Difference between Riva 510 atty's and Joye 510 atty's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacolypse

Jul 5, 2011
USA
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if there was an actual difference between the Riva 510 atty's and the Joye 510 atty's that Eastmall sells.

From my personal experience I have come to the conclusion that the Riva atty's are just complete junk. Half are DOA and the other half usually last only a few days before they die. I have noticed this with both the atty's that come with the starter kits(I'm on my 5th kit already), and the 5 packs of Riva branded atty's. The Joye 510 atty's are the only ones I can get to last a few weeks. Sometimes there are DOA's as well, but generally once I break one in, they tend to last a lot longer than the RIVA's.

I am asking this because I just received my last order from Eastmall this week. I ordered the Joye 510 atty's which are $29.50 per 5 pack, and was instead given a 5 pack of the Rivas. I immediately emailed Selina about this and she informed me that Eastmall hasn't had any of the Joye atty's in a long time and that's why I received the Riva's. She also told me that the old Riva atty's were indeed having issues and these new ones should be fine. I asked her if that is the case then why are they advertised as two separate atty's on the site at two different prices. I also asked if that is the case then why was I not credited for the $7 difference in price. I have not received any correspondence since.

Well I have tried the RIva atty's and it seems like the same product I had problems with in the past. First one was DOA, second one vaped for about 2 hours then died, I'm on my third and it seems ok for now but I am fearing the worst.

I have never had any issues with Eastmall in the past. Actually I've had nothing but great customer service and that is why I keep coming back. But I feel deceived that I was sold a product that I wasn't expecting in a bait and switch method. If they don't actually sell the Joye atty's anymore shouldn't they remove that link considering they cost a full 33% more than the Rivas?

Anyone have any input on these atty's and this situation?

Paco

FadenQ

Oct 13, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I was looking for a thread related to 510 attys earlier but didn't see this one. So yes, I've got a pretty bad batch of LR 510 attys myself. Since I always (not always always, but recent always) buy LR I have no experience with the attys you get when clicking on the link you are describing. I always thought that is normal resistance attys, and they were always a bit more expensive on the Eastmall site. I've never actually seen Riva printed on any atty I bought from Eastmall. Did you get LR attys?

onionpants

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Hi pacolypse. The last batch of attys I received from Eastmall were completely useless. Not a single one of them was usable and the quality was so poor that some of the attys did not even fit the cartridges properly. I also received a Riva battery with a cheap rubber button that did not work properly. I had ordered from them in the past with no issues, but after that last experience I do not deal with Eastmall anymore as it is apparent that their products are very poorly made. Health Cabin is much more reliable and has a much better selection. Heaven's Gifts is also ok. The prices are comparable and you get your order just as fast. Bottom line, don't order from Eastmall. They are too big a risk and there are much better options available.

pacolypse

Jul 5, 2011
USA
FadenQ- No the atty's I bought were regular 510's, not LR. Even the LR I bought in my last order are pretty useless. Out of 12 attys I received only 2 have worked half way decent. On top of that they sold me 3 bottles of eliquid that were obviously mislabeled. Whatever it is is disgusting.

I have been with eastmall for over 2 years now. I am sad to see the quality of the product degrade so much. I will give them one last chance to fix these issues otherwise I will go somewhere else.

Onion- thanks for the headsup. I will check out the other shops you recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread