DigiFlavor Espresso 22 Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
I've searched on here, googled, youtubed, there just isn't a ton of info on these and very little in the form of reviews/thoughts from forum members.

They have them on the cheap for sale on a number of sites right now and they're top airflow so I'm hoping nearly leak-proof.

Anyone use these?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I haven't tried one, but if they are wandering toward the clearance sections, that tells you two things 1) they may have been discontinued or will be and/or b) they haven't been great sellers. That may or may not mean they aren't the greatest thing of all time, OR they may be perfect for you, so if you order one and like it, you may want to consider backups at that point.

Best of luck, and I hope you like one if you get one, and do report back :)

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I saw the word "Genesis style" in the description and cringed. :unsure:

The tank and liquid reservoir is below the coil assembly, so its not a gravity fed tank like the more popular and modern Kayfun style RTA. The wicks are extremely long so the juice has a long way to travel to get to the heating coil, and depending upon the thickness of your e-liquid used or if you are a chain vaper, it could wick slowly and lead to dry hits.

I don't have fond memories of my Genny style tanks. It's a poor and outdated design and probably why those tanks are on clearance and why mine are in a shoe box in a drawer.

Espresso22-two-coils-available.jpg

Last edited:

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
I haven't tried one, but if they are wandering toward the clearance sections, that tells you two things 1) they may have been discontinued or will be and/or b) they haven't been great sellers. That may or may not mean they aren't the greatest thing of all time, OR they may be perfect for you, so if you order one and like it, you may want to consider backups at that point.

Best of luck, and I hope you like one if you get one, and do report back :)

Anna
Yeah, same I was thinking as to the clearance prices on a few sites lol. I guess these are close to rebuild-able too, they can definitely be/are meant to be re-wicked and I know a week ago I said I wasn't going to jump into that stuff yet, but at 12 bucks and 22mm with top air flow, these look about perfect to try.

I'll definitely give my thoughts on it once they come in.

Reactions: stols001

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
I saw the word "Genesis style" in the description and cringed. :unsure:

The tank and liquid reservoir is below the coil assembly, so its not a gravity fed tank like the more popular and modern Kayfun style RTA. The wicks are extremely long, and depending upon the thickness of your e-liquid used or if you are a chain vaper it could wick slowly and lead to dry hits.

I don't have fond memories of Genny style tanks. It's a poor and outdated design and probably why those tanks are on clearance.

Espresso22-two-coils-available.jpg
Hmm... now I'm nervous lol. Maybe I'll hold off til I can find the Vaporesso Veco One's in 2ml or I'll take your suggestion on the Uwell Crown's. You said you haven't experienced any leaking with those, right? And avoid the Crown 2's and the Crown 3's you're not sure on?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll take your suggestion on the Uwell Crown's. You said you haven't experienced any leaking with those, right? And avoid the Crown 2's and the Crown 3's you're not sure on?
No leaking with 5 Crown tanks (I use multiple tanks for different flavors). The oldest tanks haven't leaked in over 3 years of use. Never had to replace an o-ring.

• The original Crown had nearly all positive reviews.
  • The Crown 2 was a total bust. I can't recall seeing any favorable reviews.
  • The Crown 3 and Valarian tanks have had mixed reviews. You can check You Tube and posts here on ECF.

Uwell got it right with the original Crown. Sometimes its not worth trying to fix something that's not broke. ;)

Last edited:
  • Useful

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
No leaking with 5 Crown tanks (I use multiple tanks for different flavors). The oldest tanks haven't leaked in over 3 years of use. Never had to replace an o-ring.

• The original Crown had nearly all positive reviews.
  • The Crown 2 was a total bust. I can't recall seeing any favorable reviews.
  • The Crown 3 and Valarian tanks have had mixed reviews. You can check You Tube and posts here on ECF.

Uwell got it right with the original Crown. Sometimes its not worth trying to fix something that's not broke. ;)
What heads do these use? Are they proprietary, or can I find them almost anywhere? And iirc you said a couple of yours were mini's and worked well, as well, right?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yeah, the last two I purchased were Mini's a couple of weeks ago. Same coils. Same vape.

The coils are propietary for the Original Crown by Uwell. I don't believe you can use the coils for the other Crown models.

Although technically the Crown is a sub-ohm tank, the Crown 1 offers 1.2 ohm coils for those who do not sub-ohm. Each resistance has specific wattage range recommended. Coils available are:
  • 0.15 ohm Dual Ni200 Nickel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 400 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit
  • 0.25 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 80 to 120W
  • 0.5 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 30 to 80W
  • 1.2 ohm Single Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Coil - 10 to 30W
Uwell-Crown-Edit-7.png

I've used all the coils offered except for the 1.2 ohm, but I did purchase a pack of those to try at some later date. I prefer the 0.5 ohm vaping at 30 watts. That's just a personal preference.

I buy my replacement coil heads from Fast Tech. They're cheaper if you don't mind waiting 2 - 3 weeks for delivery. Just make sure they say "authentic".

If in a rush, I purchase from My Vapor Store in the US. Get them in 3 - 4 days.

Last edited:

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
Yeah, the last two I purchased were Mini's a couple of weeks ago. Same coils. Same vape.

The coils are propietary for the Original Crown by Uwell. I don't believe you can use the coils for the other Crown models.

Although technically the Crown is a sub-ohm tank, the Crown 1 offers 1.2 ohm coils for those who do not sub-ohm. Each resistance has specific wattage range recommended. Coils available are:
  • 0.15 ohm Dual Ni200 Nickel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 400 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit
  • 0.25 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 80 to 120W
  • 0.5 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 30 to 80W
  • 1.2 ohm Single Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Coil - 10 to 30W
Uwell-Crown-Edit-7.png

I've used all the coils offered except for the 1.2 ohm, but I did purchase a pack of those to try at a later date. I prefer the 0.5 ohm vaping at 30 watts. That's just a personal preference.

I buy my replacement coil heads from Fast Tech. They're cheaper if you don't mind waiting 2 - 3 weeks for delivery. Just make sure they say "authentic".

If in a rush, I purchase from My Vapor Store in the US. Get them in 3 - 4 days.

Well I took the plunge and went with your recommendation. Looking forward to this and some other stuff coming in soon. As of right now the only thing I have is one Melo Mini III and I'm on my last coil. This tank kind of sucks and there's something wrong with it or the coil because it gets way too warm, especially if I keep the airflow near shut. It wasn't the mod, it's most definitely the tank or the coil and eventually it gets so hot it transfers to the Eleaf itself, so until I get a new tank in I can only vape it a handful of times over a minute or two to prevent it from getting warm and then eventually pretty much hot.

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
My Crowns can feel "pretty warm" to touch if I'm chain vaping. To me, "hot" is when I can't touch it comfortably for 30 seconds.

I have 4 Melo 111 tanks, which i use on my Eleaf Istick Pico 75's. I vape quite a lot but not heavy on the watts, usually around 20watts. None of mine get hot.
I have two original crowns which i vape at around 25-30watts, one stays quite cool while the other one gets very hot.
This tank pretty much gets legitimately hot, I'm kind of downplaying it to make myself feel better about using it til the new ones come in haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread