Diamond batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    2 New Battery Lines Introduced Today--Diamond Series and Stealth Series!!!
    Vapor4Life is pleased to announce 2 new battery lines today.

First up we have the Diamond Series Line. These batteries have a multifaceted Crystal LED cap for that bejeweled look! They are Auto only and are available in Regular, Shorty, and XL lengths and have a 20 second cutoff.

They are currently available in:

Purple with Pink, Purple, or White Crystal LED's
    Green with Pink, Yellow, or Green Crystal LED's
    Pink with Purple or Pink Crystal LED's
    Lavender with Pink, Purple, or White Crystal LED's
    Red with Red, Blue, or White Crystal LED's
    Blue with Red, Blue, or White Crystal LED's
    Black with Purple Crystal LED

copy of past post

Kanza

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2011
    Wilmette, IL
    Snow...that's amazing! You could spot a Russian blue from a back lit avatar? Hats off to you!

And, sharoline, haven't had a chance to welcome you yet...so...welcome!! And, a manual is one of the options that will be included in the new design...redesign? Sigh! It's hard to wait, isn't it? But you have friends here to help you pass the time :)

SnowDragon

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 28, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    Snow...that's amazing! You could spot a Russian blue from a back lit avatar? Hats off to you!

And, sharoline, haven't had a chance to welcome you yet...so...welcome!! And, a manual is one of the options that will be included in the new design...redesign? Sigh! It's hard to wait, isn't it? But you have friends here to help you pass the time :)

I've owned 4 Russian Blues over the years Kanza. They are an awesome breed to own, extremely loyal they generally bond to a single owner and don't do well with a lot of chaos, small kids, or dogs.

They have a unique heart shaped head, tappered tail, captivating yellow or green eyes, a solid gray coat, and with their long slender legs they often lay in a Sphynx like position. Extremely loving to the one they bond with and extremely skittish with those they don't. I had 2 males that were huge 12 & 14 lbs, extremely territorial they tore up any other cat in the neighborhood, it was bad. I also had a small female maybe 4-5 lbs and a small male maybe 5-6 lbs.

Sharolines looks to be the small and sleek model....is that right Sharoline?

Last edited:

Janet

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2008
    Akron OH USA
    Hi everybody! My favorite vape is a V4L CoolCart on a V4L auto passthrough. I've been using V4L's auto passthroughs for a long time now. My first one lasted 7 months. I had a back up, but it fell apart. I was sent a manual replacement, which I didn't mind - I don't have a problem with using manual batteries/passthroughs. But the button broke on the manual passthrough soon after I tried it (same day actually). Customer service sent another automatic that worked for a while. I did have to sand it down first though. It stopped working after only a few weeks. I had another back-up one and after using it for a couple days, it decided to just stay "fired up" all by itself a couple hours ago. Carto (it would have to be a brand new one :() burned and battery won't work at all now, so I think it's fried. So sad!

I just tried the post fix on the second one (the one that I had to sand down) and it works now (at least for the last hour). So this "fix" seems to work on passthroughs too!

I ordered a kit sometime last year with regular auto batteries and passthrough. I never could get the batteries to work consistently. When I wrote to customer service, they just told me that I was probably just taking too long of a drag and the cut-off kicked in. That is not what was happening. I gave up. Wish I knew about the "post fix" back then.

Anyway, I have a co-worker I'm trying to educate about e-cigs. She went and found a cheap PCC from a company I never heard of. It came with pre-filled cartridges and an exposed bridge atomizer that pierced a foil membrane in the cartridge. It was a tiny little thing. So, last week I found a regular 510 battery, atty, and a never-used cartridge I had at home. I gave her a little bottle of e-liquid and sent her home to try it over the weekend. She liked it a lot better than hers. It was fun watching her. She said, "wow, I can taste it!" She got over the "it needs to look like a real cigarette" thing right away.

Because of my bad experience with my first batteries from V4L, I'm reluctant to recommend them.

I wanted her to try V4L cartos, so I found an old manual KR808 XL battery another vendor had sent to me along with some cartomizers when they first hit the scene. It worked great, but it was white and kind of ugly. However, I was hooked on the KR808 cartomizers. When I found V4L cartomizers with the soft caps, it felt like I struck gold, especially when I tried the V4L passthrough. So today, I took the ugly white battery along with some V4L pre-filled Wow cartos and she really liked it! She told me she has found the one she likes - "It's like a real cigarette!" - and that I didn't need to bring any more of my toys for her to play with.:p (Thank you V4L for sending some complimentary cartos along with my last order per my request for the purpose of letting co-workers to try!) She is my first convert!

Sooooo, I'm not sure what to do now. I've been using e-cigs for almost 3 years and have always been reluctant to recommend any particular model, because e-cigs can be so "fiddly." When I'm at home, I use the V4L passthrough. When I'm on the go, I use a Riva (510 eGo type) with Boge 510 2.0 ohm cartomizers or V4L Wow cartos + adapter. (Sorry, no offense intended - but I know I can count on the Riva battery to be dependable).

Since my co-worker really liked the V4L carto, it would be so easy for her to be able to order a V4L kit, but I'm afraid she might get mad at me if the batteries don't work. If they don't, are chances good that the "post fix" will work? Also, which: auto or manual, and which size batteries do you think are best? And, auto or manual for a passthrough? Just hoping to get ones with the best performance and success rate. If color makes any difference on performance/success rate, I'd like to know that too.

I'm wanting one of those pretty batteries with the bejeweled bottoms for myself! Do the regular V4L chargers work on the Diamond series?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for reading my loooong post and any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Bad_Kitty

Apr 7, 2011
    USA
    Snow: I am extemely impressed with your knowledge of cat breeds. I have an F2 Chausie, 2 Oriental Shorthairs & a Ragdoll. Do you participate in cat shows?

I've owned 4 Russian Blues over the years Kanza. They are an awesome breed to own, extremely loyal they generally bond to a single owner and don't do well with a lot of chaos, small kids, or dogs.

They have a unique heart shaped head, tappered tail, captivating yellow or green eyes, a solid gray coat, and with their long slender legs they often lay in a Sphynx like position. Extremely loving to the one they bond with and extremely skittish with those they don't. I had 2 males that were huge 12 & 14 lbs, extremely territorial they tore up any other cat in the neighborhood, it was bad. I also had a small female maybe 4-5 lbs and a small male maybe 5-6 lbs.

Bad_Kitty

Apr 7, 2011
    USA
    Hi Janet,
    I prefer the manual batteries & haven't had any issues with the manual batteries I've purchased from V4L. I did initially have issues with some autos requiring filing of the threads. However, the crystal tip won me over & I had to buy one of them. I still prefer the manuals & can't wait for the manual crystal tips but the auto crystal tip I purchased worked perfectly. I haven't had issues with the new crystal tip battery working on cool carts or wow carts. I don't believe that color has any impact on the functionality of the battery.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Janet, wow, sorry you've had so many problems. I, on the other hand, have only had one problem with batteries, and CS took care of it right away. I would highly recommend the diamond series batteries; great draw, and they are beautiful. And I prefer auto's, and XL's cuz they last so long (5-6 hours usually, for me). Congratulations on converting a friend.

SnowDragon

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 28, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    Bad_Kitty I don't do shows, just had cats and dogs all my life. I currently have a Bombay one of the most comedic breeds I have ever owned....never shuts up!

attachment.php

Janet, I think V4L has come a long ways from just a year ago. I would get an Auto Passthrough and some Manual Batteries, like 1 regular and 1 XL for your friend. All in all I think the Manuals are simply more stable and color makes no difference. Being the videographer of the Post Fix I would like to think it fixes everything, but sadly it doesn't. I really wouldn't worry to much about it, as well, post adjustments are pretty routine kinda like cleaning a battery. It something that is probably a good idea to do when the need arises.

Hope this helps Janet, sorry to hear that you were snake bitten at first.

Last edited:

sharoline424

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 15, 2011
    Pearl River LA

yup! you're right. he won't have anything to do with anyone but me. doesn't like my husband. not sure how much he weighs, maybe 10-12 lbs.

Janet

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2008
    Akron OH USA
    Thanks everyone for your responses to my post! I really appreciate it. Please keep your fingers crossed and/or pray that my co-worker gets V4L pieces and parts that all work properly, as this will most likely set a precident for others at work who want to convert to vaping. We are approaching a smoking ban on any property at my workplace, so co-workers are now seriously panicking and most likely will be considering e-cigs. I'm sure I am not the only one in this situation either.

I've become accustomed to expecting e-cig things to arrive with some kind of problem, so I'm not surprised when it happens, but if I recommend a company to a co-worker, I don't want to be the one to get the blame if their e-cig doesn't work. (And you can be sure that would happen with the people I work with.) I'm hoping as time goes on, improvements are being made and the products we have today most likely have a better chance of working properly. I think we are at a critical time right now when it's especially important for the stuff to work like it's supposed to.

There is more and more of a demand everyday, so hopefully this is resulting in extra profits for V4L, as well as other e-cig vendors. I would really like to see some of those extra profits go to more quality control and more customer support. I know it takes a lot of extra time for a company to provide these services (and we all know time=money, but in the longrun, extra quality control and good customer support will yield extra profits in addition to converting more and more smokers to vapers.

I know there are probably thousands, if not millions, of e-cig pieces and parts lying dormant all over creation because it was just too much hassle to get customer support, in addition to packing up non-working parts and sending them back. Also, many people have screwed up their credit and finances so badly, they can't even have a checking account or credit card. So ordering online is just something out of the question for them. I would be willing to order for them, but then I would need to be the one who has to mess around with dealing with customer service and sending stuff back. And that is definitely not something I'm willing to do right now. I may be willing to do it though in the future if I see a big improvement in quality and customer support.

Sooooo, I want V4L's site to have everything in stock more often, perfectly working products always, and all the pretty colors including black. This is just my own personal feedback that I hope will be taken seriously. ;) The Family Special's are great - so keep them coming please! I hope when I'm ready to order again, there will be an XL manual Diamond series battery available in all colors, along with the LED color of my choice. I'm thinking maybe a shiny black one with a purple or clear LED. Oooooooo.

On a lighter note, I've never had a V4L cart fail. I love the carts - and the cats too!. Throughout most of my adult life, I've had a Siamese or a pair of them. I've never spent the money on a purebred, but was lucky to be asked to adopt the ones I've had. I did love the look and the personalities of mine. My last one died at 17 years old about 3 years ago. I would love to have another cat again and don't really care if it's a purebred. I am kind of partial to the looks, the short coats, and personalities of the oriental types. I like their big ears and the shape of their heads. I love all kinds of cats though, and I'm sure I'd be just as happy with a mutt, as long as it likes to sit on my lap and be petted. Sharoline's is a beauty and I'd take one like that any day!

wader2k

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 8, 2010
    NE Illinois
    Janet, I appreciate your comments and assure you we take all feedback seriously. I am sorry you have had problems with our products. I believe we have the best customer service in the industry and make at as easy as we can to deal with issues when they arise. The goal of course is too have NO defects and to that end I don't know of any company that is working as hard to improve quality. Steve is in China as we speak to further progress on that front.

Janet

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2008
    Akron OH USA
    I took advantage of the awesome sale today (40% off if order placed before 3 PM). I got some black (yes, finally black cartos!) and a purple Diamond XL battery. I really was hoping to get a black battery, but it wasn't a choice. I really like all the pretty colors, but I also like an elegant look at certain times and Diamond series batteries offered in glossy black with a white LED would fit the bill, especially when used with a black carto that had a black rubber stopper instead of the generic white that all vendors seem to have.

I imagine there is only one factory in China that makes the soft rubber caps (not the rubber protectors/condoms - the little mouth-piece caps), so maybe Steve could stop by and ask them to make them out of black rubber instead of white and just do away with the ones that are difficult to pry off every time you want to refill. (Yes, I do know about drip tips, but I'm always losing mine - I have a steady supply of the caps all cartos come with though and I save them, so if I lose one, it's not a problem.)

So Wade, is there any way you can let Steve know I hope to see Diamond series XL batteries offered soon in glossy black with a white LED? A manual button would be nice too. And if you could pass on my thoughts about the black rubber caps that would be especially nice. Maybe he could do something about these requests while he's there.

I sure hope I don't have to sand down the threads or fiddle with adjusting the post on the one I just ordered.

Also, on the website, it is difficult to tell by the photos which ones are the colors listed. A drop down menu for LED color choice would help too. For people going to the website for the first time, they have no idea what color LED they might get or even have a clue they can request a particular LED color to go with their battery.

Same goes for the cartos - people should be able to see the true color of each carto, not just a word like "green" (Is it light green, dark green, metallic, or what?) Photo representation with clear description for everything would be great.

And while Steve is in China, do you think he could check about making all the soft rubber caps the same - like the ones that the CoolCarts have? They are so much easier to pop off - I don't need any paper clips or tools to do that, except maybe for the first time. The Premium carts have soft rubber caps, but they are not as easy to get off. It really would be nice if the rubber caps came in black rather than in white.

I know I must sound really picky, but I am almost sure a lot of V4Lers want some of the same things I want. =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread