Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Couldn't resist ha? :D

Come on. You already know about my utter lack of impulse control. I was just gun shy watching RIP's wicking method. Reading I don't have to do something that bizarre to wick it made it seem more reasonable. That and I like the different deck choices. I really hope those interchangeable decks don't result in leaking problems.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Come on. You already know about my utter lack of impulse control. I was just gun shy watching RIP's wicking method. Reading I don't have to do something that bizarre to wick it made it seem more reasonable. That and I like the different deck choices. I really hope those interchangeable decks don't result in leaking problems.
I'll be looking forward to your opinion when you get it.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'll be looking forward to your opinion when you get it.

Scheduled for delivery tomorrow, which makes no sense as I just got plain old USPS shipping and it's coming from WA state, but no complaints on my part if it lands that soon. With that big single coil deck I've got to give some real thought on what to put in there.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A Big SS Clapton :) I have a triple core 3X24 wrapped in 32 just waiting, for mine to arrive :)
Not my style of vaping, but hey I'l try it :)

Yup, I have some fused Clapton that will probably do the job. I have to check and see if I have a 4 mm screwdriver, as I only have mandrels for my coil jug up to 3.5 mm, not 4. Although I guess the 3.5 will be sufficient.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Ok got mine built 28g*2/32g Clapton 6 wraps 4mm I.d. .91 ohms 70vg 30pg @Huckleberried Golden Oreo Cheesecake. Wicked it like @TrollDragon (rayon) cut length to base tucked bottom half of wick in channel about less than 1/4 wick left cut to posts. It's wicking well, blurp blurp after each vape, no leaks. This requires a lot of wick. Tried fully open af on bottom, open top airflow a little same flavor but airier draw. Closed off af on bottom, fully open top, very quiet, tighter draw about the same flavor. Nice thick vapor. So far so good. Will report back after I've used for a while.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Oh, update. Mine is now due for arrival tomorrow. Which is good as the mod I chose specially for it is arriving today. Which means now I have two days of vape mail!!:D:banana:

I have some batteries and wraps arriving sometime this week too, but it's hard to get excited about that.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I found one in Canada in stock :) They have SS & Black in stock also #2 & #4 decks:)
I ordered a SS one with an extra #2 deck, I would have preferred #1 deck, but out of stock :(
# 2 looks good to :)
It's only a few provinces away so hoping it comes before Friday or sooner :)
I'm going to keep the FT order to, But their saying no shipping till the 10TH :(
Needless to say it was more money here in Canada, But it will be worth it if it's here by Friday :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm waiting to have it in hand to decide on additional decks. I'm sure I'll end up with at least the velocity deck as well as the single it comes with, but I figured I'd play around with what I have before deciding on any others. And while saving a few dollars is always nice, getting it quickly to fulfill the immediate gratification thing is sorta worth it.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I got the dual coil deck right away because, I'm not sure I will like the Big SS single coil.
I'm all about the TC & SS in TC, well hasn't worked the best for me in the past.
So If I don't like the Single SS coil, I can put in dual Ti coils :)
IMO the #1 deck, straight up Velocity style looks the best! The #2 deck is similar.
The #4 deck looks like there is no room for wicking?
Plus It didn't cost any more for shipping :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I got the dual coil deck right away because, I'm not sure I will like the Big SS single coil.
I'm all about the TC & SS in TC, well hasn't worked the best for me in the past.
So If I don't like the Single SS coil, I can put in dual Ti coils :)
IMO the #1 deck, straight up Velocity style looks the best! The #2 deck is similar.
The #4 deck looks like there is no room for wicking?
Plus It didn't cost any more for shipping :)

I'm SS TC also. I have dual Claptons on all my Engines and Crius+. What board do you use for TC? I've found SS on the DNA boards has been the most successful. Others will handle it, but not as well. I got this specifically for my black frame Therion. If a single fused Clapton doesn't do it, I'll assume the dual Velocity will. I wonder how different the wicking will be between the decks.

Vaperx

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2016
I found one in Canada in stock :) They have SS & Black in stock also #2 & #4 decks:)
I ordered a SS one with an extra #2 deck, I would have preferred #1 deck, but out of stock :(
# 2 looks good to :)
It's only a few provinces away so hoping it comes before Friday or sooner :)
I'm going to keep the FT order to, But their saying no shipping till the 10TH :(
Needless to say it was more money here in Canada, But it will be worth it if it's here by Friday :)

Mine from China will be here this week. Where in Canada for the decks?

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I'm SS TC also. I have dual Claptons on all my Engines and Crius+. What board do you use for TC? I've found SS on the DNA boards has been the most successful. Others will handle it, but not as well. I got this specifically for my black frame Therion. If a single fused Clapton doesn't do it, I'll assume the dual Velocity will. I wonder how different the wicking will be between the decks.

I use DNA's & Yihi boards :) Maybe I should rephrase what I said, I don't like SS in TC as much as Ti.
The SS Clapton I have ready for the new tank, is new to me, I know for sure dual Ti coils work great for me, so the #2 deck was just a back up plain. Who knows maybe I will like the SS Clapton better?
As for the wicking with dual coils, you have 4 wick tails in the juice as opposed to 2, so logic should say 4 tails will wick better than 2. But that may not ring true.

Mine from China will be here this week. Where in Canada for the decks?

Digitalimports, today they had #2 & #4 in stock. 1&3 sold out, who's buying #3? it all ready comes with a single coil deck.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I've actually never worked with Ti. I went straight from Kanthal to SS for TC and was sold. And especially after those Evolv firmware updates from the fall (?) 316L behaves beautifully for me.

I wonder if digitalimports ships to the US? I'll have to check that out. If I can avoid that endless FT snail mail I'll take it. I haven't seen any US vendors with decks available yet, but maybe it will happen in the next month or so as the tank rolls out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread