Digiflavor Etna 18mm RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I'm eyeballing this little rda for flavor testing my juices. Has anyone here had experience with it? Designed in Italy by Giuseppe Pappalardo
Newest-vape-tank-Digiflavor-ETNA-MTL-RDA-22mm-diameter-single-coil-rda-atomizer-for-nova-mod.jpg

ETNA - Digiflavor

Digiflavor ETNA 18mm BF MTL RDA | MTL RDA – VaporDNA

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm eyeballing this little rda for flavor testing my juices. Has anyone here had experience with it? Designed in Italy by Giuseppe Pappalardo
Newest-vape-tank-Digiflavor-ETNA-MTL-RDA-22mm-diameter-single-coil-rda-atomizer-for-nova-mod.jpg

ETNA - Digiflavor

Digiflavor ETNA 18mm BF MTL RDA | MTL RDA – VaporDNA
I've a got a few of those --- running two on squonkers at the moment. For dripping I prefer the berserker RDA as it has a bigger juice well and is more conducive to dripping with the removable top-piece. But, as a flavor tester, the Etna would be just fine.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I've a got a few of those --- running two on squonkers at the moment. For dripping I prefer the berserker RDA as it has a bigger juice well and is more conducive to dripping with the removable top-piece. But, as a flavor tester, the Etna would be just fine.
Does the outer ring come off easier than the berserker RDA? I’ve got to use a vape wrench on the thing if I want to rewick.

Reactions: stols001

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Does the outer ring come off easier than the berserker RDA? I’ve got to use a vape wrench on the thing if I want to rewick.
I had one with damaged orings that was concerningly difficult to get apart (it was really jammed together), but after I got it apart and put on fresh orings and lubed them up it was firm but not difficult. Don't recall if I had issues with any of my berserkers (most are clones), but if I did, fresh orings must have solved it since they all operate easily now.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I had one with damaged orings that was concerningly difficult to get apart (it was really jammed together), but after I got it apart and put on fresh orings and lubed them up it was firm but not difficult. Don't recall if I had issues with any of my berserkers (most are clones), but if I did, fresh orings must have solved it since they all operate easily now.
Noted. I’ll check my o-rings

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
I got one a few days ago and it's a huge mess. Airflow sounds like a jet turbine and even the slightest oversquonk results in a gurgling mess that can only be fixed by tearing it completely down and rinsing out the airflow inserts. I've seen this thing recommended left and right by a ton of people so maybe I just got a dud. I can't imagine what I could be doing wrong if not.

• Optimistic

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I got one a few days ago and it's a huge mess. Airflow sounds like a jet turbine and even the slightest oversquonk results in a gurgling mess that can only be fixed by tearing it completely down and rinsing out the airflow inserts. I've seen this thing recommended left and right by a ton of people so maybe I just got a dud. I can't imagine what I could be doing wrong if not.

Odd, I find mine very quiet (I use the two-hole air block). As for over-squonking, I've done it a couple times with the Etna, but it was always easily fixed with a bit of paper towel or tissue twisted up and stuck in the air-flow port to soak it up ... never even removed the outer shell / topcap.

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
Odd, I find mine very quiet (I use the two-hole air block). As for over-squonking, I've done it a couple times with the Etna, but it was always easily fixed with a bit of paper towel or tissue twisted up and stuck in the air-flow port to soak it up ... never even removed the outer shell / topcap.

Yeah I tried that but it never helped at all. I feel like maybe there is an air leak somewhere between the airflow pin and the inserts that's letting air and juice in is my only guess. Even with the smallest insert it seems like the draw is way too loose.

• Optimistic

Cooperant

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2018
I like the Etna. It's very flavorful, has a super compact chamber (the airflow insert reduces the chamber size quite a bit) and very smooth airflow. The two- and three hole inserts will not let juice leak out quickly (or at all when left undisturbed) when you over drip or squonk.

Cons for me are also the small chamber size. That together with a very tight fit of the top cap make this dripper less suitable for dripping. You could drip through the drip tip. These are fairly narrow, so you'll often end up with juice on the lips that way.

The price point is reasonable for the quality of the construction and the finishing.

One important thing to note: these do not come with a beauty ring. Digiflavor reconsidered on this accessory and never communicated anything. It upset me because it will only look good on tiny mods this way.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
One important thing to note: these do not come with a beauty ring. Digiflavor reconsidered on this accessory and never communicated anything. It upset me because it will only look good on tiny mods this way.
I heard some people didn't get beauty rings, but I got them with all of mine (five) ... but they only bring it from 18mm to 20mm, and they are just a tinted semi-transparent, cheap plastic ring (not much beauty to be had there, I don't use mine).

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    has anyone ever gotten the alternate air flow inserts? 3Fvape lists them, but sold out (never had them I think). No other site lists them AFAIK. I'm interested because they are slightly more open.
    I ordered them from Geek Vape (Digiflavor), however when I got them they were not the larger airflow set.
    They were just replacements of the original sizes.
    Ended up drilling out the single hole insert to get a restricted DL.
    Replacement airflow hole for ETNA RDA - Others - Parts & Accessories Geek Vape Online Store

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread