Did you read Morandir's Blog Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
"Big tobacco" is the US government. I'm not sure what the exact numbers are, but the manufacturers of cigarettes keep very little of the profit. Most of it goes to Uncle Sam in the form of taxes. It's just another regulated product. Regulation always = taxation. The only reason cigarettes are still on the market at all is because of the money. No one cares about your health - not when it's up against money. They knew over 100 years ago about the dangers of the chemicals and addiction, but the good ol' FDA left them on the shelves. If they really wanted to be helpful, NO ONE on here would be having this discussion. Instead, we'd be laughing and talking about the people that used to PURPOSELY inhale smoke 100 years ago and wonder why someone would do such a thing.

E-cigs are a BIG threat to all of this - they know it and we know it. Unfortunately, regulation is their only control. And as I said, regulation = taxation. It's coming folks, and it's not just about menthol. That may just be the ice breaker they use for it all. It's all about just sliding in, nice and slow, and then incremental controls afterwords. If there is money to be made, you better bet your last dollar that the government's going to be all over it. No one is going to take money from the cig pool.

I always hate to be the doom and gloom on these subjects, but it is what it is.

EDIT: Oh, and glad to see you back, BHam! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread