The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Diagram for 18650 wattage pcb

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by Anemephistus, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Anemephistus

Anemephistus Senior Member ECF Veteran

I've seen several "kick" type devices. Does anyone have a good wiring diagram for this type of adjustable controller? I could buy one and tear it down but I'm pulling my few remaining hairs out trying to find a good wiring schematic for these and 10-50 bucks for one is a bit steep for something I'm planning to tear down.

If there is a special ic built in to these then I can see why its so hard to find but if not, could someone post whatever they have for building a vw controller for a mech mod that fits in line with a standard batt (ignoring as small amount of length gain of course)

Thank you all in advance for your responses.

2. Unrequitedandrology

Unrequitedandrology Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2013
    Add Bluetooth connectivity when you get it figured out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mxrdrver

mxrdrver Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2013
    Sacramento, Ca
    Why would U want to tear down a kick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Dj Xy

Dj Xy I'm winning like Charlie Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    baltimore, maryland
    Essentially a variable wattage device is just a variable voltage device with a microcontroller changing the voltage to get the desired wattage.
    Theres an old discussion about programming a controller here Variable wattage module - All About Circuits Forum

I don't t know of any off the shelf parts (aside from stuff like the kick, dna, etc) that come preprogrammed

5. DeviantDigi

DeviantDigi Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2010
    adasdad
    I don't know how to make one. I tried to find you an eagle cad library but it appears there isn't one. That would give you a PCB layout and all the components.

But maybe you can desolder a a LM2596? Their cheap.

In my past tinkering with Arduinos, I found tearing something apart can sometimes be useful. But it did not matter, if I didn't know the purposes of the individual parts. The in and the outs. The functions. Stopping to understand this, made designing a PCB layout so much easier and quicker. On a side note, I think an Attiny85 IC would be a good choice to control an LCD display. But I think you just want the circuit bit.

I have a dead kick 1 clone I'll send you if you want it. Just PM me an address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.