Did someone say LANYARD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
So I have a flashlight that had an end cap similar to the chuck but the threads were not the same. It had a lanyard on it. The part the lanyard slips through was press fitted into the cap. I pulled it out and drilled a same size hole through the Chuck end cap and stuck it in there. It's a very tight fit but I put a drop of super glue on the inside to make sure it's permanent. And here it is...

lanyard.jpg

lanyard2.jpg

Last edited:

beecee

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Valley of the Sunstroke
So I have a flashlight that had an end cap similar to the chuck but the threads were not the same. It had a lanyard on it. The part the lanyard slips through was press fitted into the cap. I pulled it out and drilled a same size hole through the Chuck end cap and stuck it in there. It's a very tight fit but I put a drop of super glue on the inside to make sure it's permanent. And here it is...

Very cool! That should keep it with you without issue :)

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
I imagine some people don't want to, or don't have the tools to, drill their Chuck (I'd guess Jeff is one of the former?). How long is the threading on the end cap? Could you put a lanyard on a thin ring (like a keychain type ring) and put it over the threads then just screw the endcap in as far as it would go? That way there'd be no permenant alteration to the Chucks.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Looking at the picture made me think....has anyone tried using the lanyards that they make for cell phones? They are plentiful and cheap?!
Just a thought.....;)
Funny, I was just looking at the ones for digital cameras. I was also looking at Ditty Bags which led me to Granite Gear's Air Cell Blocks and Air Pockets. The small Air Pocket is 5"x7", clear nylon (so the Chuck's design can be seen and admired) and has a loop for hooking it onto things.

Shelbeethehmmrgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Belle, West Virginia, United States
I think the weak point is the clip. make sure to use a heavier clip and you would be OK the clip I am using is not as sturdy bends when I put more pressure on it than the chuck would cause. This also allows you to still stand your Chuck up right as well. This is my Green Flame Little Chuck done as well.
IMG00079-20100306-1757.jpg

IMG00081-20100306-1759.jpg

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate

Shelbeethehmmrgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
They do look better than my key rings but I had those around the house. I have been wearing my Big chuck on the lanyard all night did dishes with it made dinner and all my normal tasks and it is holding up well. So I would safely say this setup is sturdy enough for everyday usage.

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
In the correct diameter that looks PERFECT!

Oh and Drozd, quit changing your avatar! I can't keep up with avatar changes!
lol..sorry I like changing my avatar pics...I'll slow it down for you though..

They do look better than my key rings but I had those around the house. I have been wearing my Big chuck on the lanyard all night did dishes with it made dinner and all my normal tasks and it is holding up well. So I would safely say this setup is sturdy enough for everyday usage.
Well yeah I wouldn't go rushing out to order that alone..but it's a great place to get batteries from..and spacers for charging cr123 batteries in some chargers..so it's kinda a something to look at while you're on that site kinda thing...

Shelbeethehmmrgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Ah but Shelbee, when your Chuck is swinging from your lanyard it's cushioned when it hits your chest! What happens when a swinging Chuck hits my rock hard pecs?!?! :)

Prolly will dent the damn thing!

Well if I could see your rock hard pecks I can made a detrimation as to whether this method would work for you or not................................. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread