Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I looked at the Diamante at one point. I like the idea of the digital pot, but it didn't seem like I would be able to fine-tune my voltage quite the way I wanted. Looks like a good mod overall, though. I can't remember if that was before or after I owned a Provari that I was considering it, though, I think it was before

Here's a review video for you:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eviews/220469-diamante-review-funkyvapes.html

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
I looked at the Diamante at one point. I like the idea of the digital pot, but it didn't seem like I would be able to fine-tune my voltage quite the way I wanted. Looks like a good mod overall, though. I can't remember if that was before or after I owned a Provari that I was considering it, though, I think it was before

Here's a review video for you:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eviews/220469-diamante-review-funkyvapes.html

It probably wouldn't be that hard to fine tune once you knew what loaded voltage worked for you with what ohm coil. I kind of like that it reads the loaded voltage too..looking at this thing though it seems to just have one of those lipo testers for a display with 1 post wired into both sides of the connector.

@ The OP: They are really 2 different devices I wouldn't buy either myself because they are both over $100..I don't really like the idea of stacked batteries as much as single. I guess it depends on what amps the Diamante can do and if you're looking for more amperage.

A stacked battery device can do more amperage but I don't see where it says the limit of this device. I'm not sure I could decide because I'm not really thinking of either. The Provari's 1 button menu is a big issue for me..if the Provari had +/- buttons I would recommend it over the Diamante. To me they both fall short in the price range (otherwise cost too much for what they deliver)...

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
I too looked at this mod before buying the Provari. Several people on ECF told me to avoid it like the plague, but I could never get a concrete reason why -- although now that stacked-battery mods are being talked about quite a bit more, that was probably the reason. I went with the more solid reputation in the end.

Here's GrimmGreen's review of the Diamante: THE DIAMANTE VARI VOLT MOD - YouTube

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
I have both. I like the diamanté because it is stacked so the 18350's last longer, they are protected batts.
The d is very tall many don't like that, it also takes 510 or 801 Attys.
The inside 510 threads went bad so I got an 801/510 adapter and it works great.
It is also much lighter than the provari.
I can run dcc on the D, whereas on the provari I cannot, well at least at the voltages I prefer.
Hope this helps

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Never heard of this device before. I watched the video and it looks interesting. I like that it shows the loaded voltage. I don't use a device unloaded so the loaded voltage is what is important and shown with the voltmeter, it looks pretty accurate. I like the bottom cap acting as an on/off switch...looks like it would be quick and easy. I noticed on the site it only has a 3 month warrenty. It doesn't check carto/atty ohm though and I like having that feature. Its pretty long but then again so is the provari. I don't know about stacked batts...

The provari is only $20 more, takes a single batt, 9 month longer warrenty, checks resistance, and the unloaded voltage is the same as the loaded voltage. What you set is what you get.

Some people like a readout and some don't. I like a readout as long as what its reading out is accurate. The buzz pro has a nice cameo and is something you might also want to consider. So in the end its all about what features you, yourself want.

Last edited:

Newtkeeper

Dec 22, 2011
Addison, TX
I hadn't thought about disadvantages of stacked batteries. Reading ohm of the atty is nice, and the provari would give me that read out, but I'm usually pretty careful with my stuff. I have a VVPV, it hits great I figured it would be similar to the Buzz, but I've never actually used a Buzz.

The prices are high, but I've yet to find a cheaper VV mod that delivers very well, the lavatube has a 2 amp max, I really want to go up to 2.5 or 3 amps.

how is the battery life on the Provari? It seems my Lavatube eats batteries. One selling point of the Diamante was teh extra battery life.

The smoktech looks interesting. I do like the 5 amp output, but it is $128 and made in China. I think I'd rather spend the extra $20 or so and get a USA mod.

Thansk for the info. Anything else is welcome. including mod recommendations.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Diamante..

98_mitsubishi_diamante_es.jpg

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
I hadn't thought about disadvantages of stacked batteries. Reading ohm of the atty is nice, and the provari would give me that read out, but I'm usually pretty careful with my stuff. I have a VVPV, it hits great I figured it would be similar to the Buzz, but I've never actually used a Buzz.

The prices are high, but I've yet to find a cheaper VV mod that delivers very well, the lavatube has a 2 amp max, I really want to go up to 2.5 or 3 amps.

how is the battery life on the Provari? It seems my Lavatube eats batteries. One selling point of the Diamante was teh extra battery life.

The smoktech looks interesting. I do like the 5 amp output, but it is $128 and made in China. I think I'd rather spend the extra $20 or so and get a USA mod.

Thansk for the info. Anything else is welcome. including mod recommendations.

Newtkeeper, the thing that worries me about the diamante, in addition to the stacked batteries, is that it doesn't seem to hold the desired voltage under load. with the provari, whatever voltage you set the device at it will deliver. and if it does not have the capacity to do so--i.e., it might cause a short of the atty or device--you will get one of the various error messages. the diamante does look good, but i have a provari v2 and provari mini and i can wholeheartedly endorse these mods. they provide the smoothest and most consistent vape i have ever known (i too have the lavatube).

i have been waiting on an order for the VVPV, but if you are happy with that device i imagine the buzzpro or infinity pro would provide you with an extremely satisfying vape. the infinity is about a hundred bucks, so definitely a steal. as for the provari, the atomizer ohm reader has been pretty useful--at least in terms of more accurately calculating wattages and heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread