Did anyone catch the piece on e-cigs on fox news just now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmorrison1

Jan 2, 2013
Israel
Some doctor was just on Fox news saying that liquid nicotine is a highly dangerous material and the fact that it is sold without regulation is very dangerous. He then went on to say that studies have shown that e-cigs have no effect on helping people quit smoking and in fact it has shown it to be a gateway for teenagers to start smoking. He also said that it was found that e-cigs could be helpful for heavy smokers to quit, almost as effective as the nicotine patch.

I have never heard so much nonsense in my life. I was a heavy 2 pack a day smoker and I quit the day I first vaped. I have read testimonies from countless people with stories similar to mine. Such pathetic scare tactics!

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: We are not arguing who the best TV news is in here

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
In all of TV media, Fox News has overwhelmingly been the source of positive stories and information on ecigarettes. The evidence is right here on this forum. That said, there are a few stories and a few consultants, that have picked up on the stories of the other news media - this particular one from the "trusted" NY Times, that they report on.

CabinetGuyScott

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit
customcabinetsbycasey.com
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Heynow007

Moved On
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
I saw the report and posted about it in another thread. Report basically said:

1,350 calls to Poison Control in 2013 (not what I heard)
Individual died from "rubbing up against" something with 10% nic concentrate. (When did this happen)
SF study reports no help in stopping smoking cigarettes (Really?)
"Children" who use e cigs also smoke
Need FDA regulation NOW.
Should be available only with doctors approval

I think they covered all bases.

Edit: I missed the most important issue. Segal said that earlier e-cigs were sealed and you couldn't mess with them. Now we have all the poison liquid available anywhere that will kill you. When you read between the lines it says "Make BT e cigs the only ones available.

Last edited:
News: All the news that's fit to attract people to view our commercials. And no, I don't exempt any news agency from that.

In this case, it bleeds, it leads.

Although strangely, I've worked with 10% concentrate for a long time, gotten a bit on myself, and am somehow not dead (and never had any symptoms or noticeable effects).

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
News: All the news that's fit to attract people to view our commercials. And no, I don't exempt any news agency from that.

Although strangely, I've worked with 10% concentrate for a long time, gotten a bit on myself, and am somehow not dead (and never had any symptoms or noticeable effects).
But your name is Morpheus? Maybe you're immune. ;)

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I watched Fox News as usual during lunch, and I was astonished to see Marc Siegel rehash that hit piece from the New York Pravda and then add some further slander on his own.

The FoxNews website had the gist of the article on their website about an hour earlier. FoxNews is noted for keeping links on their home page for hours and days. But, when I checked just now, that article was gone. That may represent a record for brevity of exposure on FoxNews.

I wonder if Greg Gutfeld had anything to do with the quick "kill."

Last edited:

Bontasia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2014
Texas
I think we are going to start seeing more and more of this. There was an article posted around the forums a day or two ago that was in the New York Times. It was so misleading and obviously written as a scare tactic and judging from some of the comments I read it worked.

It just seriously blows my mind that anyone would want to ban something that makes people quit smoking. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I watched Fox News as usual during lunch, and I was astonished to see Marc Siegel rehash that hit piece from the New York Pravda and then add some further slander on his own.

The FoxNews website had the gist of the article on their website about an hour earlier. FoxNews is noted for keeping links on their home page for hours and days. But, when I checked just now, that article was gone. That may represent a record for brevity of exposure on FoxNews.

I wonder if Greg Gutfeld had anything to do with the quick "kill."

Let's hope that Gutfeld and Stossel weigh in on this drivel soon.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I think we are going to start seeing more and more of this. There was an article posted around the forums a day or two ago that was in the New York Times. It was so misleading and obviously written as a scare tactic and judging from some of the comments I read it worked.

It just seriously blows my mind that anyone would want to ban something that makes people quit smoking. Sigh.

They don't mind that it helps people quit smoking. What really bothers them is that it helps CHILDREN quit smoking! ;-)

And I'm pretty sure this piece was driven by "coverage" of the NYT article. Since people are talking about it it must be news, right?

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I don't think either side is immune to the push ..

ATR Opposes Governor Christie

New Jersey is a special case, it's all about running out of other peoples money to spend and also having many big pharma companies headquartered in the state. If big pharma says BOO, the politicians tremble.

Bontasia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2014
Texas
They don't mind that it helps people quit smoking. What really bothers them is that it helps CHILDREN quit smoking! ;-)

And I'm pretty sure this piece was driven by "coverage" of the NYT article. Since people are talking about it it must be news, right?

Ha. It reminds me of that blonde "reporter" lady I think it's nancy grace or something like that who's always saying WHAT ABOUT THE BAAAAAABIESSSS.

I spent more time than I will admit reading comments in the NYT website where that article was and sooo many people were like "we need the government on this NOW these people should have to print on the label what the contents are and have child proof caps!!!!" And I was just like ummmmm done and done? Can I vape in peace now?

New Jersey is a special case, it's all about running out of other peoples money to spend and also having many big pharma companies headquartered in the state. If big pharma says BOO, the politicians tremble.

No True Scotsman fallacy. Utah is argued the same because they're Mormons, another NTS fallacy. When the third one goes, there will be another fallacy put forth.

It's a good excuse to exclude said politician from your fold, but as long as they have an R after their name you kind of have to own it.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie

If you browse the Call To Action Links on:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/casaa/531683-calls-action-posted-here-updated-3-25-14-a.html

You will find that there is a solid mix of both sides on these proposed legislations .. like I said, there is no party immunity to the proposals ..

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
If you read the actual article out of SF it says only 88 people in the study used e cigs and it was not clear if they wanted to quit smoking cigarettes.

www. foxnews .com/health/2014/03/25/e-cigarettes-may-not-help-smokers-quit-says-study

Siegals response cited in this article is certainly different that what he "spewed" on the cable network report. I went to Fox's website to send them a message about my disgust with this fit of journalistic malpractice and could not find the story.

Last edited by a moderator:

CabinetGuyScott

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit
customcabinetsbycasey.com

You of all people Morpheus should know that you may, or may not be aware of your own death! Depends on what color that pill was :lol:

(sorry All, couldn't help myself ;))

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
If you browse the Call To Action Links on:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/casaa/531683-calls-action-posted-here-updated-3-25-14-a.html

You will find that there is a solid mix of both sides on these proposed legislations .. like I said, there is no party immunity to the proposals ..

I've been keeping up with the thread. Wasn't excusing either party, just pointing out big pharma is as controlling in New Jersey as coal in West Virgina, tourism in Florida, silicon valley in Calif or tobacco in Virginia.....we each have our cross to bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread