Digiflavor Pharoah RTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
That's pretty much exactly what it's like. you'll notice the better flavor atomizers have chamber shapes similar to that of the combustion chamber of engines. while the ones that aren't as good on flavor are similar to the shape of the old "pre-hemi" engines.

I'll try it on my next build, i'll go a bit smaller and run a 3MM ID Coil and do 1 wrap less and raise it up a bit and see what happens
Also if I can add something. Trim the wick so it reaches the bottom of the juice channel and don't do the "v" cut on them either. 3mm ID coil is ideal for me because I feel that 3.5mm ID to be too much cotton for those channels.

I don't chain vape or vape at high wattage. I have a 3mm ID dual 26 core with 36 wrap, ohms at 0.25ohms, 50-60 watts but temp controlled at 450F. Never had an issue with wicking as of yet. Also I leave the JFC wide open at night with 60vg juice and no signs of leaks in the morning.

Reactions: Eskie

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Thats just your opinion! Mine do all that just fine. I run a big Clapton coil @ 100 watts
I can chain vape the whole tank! Mine don't leak!
You also don't have the gold one. As far as i can tell only 2 people have the gold one (me being one of them) and both have the same issue

Just like the exo thread, a few people had issues with jumping resistance. I didn't claim they were doing it wrong and then question their knowledge. Instead after several discussion we found out there was a bad batch of black exo RTAs. hasn't had an issue since. There could very well be an issue specific to the gold version hence the reason I just ordered a black one as well. The issue is if everyone had your "holier then thou" attitude, nothing would ever get solved.

Reactions: Gallant

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Also if I can add something. Trim the wick so it reaches the bottom of the juice channel and don't do the "v" cut on them either. 3mm ID coil is ideal for me because I feel that 3.5mm ID to be too much cotton for those channels.

I don't chain vape or vape at high wattage. I have a 3mm ID dual 26 core with 36 wrap, ohms at 0.25ohms, 50-60 watts but temp controlled at 450F. Never had an issue with wicking as of yet. Also I leave the JFC wide open at night with 60vg juice and no signs of leaks in the morning.
Been there. i wicked it 8 different ways with the normal deck and 4 with the dual coil postless deck. never found a good balance. i'm leaning towards mine is defective or the gold one's have issues. I'll know more when the black one arrives next week i just ordered

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Been there. i wicked it 8 different ways with the normal deck and 4 with the dual coil postless deck. never found a good balance. i'm leaning towards mine is defective or the gold one's have issues. I'll know more when the black one arrives next week i just ordered
Does it leak while over night when you wick it the "dry hit city" method?

I'm asking because if it does leak, you might have a bad O ring. If it doesn't, changes are the O rings are fine as it is holding vacuum in the tank. Hope that makes sense.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Does it leak while over night when you wick it the "dry hit city" method?

I'm asking because if it does leak, you might have a bad O ring. If it doesn't, changes are the O rings are fine as it is holding vacuum in the tank. Hope that makes sense.
I don't remember it leaking really but that was like a month ago. I've washed the tank several times over. changed all the orings, used all the spare sets and still nothing. I spent way too much time getting this to wick right and not leak. and i pretty much nail every RTA i get the 1st time lol.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
I don't remember it leaking really but that was like a month ago. I've washed the tank several times over. changed all the orings, used all the spare sets and still nothing. I spent way too much time getting this to wick right and not leak. and i pretty much nail every RTA i get the 1st time lol.
Not sure if this has been asked or mentioned before. When you have your tank fully assembled on a mod, wiggle the top of the tank by holding the drip tip. Does it wiggle?
When I disassembled my clone base to sand it down. I noticed that there is an o ring between the black AFC base and the silver base that the chimney/tank screws on to.
If that O ring is bad you might get some seeping or leaking from the AFC. It could seep down between the removable deck and the silver base that the chimney screws down too.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Not sure if this has been asked or mentioned before. When you have your tank fully assembled on a mod, wiggle the top of the tank by holding the drip tip. Does it wiggle?
When I disassembled my clone base to sand it down. I noticed that there is an o ring between the black AFC base and the silver base that the chimney/tank screws on to.
If that O ring is bad you might get some seeping or leaking from the AFC. It could seep down between the removable deck and the silver base that the chimney screws down too.
I'll give that a try tonight

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Yup it wiggles between the bottom part and the AFC and I can see juice in it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
So update. black one arrived yesterday. Wicked it normally (like my video but without the angle cut) no leaks and wicking good enough for no dry hits. Seems like the vaporlock and leak issues was caused by a manufacturing defect. So i'll need to make an update video and i'll see if i can fix the gold one. If i can i'll make a video on how to. If not i can try and warranty it i guess lol. Doubt it'll get me anywhere though

Reactions: Gallant

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So update. black one arrived yesterday. Wicked it normally (like my video but without the angle cut) no leaks and wicking good enough for no dry hits. Seems like the vaporlock and leak issues was caused by a manufacturing defect. So i'll need to make an update video and i'll see if i can fix the gold one. If i can i'll make a video on how to. If not i can try and warranty it i guess lol. Doubt it'll get me anywhere though

That's awesome for the exception of having to buy a 2nd one because the first didn't work. Now you got good parts to start swapping and see where the issue is

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
That's awesome for the exception of having to buy a 2nd one because the first didn't work. Now you got good parts to start swapping and see where the issue is
.... happens lol. I buy a lot of stuff and with china QC it's bound to happen. I've had a few duds on my for sure this year. last year i was pretty lucky. only 2 mods with issues and both taken care of quickly (funny enough 1 of my 8 hohmtech mods and 1 of my then 5 DNA mods) none of my cheap china mods gave me any issues last year. this year has been quite a few. I'm just glad i have one that doesn't leak now and wicks great because i really love the build deck and flavor on it. It's in consideration for my top 5 RTA list now when I update it. I also got 2 more new tanks yesterday (green kylin rta and matte gun metal supreme v2) so far they are contenders as well. i'll probably do my update in july so i'll know for sure by then. It's going to be tough as hell to pick 5 lol

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
So My Pharaoh that the press fit threads came loose on, & had to be pressed back in, is now not reading the resistance consistently :(
This sucks cause every once & awhile my residence goes out of wack:(
It jumps up about .06 & I get Temp protection warning on my screen!
If I unscrew it & screw it back the resistance goes from .14 to .20 :(
If I except the new too high resistance it will burn my cotton.
It's obvious to me the loose press fit threads aren't making a perfect ground all the time.

If Digiflavor is reading this, Please make available a replacement base! So I don't have to buy a whole new Pharaoh! Thanks

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So My Pharaoh that the press fit threads came loose on, & had to be pressed back in, is now not reading the resistance consistently :(
This sucks cause every once & awhile my residence goes out of wack:(
It jumps up about .06 & I get Temp protection warning on my screen!
If I unscrew it & screw it back the resistance goes from .14 to .20 :(
If I except the new too high resistance it will burn my cotton.
It's obvious to me the loose press fit threads aren't making a perfect ground all the time.

If Digiflavor is reading this, Please make available a replacement base! So I don't have to buy a whole new Pharaoh! Thanks

You're talking about the actual base, not the decks? Maybe Digiflavor will replace it if you contact them and explain the press fit failed. Never hurts to ask.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
You're talking about the actual base, not the decks? Maybe Digiflavor will replace it if you contact them and explain the press fit failed. Never hurts to ask.

I tried to post a message on their site yesterday & it wouldn't work:( Maybe I will try again.
Yes just the base, The contact between the threads & the base (press fitted together) Is now a weakness in the - connection :( The DNA always finds a weakness in the connection :(
For TC to work Good! there needs to be a solid + & - connection thru from the 510 all the way to the coil :)
But you all ready knew that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread