The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Diarrhea from vaping?

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by Fatty Acid, Sep 7, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fatty Acid

Fatty Acid New Member

Sep 7, 2019
    So when I got a day or more with out vaping, and then start again I will have diarrhea from the first 5 hits to about 3 days sometimes longer. What is causing this? It happens every time, so what can I do to stop this?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    See a DOCTOR and stop asking for medical advice on a vaping website!

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    You're doing it wrong. MTL, DTL are ok. RTL (rectum to lung) can cause problems.

• Funny x 25
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  4. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    Deer Camp
    I have no idea because I've never gone a day without vaping since December of 2013.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Eat some Imodium AD.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mikhail v

mikhail v Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    What sort of nic do you use? Nicotine has such effect, so more nic = more 'relaxation'.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    You're thinking of beer. More nic, since it's a stimulant, means more stimulation. Maybe it stimulates the colon, though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mikhail v

mikhail v Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    haha maybe. Jokes aside, I've noticed loosening of the 'substance' so to say, by higher nic consumption. Same was with casual cigarettes as I remember from my past smoker experience.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    They don't call it Vooping for nothing!

Yes, Nicotine can cause diarrhea if you have too much!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Love x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  10. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I vote for Vooparrhea :thumbs:.

• Funny Funny x 10
  11. Mimi25
    This message by Mimi25 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Sep 7, 2019, Reason: Inappropriate.
    Sep 7, 2019
  12. homeuser6

homeuser6 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    brightwood,or.,usa
    i got the squirts from using a regulated mod. i only use mechs now.

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. Doffy

Doffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2014
    Australia
    changes in nicotine intake can do that, regardless of if you start getting more, or start getting less

can also cause constipation. But changing nic intake often means changing poop output

consulting at least a pharmicist or dr is always good though

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Horselady154

Horselady154 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    What strength nic are you vaping and on what wattage and device?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    That’s a new one. Like totally new. As in There’s got to be something else to this. Behavior that goes along with taking up vaping again is a big one. Others might be “what exactly are you trying to vape?” I suppose it’s not completely impossible that the device somehow got infected with something and a complete lack of cleaning might create such a situation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    really? You’ve heard of something like this before?

• Like Like x 2
  17. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    It is physically impossible for your digestive system to react to anything that fast and have it come out THAT end. You could eat raw chicken contaminated with salmonella AND e.coli and it would still take hours to produce that effect. Even if you ate a whole box of ex-lax it would take longer than that. So, I do not for a second buy that you have to run to the bathroom after just 5 puffs.

Now, it is true that nicotine can cause these symptoms, but only by ingesting it (drinking the juice, eating lozenges, swallowing dip or gum saliva, etc.). So my suggestion would be to stop swallowing the juice or even the vapor.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    You must vape while hanging upside down then. Regulated devices can only cause problem when vaping upside down, while mechs only cause problems when vaping right side up. This is why upside down vapers prefer and in fact recommend mechs.

• Funny Funny x 6
  19. Doffy

Doffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2014
    Australia
    yeah

i think it is even listed as a side effect on some NRT products (and i've had this :blush: )

i really think a pharmacist consult would be best point of call

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I would have taken you more seriously, but you said this happens after 5 hits! What are you vaping... 50 mg at 200 watts?
    As far as others on this forum being rude, harsh (or just joking) there have been many bizarre threads by new members about very odd conditions they are sure were caused by vaping. Add to that, this one guy asked if frozen concentrate orange juice would work better than regular OJ... turns out he didn't realize this is a vaping forum (he just thought it was a general quit smoking forum and drinking juice is supposed to help) and with all the anti-vaping hype going down lately, we never know if someone is serious or just ... with out heads (adding to BS)
    Actually, I have had less issues like that since vaping. Turns out it has nothing to do with it... moved away from my old room-mate that had no concept of salmonella when handling raw chicken (and no concept of washing his hands) It really could just be coincidence (or way too strong of nic and chain vaping) Did you smoke cigs before? Why do you vape? For "the buzz"?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    It is, especially on things you can swallow such as lozenges and gum. I also had this issue with the lozenges and I have posted about it a few times. The problem with these delivery methods is the nic gets in your saliva and then gets swallowed which is how it gets into your digestive tract in enough concentration to cause these issues. Even then it is not a fast process and takes building up over several weeks to become an issue. I also tried the patch and did not have this issue, nor has it been an issue with vaping. Then again I don't swallow my juice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1