Did I get a bad bunch of single punched XL Boge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I have no problem getting a hit from my double punched LR standard size Boge cartos with 40/60.

I bought some single 2mm hole LR XLs and the are way harder to get a pull from. Even with higher PG juice.

Is it an ongoing issue with XL or the 2mm hole or just a bad batch that were stuffed too hard or ???

Thanks

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Honestly, it could be anything.

You are going from a two-hole to a single-hole carto if I read that right, true? Wouldn't you think you'd get a better draw from a 2 hole? I mean a cartotank works on a vacuum/negative pressure scheme. Going from a 2 hole to a single is going to be like turning the faucet part way off in your sink.

How dense the polyfill is in a carto can affect the draw. The polyfill material in a carto can vary from carto to carto, brand to brand. Yeah, quality control in China sucks. We've come to accept this as a part of vaping. We spent up to $6 or more a day on cigarettes, so what's $2 on a carto? I've gotten a 5 pack of cartos that were all good cartos, but I've also had batches that 3 out of 5 were bad right from the get go. So yes, you may have gotten a bad batch.

I see no reason why the length of carto would make any difference. I will say that I only use single coil cartos. My experience with dual coils is that they will begin to taste burnt on the second or third day of use; probably because of wicking issues and the top coil burning the polyfill.

So, having said all that, I still love my cartotanks. When set up correctly they give a much better vape than a clearomizer: better flavor and more consistancy. Not one juice delivery device is perfect and works every single time, no matter what you are using, be it a clearo, cartotank, or RBA.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Thanks for the reply.

a 2mm hole is much larger tha 2 1 mm holes so I'd think it would be a much easier draw.
I have some single 1mm punched Boge that have an easier draw than these.
I'm afraid you might be right about a bad batch. I bought 4 boxes dammit.
I'll try one from each box before deciding what to return.
What a PITA

Honestly, it could be anything.

You are going from a two-hole to a single-hole carto if I read that right, true? Wouldn't you think you'd get a better draw from a 2 hole? I mean a cartotank works on a vacuum/negative pressure scheme. Going from a 2 hole to a single is going to be like turning the faucet part way off in your sink.

How dense the polyfill is in a carto can affect the draw. The polyfill material in a carto can vary from carto to carto, brand to brand. Yeah, quality control in China sucks. We've come to accept this as a part of vaping. We spent up to $6 or more a day on cigarettes, so what's $2 on a carto? I've gotten a 5 pack of cartos that were all good cartos, but I've also had batches that 3 out of 5 were bad right from the get go. So yes, you may have gotten a bad batch.

I see no reason why the length of carto would make any difference. I will say that I only use single coil cartos. My experience with dual coils is that they will begin to taste burnt on the second or third day of use; probably because of wicking issues and the top coil burning the polyfill.

So, having said all that, I still love my cartotanks. When set up correctly they give a much better vape than a clearomizer: better flavor and more consistancy. Not one juice delivery device is perfect and works every single time, no matter what you are using, be it a clearo, cartotank, or RBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread