Differences between 501 and 808D Cartomizers (beside the threading)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambition

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Australia
not much really.
I believe they hold just a tiny fraction more juice, like maybe 2 or 3 drops.

The biggest difference you'll find is between boge low resistance cartos vs standard resistance ones.
They vape much hotter and should be used only on something at 3.7volts but with bigger battery life like an eGo as they kill the drain the batteries much faster

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
No. Not when you are talking the boge. There are many times I put the 808s up on a pedestal but boge 510s and 808s are pretty much the same. The 808 threading allows for more juice but on a standard carto, it makes little difference. On a bigger cart with ego threads, obviously you lose a lot of space to accommodate for the ego skirt threading. I've had less 808s be bad from boge but they aren't as popular so they aren't churning them out as fast.
Now the echos, there is a world of difference between the 808 and 510 version, so I can't say that as long as it's made by the same manufacturer it will be the same. But with the Boge's, they are pretty similar.

jakerock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Brooklyn, NY`
Thanks all.
I am really new to this game.

My favorite cart so far has been the BOGE (3ohm) on an 808 battery or passthru. I just got a maxi roughstack (3.7 batt) and want to try and get the same or better vape out of it. I probably will still have use for the 808 batteries so it would be pretty handy if I put an adapter on one or the other and use the same model of carts on both.

Unfortunately I am waiting for delivery of adapters and an assortment of 510 carts, so I havent been able to try out the new mod yet.

Thanks again...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread