10ml bottles @ one time to be of any effect on BG. In fact there is more caloric risk just from PG alone versus an artificial flavoring....generally speaking, there may be some that have a higher value, those that contain some form of an "ose" ingredient.

If a Diabetic has high BG levels, it is safe to say it is not from vaping, even if you drank the entire bottle of liquid. If running high, it is time to evaluate the diet, activity levels and perhaps an underlying/un diagnosed illness.

If you can keep the A1c level @ 6 or lower the ability to further control the BG is easier....generally speaking per each individual make up.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 16015295" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
No personal experience, but something to consider:
Sweeteners used in juices are artificial sweeteners, not digestible.
Glycerin (VG) is a carbohydrate with usual calories for carbohydrate but it has a low glycemic index.
Exactly! +1

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I've been diabetic for 3 years and had a heart attack at the age of 41. I'm in excellent physical condition and keep a moderate diet. These things happened to me for unknown reasons and I have always felt it was from stress. My PCP, Cardiologist, and Pulmonologist all support my vaping habit. Other than the small amounts of nicotine (which is a blood thinner), there is no conclusive evidence that I have yet to read that vaping is harmful.

Reactions: herb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread