Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Curious to know the watts you're using on DMP, I'm at 1inch of ni80 mesh ohms out at 0.13 at this low I'm getting a good 4 second inhal at 45watts, which does seem low watts for the build but works well.
I’m using SS mesh, ohm at .1, and vaping at 46 watts on my pico Squeeze 2.
I have the preheat set to 50 watts for 1.3 seconds for a little boost and I probably take 2-3 second pulls. So I’ve come to the same conclusion as you. You get a nice flavorful hit in the 45-50 watt range. I have the DMP closed down almost all the way. I like a restricted hit and this is a very airy rda. I like the Profile a smidge better because it’s a little tighter with the airflow. Having said that they are both great, flavorful, rda’s that are a cinch to coil and wick.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Curious to know the watts you're using on DMP, I'm at 1inch of ni80 mesh ohms out at 0.13 at this low I'm getting a good 4 second inhal at 45watts, which does seem low watts for the build but works well.

I have 6 authentic DMP's (and 3 knock offs), have SS mesh .12Ω-.15Ω builds in them and depending on the joose/mod used currently DLH them at 55W-80W.

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
I have 6 authentic DMP's (and 3 knock offs), have SS mesh .12Ω-.15Ω builds in them and depending on the joose/mod used currently DLH them at 55W-80W.
It does seem theres a wide margin for watts with mesh which I like, I see your preferred mesh is SS is that for a slower ramp up as to ni80, Haven't found the right wick yet between cotton bacon or Japanese pads, your preferred.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
It does seem theres a wide margin for watts with mesh which I like, I see your preferred mesh is SS is that for a slower ramp up as to ni80, Haven't found the right wick yet between cotton bacon or Japanese pads, your preferred.

I switched from KA1/Ni80 to SS316L wire for all my atty coils years ago. For cotton wicking I switched from Koh Gen Do to CBV2 two and a half plus years ago to make my pulled and rolled wicks for the coil atty's I've ran since then... and in the DMP's now (I also use it in my VV Mesh RDA's). I do use both KA1 and SS mesh with CBV2 in my Profile Mesh RDA's. But my favorite wicking of all time is 3mm & 4mm RxW. I just haven't got around to trying it in the DMP's yet, but it is on the 'to do list' next time I need to rewick one of them (I don't fix things that are not broke IOW). I will probably also switch to RxW in the Profiles too if the DMP's like it.

rxw.png

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
I switched from KA1/Ni80 to SS316L wire for all my atty coils years ago. For cotton wicking I switched from Koh Gen Do to CBV2 two and a half plus years ago to make my pulled and rolled wicks for the coil atty's I've ran since then... and in the DMP's now (I also use it in my VV Mesh RDA's). I do use both KA1 and SS mesh with CBV2 in my Profile Mesh RDA's. But my favorite wicking of all time is 3mm & 4mm RxW. I just haven't got around to trying it in the DMP's yet, but it is on the 'to do list' next time I need to rewick one of them (I don't fix things that are not broke IOW). I will probably also switch to RxW in the Profiles too if the DMP's like it.

View attachment 792237
I remember a few years back trying to order RxW to UK, Could never get the ... stuff? US protected, Wondering how bunch of lengths would work with gap's using mesh, You must try?☺️

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
View attachment 793339 Picked up a D's top fire sqounk today for the DMP, Fantastic, quite nictout at the moment, Spydro if you have had the Defiant Design DS will the blue DMP match.

My DS's are the original Dripttech DS's from 528, not those that DD came out with after 528 faulted on that first run. But I don't have a blue one. Internet pictures being what they are the blue color of those from 528 and those that DD put out didn't look the same to me. Below is the first run blue DS from 528, and I copied and pasted yours to compare to it.

Driptech-ds.jpg DD-DS.jpg

To give you an idea of the actual color of a blue DMP... they do match my blue Dovpo Topside quite well.

pl8s.jpg

My 528 purple DT-DS and the purple Goon 1.5 I started out with matched perfectly. But I was even more pleased that the purple Profile Mesh RDA I have on it now also matches perfectly. A crappy picture but you'll get the idea (I was trying to use a camera I haven't used since 2006 in the wee hours of the night).

DT-DS-6sb.jpg Image1.jpg

The black on black DS was a cake walk.

Attachments

• pl8.jpg
    pl8.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 15
  • pl8s.jpg
    pl8s.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 13
  • pl8s.jpg
    pl8s.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: SCOTT-3

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Much appreciate your time on blue matching, it's that odd blues' just don't look right, I will probably take a chance and buy before there gone.

I agree that blue mods are hard to match. I originally bought my first blue DMP to put it on a blue Segelei Fuchai Sqounk mod. They looked close from the pictures online, but in reality are blues from two different worlds far, far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread