Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombenhagel

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Nowhere
Hi all,

I am looking for a good, straight tobacco eliquid flavor similar to Marlboro.

I had some Dekang MLB from heavens-gifts which I have to say was OK.

In trying to recreate that (see below), I decided to look up their site.

Here is what I found, on their certifications page. SGS is a Swiss registrar/3rd party auditor, I believe.

Base link: Changning Dekang Biotechnology Co., Ltd.

tobacco flavor: http://www.yndekang.com/Images/zs8d.jpg

Here's my 1st attempt at it, just before I looked up Dekang, based on prior research here...

1ml 26mg/ml unflavored nic juice
5 drops
Perfumer's Apprentice tobacco absolute dilute (1 drop TA : 2ml juice)
2 drops my vanilla SNUS juice (1 Mellow SNUS packet in a shot glass covered with PG for 24 hours. Squeezed and remaining liquid refined thru a natural coffee filter. Put a real vanilla bean in the small SNUS juice bottle.)

2 drops vegetable glycerin
1 drop
ethyl maltol
1 drop
Perfumer's Apprentice tobacco flavor.

It's got an OK flavor, but tastes different than a Marb. I think it was better before I added the PA tobacco flavor, or I need a larger recipe for the one drop...

All right, my question:

Look at some of those chemicals Dekang are using. What is 3-methylcyclopentane-1,2-dione??? It doesn't sound like anything available to put in your average DIY, does it?

How to recreate their juice? Some of the other HG-branded stuff has the ingredients printed on the label.

Any info from the veterans would be nice. Thanks for reading. I hope to hear from anyone with an interest in making the Dekang MLB recipe... :matrix:

Stephaniems

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
IUPAC name : 3-methylcyclopentane-1,2-dione You have to look at the page carefully.

seriously I have no clue but I would say try a drop or 2 of caramel.

odor type : caramellic
odor strength : medium ,
recommend smelling in a 10.00 % solution or less
odor description:
at 10.00 % in dipropylene glycol. sweet caramel maple sugar coffee woody
Luebke, William tgsc, (1986)
odor sample from : Pure Synthetics, Inc.
odor description:
CaramelIic, maple, sweet, burnt, coffee, bready nuances
Mosciano, Gerard P&F 17, No. 4, 33, (1992)
taste description:
at 5.00 ppm. Sweet, maple, bready, caramellic with nutty nuances
Mosciano, Gerard P&F 17, No. 4, 33, (1992)
substantivity : 16 Hour(s)

Stephaniems

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
Googled it lol cause I wanted to know what it was cause I vape the heck outta dekang MLB. Dekang is cheap but I guess you are DIY'ing for fun?

As far as I can find you can only buy it from China alibaba, I've never bought from there don't even know if its possible. Other places will only sell it for research purposes.

I would try a close substitute.

Last edited:

Bombenhagel

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Nowhere
LOL so you know what I am talking about...

I don't think it tasted bad and may order some more.

I DIY because I am curious about how things must be... Mainly interested in clove flavors, but you need a good tobacco base. So that's where I am at. If I could make up batches of MLB and maybe some flue cured for dirt cheap, well that would also be really great!

Bombenhagel

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Nowhere
Ah huh...

Maybe I'll have to check it out, but until then, check this out...

I don't have any caramel, but I have some PA Bavarian Creme. I added the tiniest little bit and it seemed to clean up the flavor... Awesome tip. Thanks.

But wait! There's more!

I am the kind of artist who never knows when to stop painting. Sometimes for the good, and then sometimes...

I just like messin' with stuff, so I added to that mix about 0.5ml of a chocolate kretek mix I was working on along with about 5 drops VG. Now it is really smoky and vaping well. I started out looking for something and found something else.

Having fun vaping in the wee wee hours... :p

Bombenhagel

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Nowhere
Sorry to ask but is it worth to recreate a Dekang juice? It is so cheap that it probably costs more.

Well, you're probably correct. As I said, I am looking for a good tobacco base that I can make in any quantity to use in my DIY clove blends.

This was just tonight's experiment. I have been pretty busy gathering info in a personal database using EssentialPIM. I still need that recipe... It's getting closer.

Do you know anything I might try?

portguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Portugal
All i can say is that i looked for a tobacco juice for too long. Only to find out that i didn't like whatever i vaped. I tried almost every tobacco juice available. I also didn't like Dekang's.

However there is one that i find to be very good (appart from TV tobacco) and pretty much is the only tobacco juice i vape now and then: it came with trog's screwdriver and at the time it tasted 1000 better than Dekang. It's all tobacco juices from bestecig , particularly the flue cured.

Bombenhagel

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Nowhere
Hey Zelphie,

Is it anything like THIS?
Tobacco Flavour(6 flavors) [Flavoring] - $2.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

It appears that this is concentrated tobacco flavoring only, direct from China and in all the name brand flavors made popular by BOGE (DeKang).

Indeed, I am a cheapskate, although price in this case is only of minor importance to me. If there are two places with identical product, naturally we choose the cheaper one. That's what I am doing now, I guess...

This is the one you recommended, right? (random backlink for cignot)
Joye liquid

20ml seems an odd size configuration by comparison, but what do I know? The $12.00 breaks down to $3/5ml which isn't bad if shipping isn't much more than that (FREE, whaddya know), but otherwise, the street value of most similar prefab juices out there is around $5/10ml, so it's like the 20ml config lets them squeeze you for another buck every time you buy 10ml only you can't get squeezed for just a dollar; they lock you into getting screwed for 2!!!

(pants like Mel G.)

Since they are getting such awesome reviews and shipping for free, your link may actually be where I order from next. I was only kidding before... :2c:

I can always jack up the nicotine to 26-28mg/ml which is where I have found myself really feeling euphoria lately, and I can fluff it up with VG for the vapor... All for $12 bucks delivered...

What's the big deal about Joye brand liquid I wonder? Just the flavor being close to real, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread