Did my first little PIF yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
Did you ever do a PIF (pay it forward) if you never have you should, It gives you that warm fussy feeling inside.

While at my nieces graduation party, my aunt was there and she is a smoker with very bad copd and bordering emphysema. She saw me vaping and asked me if it was working for me and I proudly announced that it was my 2 month mark of no ciggs. I let her use my mvp 2.0 and she was alittle confused by the button at first. and also the flavor I had. (a combo of cinnabomb and caramel)

So I reached into my little purse with my spare ce4 (emergancy clearo) and a 650 mah battery I bought back in 2010 I filled the clearo with "The Virus" (because that's the bottle I had with me) and I said here take this, use it for the rest of the day and take it home with you. You wont be able to charge it but it should last the rest of the night into tomorrow.(I wish I had brought one of my extra chargers) But It will get your foot in the door. I gave her the address to the nearest vape store to her house, ( a well known one at that :) ) and wrote down some info for her to show to the workers there.

I'm really hoping she take that nice ride to the B&M store and gets hooked up. I know what I gave her isn't the best of equipment, but it did get me off the smokes and I'm hoping it will do the same for her.

Thank you for listening :)

Janusxvii

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
That's awesome! I hope it works out for for your aunt. I've done PIF (or as I like to call it "vapevangelism") a few times, though not as much as I would like to. It's always a debate for me as to what to give a smoker. On one hand an ego battery with a good tobacco juice in a good clearo makes sense though the size could initially be a turn off for some. Though you could do an njoy king or similar cigalike for a closest approximation to smoking for a lower cost but the overall quality is quite a bit less. My inclination is to go with the cigalike but make sure they know that there is plenty out there that is much better unless I know that the person in question is cool with new technology.

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
I did also have my 1300 mah battery as well, Yea I had everything except for the extra charger. that is in my vape case. (little purse can only hold so much gear..lol) She did prefer the 650 size battery. I did tell here that there are auto batteries out there. She isn't on the internet so she will have to go to a B&M. I live 2 hours from her so I can't get to her quick when she does go to the B&M. So I'm hoping that the guys will guide her in the right direction,

I did tell her that when the battery dies or if she runs out of the juice that I gave her, Go and get that cigalike at the convenience store. and just puff on it. I also told her it IS ok to both smoke and vape at the same time, It takes time to switch over. and if she needs to hold that PV in her hand 24/7 then so be it. It will be better than puffing on the stinky stick... :)

I was happy to hear when she told me her Dr. wants to see her vaping rather than smoking, She's tried everything under the sun to quit. and being a nervous person, Nicotine is what helps her, and he knows that, and he is on board with her switching to vaping.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
PIF is an awesome feeling :) I was lucky enough to win one of the contests on ECF recently. My former "smoking buddy" at work has watched my transformation from smoker to vaper over the past few months, and has even tried some of my gear - especially when I have one of those "you gotta try this" flavors. So, with the prize, I was able to set him and his wife up each with a battery, some clearos, and a few bottles of juice. I still notice that he disappears downstairs occasionally, but when he's on a multi-hour conference call, I know he's taking the occasional puff from a PV.

Unfortunately, his PV took a dive, and he hasn't been able to replace it yet, so he's borrowing my spare VV3 that I have at the office....

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I've PIFed cigalikes to clients from a local vendor. Don't think I turned any though unfortunately. Got my IT director vaping at least some of the time. His wife isn't pleased with smoking in the house, so he vapes there. My sister is like a charity case of mine. She's still a poor student and just under the legal smoking age. No credit card for shopping online, so it's actually easier for her to hand a friend cash for a pack of cigarettes. Nothing worked to stop her, and our mother tried it all. That included sending her to spend a summer with my other sister halfway across the country, away from her friends. She went right back to smoking when she came back. My mother got her an ego set up for Christmas, and when her gear got stolen and her juice ran out, I started sending her gear and juice I was no longer using. She's currently vaping with my old Petal MVP 2 and a truckload of clearos since I moved on from them. She should be set for a while. I may send her some more Aspire ET-S clearos, as those are her favorites.

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
Won a J Wrap on Vapeon.tv last nite,my time winning anything ever and I'm 58. I pif'ed. Not the same but a good feeling.First person I ever saw with an e-cig was my 75 yr old Mom 5 months ago.The next day after reading some reviews I ordered a started Kit from Smokelessimage. It work for me.Later I brouhgt a Started Kit 60% of discount code from Vapor4Life I wan't to try manual batteries and was quite impressed.Have moved on to 2nd gen but tried to give my Vapor4Life kit to her with a pack of prefilled cartos but she won't give up her green smoke with 1 battery

Last edited:

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
The guy my daughter is seeing is, like my daughter and me, an ex-smoker. He wanted something to use when he is out and about with friends who still smoke - he was either bumming a cigarette or using a gas station disposable. When we got our Evods in March, we bumped my daughter's cigalike equipment - batteries, chargers, extra cartos, etc. - to him. A couple of weeks ago, he hold my daughter that his Grandpa saw his ecig, and was interested - Grandpa wants to quit smoking. We got the boyfriend an Evod starter kit, and he bumped the cigalike setup to Grandpa, along with a couple of tobacco eliquids that my daughter and I ordered for Grandpa to try. So far, Grandpa likes it, and Grandma is thrilled at the prospect of not having to smell cigarettes around the house or Grandpa, so she is very much on board. The boyfriend loves the Evod. Win-Win for everybody so far. I told my daughter to make sure her boyfriend knows that he or Grandpa can contact me any time if they have questions or problems (I'm retired, and available all day).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread