The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Diagnosed with Cancer

Discussion in 'Cancer Survivors and Loved Ones' started by Cha0s13, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cha0s13

Cha0s13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Well its been a long 2 months. I was diagnosed with kidney cancer at the beginning of August. I have a herniated disk in my back that has bothered me for the last year. I went in for a ct scan and thats when they found the tumor on my left kidney. Im only 39 years old. I went in for surgery Aug 26 and had a partiial robotic kidney neprhectomy. My surgeon said I was lucky because they caught it early, and after they biopsied the tumor in the operating room, it came back as stage one cancer. The surgeon also explained since it was non evasive, they were able to remove it all and theres a good chance it wont come back, but still scared and hope that it doesnt. Both my doctors agree that having that ct scan probably saved my life. Im still hurting pretty bad from the surgery, but getting better each week. Very scary indeed especially when I have a wife and 3 year old daughter that depend on me. Is there anyone on here that has had kidney cancer or know anyone that has gone through this?

2. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't know of anyone, but just wanted to wish you well. I hope you and your family will be together for a long time to come. Best wishes Chaos!

3. TinyTimberGal

TinyTimberGal Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I don't have any answers to your questions, I just want to send you good thoughts and wish you a speedy recovery.

4. Kristin0624

Kristin0624 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My dad has polycystic kidney disease, not cancer. His function has just gotten down to 20% in both and we're just waiting for them to test him to see if he can receive a new one, has to do dialysis first of course. If he can get a donor kidney, I'm getting tested. Wishing you well, and praying that there is no more cancer in the future. Hugs.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

5. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    I had kidney cancer a bit over 3 years ago. Didn't catch it as soon as you did, and so I'm down to one kidney now. I get checked with a yearly cat scan, and in depth blood work, and knock wood no recurrence.

I drink lots of water to exercise what I have left, but no other problems.

6. Cha0s13

Cha0s13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Hey Stosh, yeah they want me to do a ct scan every 6 months for 2 years, and and then one a year later after that. I never had any symptoms, blood work, urine analysis were all normal. Hoping you and I are in the clear. Ive never been so scared in my life. Thank you guys for all the well wishes :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.