Did Apple buy Juul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Is it true that Apple bought juul and is coming out with a juul 2 that’s going to sell for 300.00?
    I bought a juul on sale for 35.00 with 8 refills and other than being super light like a real cigarette I don’t see anything special about Juul.
    I went through all 8 cartridges in 3 days.
    Juul has great advertising by using warnings they promote their products more than any ecig I’ve seen to date.
    Apple has big plans unless the video on youtube isn’t true.

• Creative
    Reactions: Nancy D

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Well Altria, who brings us Marlboro among other tobacco products did buy 35% of Juul. As Apple and Altria both start with A, it's easy to see someone getting confused.

If you really saw this on a YT video, I'd suggest you work on building more reliable subscriptions to videos on there.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I bought an apple computer when they were still good like 2 decades ago.

I was manic at the time, so I just went in there and like, told the guy to sell me the "best" Apple he had. I spent more time picking out the finish and the carrying case than the machine itself.... The guy probably was like, "That is the easiest commission I ever made."

I also had one in college.... The apple II e? The things I remember most about it was how easy it was to kill floppy disks (but my college computer dudes were pretty helpful with that) and I was able to make my trashcan raise its lid, and I stuck Oscar the grouch in there and he would pop up and sing his little song. It made trashing stuff so much fun....

I think this HAS to be a spoof video though, I mean everyone can't buy Juul there will be no Juul left.

Although if Juul wants to SURVIVE this may be a smart move. Apple has gotten so over (uselessly) designed, the FDA may not even NOTICE the nic in it.

Anna

Reactions: susieqz

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    If that's true, I won't accept Juul 2 with less than a completely useless OLED display, a connection port which any other gadget uses, access to send and receive iMessages in a way anybody does, a lot of iTunes apps anyone cares about, and a miserable battery which won't live till the end of the day, forcing us to buy an external battery for something around the price of the gadget itself.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I would only believe this if Steve Jobs himself announces and introduces it!!!;)

pic.jpg

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well, if there is anyone who both should and should not be in some type of apple suspended animation, it's probably Jobs.

I mean, you talk to his employees on the one hand and he was a bit Mussolini like, but then again, if he were around Apple might suck less.

And I'm not saying I want Apple products (I really don't) I do think it would make Microsoft sit up and compete. My newest laptop isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, let me put it that way.

However, maybe since technology will be the end of everything, maybe it's just good that all other tech firms can be lazy.

I mean come ON. Like who are we competing with, Lenovo? Those used to be state of the art, I almost purchased one at Best buy when my monitor died for like 350 bucks. Then I got an external monitor instead because it was cheaper.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread