DIACETYL In E-juice And Your Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewels

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Diacetyl is naturally present in small amounts in food and flavorings such as milk, butter, cream, custards, yogurt, cheese, coffee, honey and most fruits. It is also present in many e-juice flavor extracts and in pre-mixed e-juice.

Diacetyl has been linked to lung disease in workers that handle it - so why are we all heating and inhaling it??

For those of you that have been thinking about mixing your own e-juice but have not yet done so - here is a great reason to start!

Found a place that has 1105 products (some concentrates, extracts and organic formulas of the same flavor) without Diacetyl - but must warn you: this company is No good if you are in a hurry- as orders typically take three calendar Weeks to arrive (they are Not processed in 3 to 5 days as it says on the site).

They also Do Not answer email - I sent multiple emails and have yet to get a response.

Have tried 6 of their products - all were great - 2 flavors for vaping (which are flavor extracts - Not ready to vape e-juice) and 4 different extracts.

They carry extracts and concentrates of the same flavors - so what should you buy? ...depends on your preference.

Both perform well in high heat - but concentrates need to be refrigerated and have a two year shelf life - while extracts do not need to be refrigerated and are good forever (pretty much). You need less of the concentrates to flavor your juice - but (at least for me) you need less of the extracts to flavor your juice than you do with most "conventional, tried and true" flavorings.

The flavoring for e-juice seems to be a bit sweeter than the extracts - but then again I Never add sweeteners to my recipes - not once since I started mixing in 2008 - and e-juice really doesn't need it.

Don't know if they carry sweeteners without Diacetyl - or even if Diacetyl is present in sweeteners - sorry.

When mixing your recipe - start with a small amount of flavoring - test it - then work your way up (if needed).

As with all recipes - you need the newly mixed e-juice to sit a while to let the flavor "mature" - if when you try it the juice has a medicinal after taste - then you have over flavored it.

If you are interested - the site is: http://www.bestflavors.com/ (No - I don't work for them) - but - if you order - do Not send them nasty grams while you are waiting (and waiting) because you already Know it's going to take 3 weeks to a month for your order to arrive.

......so: go forth and vape "healthier" - as- unlike many of the premixed juices - You now have a choice as to whether or not you are going to continue to vape this toxic substance!

[Removed]

Ordered some from them and recommend you get the PLASTIC bottle as the dripper on my glass bottle was chipped - assume the glass is sitting on the bottom of the bottle - but since it was really inexpensive - I just won't use the last of it.

They also have the most reasonably priced ejuice in the world (besides their parent company) - with the strictest purity standards. Unflavored bases go from 0mg up to 100mg (milligrams) per ml (milliliter).

Check out the parent company (e-cig.com) founded in 2003 - THE major player in pioneering the electronic cigarette (and the first manufacturer): https://www.e-cig.com/about-us (NOT ecig.com - a relatively new company that is unrelated).

Don't post very often - and so hope some of this information has been helpful and informative!

Last edited by a moderator:

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Man, I made a lengthy post about this in your cross-posted thread, but uh. Collateral.

In essence, bestflavors.com claims their flavorings are diacetyl free. No evidence whatsoever. Buy from flavoring companies that release fact sheets/chemical makeups. TFA, FA, WizardLabs.. The big guys.

Jewels

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Man, I made a lengthy post about this in your cross-posted thread, but uh. Collateral.

Buy from flavoring companies that release fact sheets/chemical makeups. TFA, FA, WizardLabs.. The big guys.

Have purchased from the "big guys" and their flavoring is remarkably inconsistent batch to batch.

Sometimes you receive a batch of flavoring that you have to use at least three times as much of to get the same amount of flavor in your juice - so I'm a bit skeptical about the accuracy of the "fact sheets".

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
hmmm .... Vendor takes three weeks to ship, doesn't respond to emails. claims diacetyl-free but stays silent on AP which according to all is identical in potential harm to diacetyl. Doesn't even have test results to back up diacetyl free claims.

Pretty sure Flavour Art have flavours which are diacetyl-free and AP free, quite a few people sell there stuff im sure there are some some other decent flavour companies!

Reactions: Mazinny

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... claims diacetyl-free but stays silent on AP which according to all is identical in potential harm to diacetyl. Doesn't even have test results to back up diacetyl free claims.

This is a Very Salient Point.

It is Great if a Retailer/OEM is using/making Flavors that are Diacetyl free. But if the Diacetyl was simply replace with Acetyl Propionyl, then not much has Changed.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Pretty sure Flavour Art have flavours which are diacetyl-free and AP free, quite a few people sell there stuff im sure there are some some other decent flavour companies!
Yes, as far as i know the only flavor vendor whose vape line is completely DA/AP free ( except for tiny amounts in their yoghurt flavor, which would make it non-detect when diluted for vaping ) with published results to back up their claim.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
FA has a certificate of test results on their web page for testing og D/A/P contents.

Reactions: Racehorse

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Yes, as far as i know the only flavor vendor whose vape line is completely DA/AP free ( except for tiny amounts in their yoghurt flavor, which would make it non-detect when diluted for vaping ) with published results to back up their claim.
FA is actually still reformulating some of their flavorings. It is all in the certificate list on their site.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
FA is actually still reformulating some of their flavorings. It is all in the certificate list on their site.
What do you mean, still reformulating ? I thought all 134 ( besides yoghurt ) were DA/AP free i.e. these are the reformulated ones for sale. Even the yoghurt one tested DA/AP free and they were surprised it showed tiny amounts when Enthalpy tested.

http://flavourartnaflavourreports.com/

Jewels

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Ordered from Flavour Art for the first time in 2008.
Had to order from Italy because you couldn't get their flavors here in the US (they didn't have Flavour Art UK back then either).

Although the connection was "secured" - my credit card info. ended up with someone in Thailand who proceeded to max out my card buying plane tickets, a domain, a custom web site, etc - all before I got my statement (or my order).

After 6 weeks my order came - I was so excited (had figured out I had to make my own juice if the cigarettes were ever going away) - when I opened the box it was full of surprises!! (got someone else's order - unfortunately nothing I could use) Took a week to straighten out and another 5 weeks of waiting for the correct order to arrive - haven't really followed them since.

Their flavors are All supposed to be DA/AP free Now - believe they are completely done reformulating.

Now that you can get the stuff in the US - and they still have some of the more obscure flavors I like - will give them another try.

Did find a site that has the 120ml size I like (can't do anything with the 10ml - like my flavors Really strong).

Does anybody know anything about E-Liquid Mart http://www.eliquidmart.com/flavourart-flavors/ ?

Some of their stuff is priced a bit higher than other sites but they are the only ones that have the flavors required.

When I ordered flavors from "the big guys" the vendor I used didn't answer their emails either :^( - and so would like to know about E-Liquid Mart.

Anyone know - looked around here and didn't come up with much info......... two good reviews - nothing really substantial (says the auto email is good - but what if you have an actual question?)

I did check out bullcityvapor.com - but the flavors most needed only come in 10ml :^(

Last edited:

Jewels

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
Wisconsin
According to Flavour Art:
"We realize that for E smokers, our food flavors are used in a different way as they are not ingested but inhaled, and the presence of diacetyl can be a cause of concern.

For this reason we have carried out massive removal of diacetyl from our flavor collection since November 2010 and product still containing it are clearly identified."

Cam775

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
Nevada
I've ordered from Eliquid Mart, they repackage their FA, but they sell 12ml bottles for the same price as the larger vendors 10ml, $2.99. Not helpful to you since you order larger sizes but maybe helpful to someone wanting to try out flavors. They respond to messages quickly and ship quickly and securely (no leaks for me). FYI, their CAP are not re-bottled in smaller sizes.

They're a reliable vendor, I would recommend them.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Capellas also has testing results on their web site with most of their flavors certified DAP free. And still reformulating some.
http://www.capellaflavors.com/a-p-status/

For those who care anyway. I like the DAP stuff it is tasty.

I do fully support the testing and posting of DAP results. However I buy the V! stuff cause it is tasty.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
hmmm .... Vendor takes three weeks to ship, doesn't respond to emails. claims diacetyl-free but stays silent on AP which according to all is identical in potential harm to diacetyl. Doesn't even have test results to back up diacetyl free claims.

Gee, that's batting 0 for 4......not sure why I would bother with them? when I can get stuff from TFA and so many other companies who provide data, answer email, and receive my order in less than 10 days.

Reactions: nyiddle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread