Did I ruin my ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
Hello, and thanks in advance for any help. I recently was given some nice new 30ml dark glass bottles to store my juice. So tonight I rinsed them with hot tap water, shook them out pretty well and sat them upside down to dry. I meant to let them dry overnight, but didn't. I got distracted by the kids, and when I went back to the kitchen, I filled them with my favorite juice's. They shouldn't have been too wet, but I'm sure their was some moisture remaining inside. Did I ruin my entire juice collection or will it be ok? I'm completely bummed out not knowing. I've been vaping for around a month and am not up to speed on this issue!

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
No you didn't ruin your juice. You can add water to thicker juices to help them wick better so surely the little bit of moisture in the bottles won't kill it. Worst case it might weaken flavor or nic level if there was enough water.
Thanks for the reply, I tried to find this topic but didn't have much luck. I'm sure it was very little and your post is very reassuring. Thanks again!

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
Naw, you okay. Won't even notice the water. I mix my own and reuse juice bottles, some times they are not dry, use a paper towel to pick up last bit of water, but sometimes can't. It's all good. You are all good to go.
Thanks dice57, appreciate you're input. I didn't want to throw out my stash, it's good to know I don't have to.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Thanks dice57, appreciate you're input. I didn't want to throw out my stash, it's good to know I don't have to.

Tis always a pleasure to help. All juice have water in them anyways. The major make up of PG, VG, and extracts is water. The water may oxidize the color of the juice a tad over time, but this will in no way impact the flavor or quality of the vape. Especially just a few drops in a 30-50 ml bottle. Distilled water would be best if using it to thin a juice. Large amounts of tap water , 10% range large, with it's contaminants could impact the flavor of your juice. Some will use vodka or everclear to thin juices too.

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
It actually depends on how hard your water is. Juice isn't thinned with tap water, it's thinned with distilled water. You may not have "ruined" the juice but depending on how much tap water was in the bottle, you may find a bit of a funky mineral taste to it.
CJ, It couldn't have been much. Definitely not heavily saturated, but maybe a small drop or two tops! I'm in St.Louis and the water is pretty good, as far as tap water goes. Thanks for the info, and I'll pay attention to the taste closely.

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
Just so you know- a lot of vendors add water to their juices. Especially if they are high in VG. It helps to thin out the juice so it wont gunk up your coils. so I definitely do not think you did any harm to your juice collection by adding a bit of water. You may even find that you like it more!!
Thanks Amberina! I'm definitely feeling more confident about my mishap. I didn't have a clue as far as the repercussions went. With so much collective feedback, I will sleep much easier tonight. Thanks again!

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    When I wash bottles I pour a 1/2 shot of everclear in a shot glass and use an eye dropper to put in the wet bottles water and everclear mix then dump and reuse in all the bottles they dry in a few min and everclear will kill anything left in the bottles like germs just put in shake dump into next bottle then put upside down on paper towel to dry

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread