Status
Not open for further replies.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I'm not saying that people should just go ahead and inhale diacetyl freely, but to add some perspective... It's my understanding that the lung damage came from people in a factory inhaling large amounts of the stuff all day long, day after day. NF said that there are trace amounts of it (naturally occurring) in some flavors.

That's what I understand also. If you go to the health section on ECF, there are a few threads on it. No, I'm sure no one wants anything dangerous in our liquids but at the same time, I would think we would have to vape a ton for it to have an effect on our lungs.

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
All juices are back with the following information:

***This product contains a very small percentage of.diacetyl. A flavor molecule is found in buttery flavors***

Chemists tell me that is a trace amount. I am informing my customers and you can made an educated choice.

Side note:
I am trying to get the juices reformulated and will work to this end.
Also, I have been vaping Butterscotch and Vanilla Cream daily for 2 years. So, I am right there with you.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
OVer a year ago my favorite all day vape was Kona Coffee, from, you guessed it, COV.
Lately I've been getting a bit of Caramel Cream from Vaperite, which I believe, was (was) Bruce's supplier. I assume Vaperite uses diacetyl too as they are virtually the same imo...
I have some Butterscotch and some Caramel Cream from Vaperite, and I am over it. I can only say that easily because Snickerdoodle is my all day vape now for a year.
If I were to learn that there is Diacetyl in SD, I would be broken.... that would be big.
I'll have to talk to those vendors who make mine, but I know I'd vape most of what i have now... about 90ml.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii

***This product contains a very small percentage of.diacetyl. A flavor molecule is found in buttery flavors***

Chemists tell me that is a trace amount. I am informing my customers and you can made an educated choice.

Side note:
Also, I have been vaping Butterscotch and Vanilla Cream daily for 2 years. So, I am right there with you.

I hope other vendors will follow your lead Bruce, but til then, you da man.

J**2

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Medical Lake, WA, USA

Side note:

Kudos for you Bruce. At least you are working on this and up front on the issue. Hopefully the government will help you reformulate since there is some effort to ban it and remove GRAS designation.

GG, Provari, iatty2, DIY wannabe chef

Ember

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Tyler, TX
Yay! Education is good. Now I can choose - and I choose to go reorder the VC next week as I planned, but perhaps diversify a bit more than I have been... I've literally ONLY been using the creamy goodness. It's been nice not to carry four bottles and chase the other sixteen around the house/car. Everything else has been living in a box.
Thanks for carin' Bruce! I know when you reformulate, it'll be just as fantastic.
<3
E.

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest
Transparency is good! Kudos to Bruce!!!

It doesn't appear to be known yet what amount of diacetyl can cause harm to lungs. If anybody finds that info please post it?

Do some research folks. The disease caused by inhalation of diacetyl is not curable and is debilitating. At least be aware of the risk.

Popcorn Lung Disease FAQ | Frequently Asked Questions

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Does anyone know if there is D in Snickerdoodle?
SD is a pretty unique recipe. To get it right, vendors have to "know" what's what (have the right ingredients) ... not all juice vendors carry it on their menu.

i do know there's no cinnamon oil in SD, they use a cin. water based flavor.

Rowdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Georgia
Bruce, thanks for being upfront and honest about the presence of diacetyl in some of the Cloud Pure juices. It says a lot that you addressed the issue head on, with out hesitation, or any kind of meaningless rhetoric. I really appreciate that in the end you decided to inform me (the customer) about the contents of the product. This allowed me (the customer) to the make an informed decision about what I'm vaping. Just my $ 0.02, but I'm Fed-up (intentional Pun) with other people continuously deciding what's best for me.

Rowdy :vapor:

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Chemists tell me there is less than 1/4 of 1% in a bottle of juice.

Thank you for being open and honest on this issue. You are, no doubt, an extraordinary person and a leader amongst your peers. To put your customer’s safety ahead of your own bottom-line speaks loudly and well of you. COV Butterscotch is the first (and only) commercial juice I’ve ever found that has become my primary juice – it has been my all day-every day vape since July of last year. ¼ of 1% doesn’t sound like much, but until we have some more definitive numbers, you have provided us with both information and the ability to choose.

I was in the hospital when this tread started and now find myself catching up. I had open heart surgery last week to replace an aortic valve – it was a congenital defect and, as with any open heart procedure, there was a great deal of scrutiny given to the lungs. Switching over to the heart/lung machine and back again gave the doctors no concern and being a nonsmoker aided in recovery. I did not vape for 2 or 3 days after the procedure – just a common sense decision. I still do multiple spirometer tests and exercises every day and lung capacity is well above the expected. This doesn’t prove for or against the diacetyl in juices, but does show how one decision you make as a vendor can effect a customer’s life.

Bruce, I thank you once again for giving us the information and for letting us make the decision based on our own situation.

Teach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread