Diagram for 18650 wattage pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen several "kick" type devices. Does anyone have a good wiring diagram for this type of adjustable controller? I could buy one and tear it down but I'm pulling my few remaining hairs out trying to find a good wiring schematic for these and 10-50 bucks for one is a bit steep for something I'm planning to tear down.

If there is a special ic built in to these then I can see why its so hard to find but if not, could someone post whatever they have for building a vw controller for a mech mod that fits in line with a standard batt (ignoring as small amount of length gain of course)

Thank you all in advance for your responses.

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
Essentially a variable wattage device is just a variable voltage device with a microcontroller changing the voltage to get the desired wattage.
Theres an old discussion about programming a controller here Variable wattage module - All About Circuits Forum

I don't t know of any off the shelf parts (aside from stuff like the kick, dna, etc) that come preprogrammed

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
I don't know how to make one. I tried to find you an eagle cad library but it appears there isn't one. That would give you a PCB layout and all the components.

But maybe you can desolder a a LM2596? Their cheap.

In my past tinkering with Arduinos, I found tearing something apart can sometimes be useful. But it did not matter, if I didn't know the purposes of the individual parts. The in and the outs. The functions. Stopping to understand this, made designing a PCB layout so much easier and quicker. On a side note, I think an Attiny85 IC would be a good choice to control an LCD display. But I think you just want the circuit bit.

I have a dead kick 1 clone I'll send you if you want it. Just PM me an address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread