Digiflavor Pharoah RTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah with the warranty and artwork the mod I want will be $340. It will be worth it.
I've seen this guys artwork and it looks amazing . When I get around to building a box I'm gonna have him to mine
7ab383884e4830aa8589054f2660cbd5.jpg
b87edad56639ffb26b87ef8f4d515158.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I've been vaping on mine for a week now. SS version from MVS and I just ordered a 2nd from VapeNW. I started hunting around for the gold one but I think I'll just get it from VapeNW since I can confirm they are coming in and it's in the US. FT and a couple of the other china sites have jacked the prices way up so it isn't even worth the wait for the tank. Last I looked FT wanted $50 for the gold version and that is a min of 2 weeks on shipping so meh to that.

FYI, the tank rocks. My roommate has all my old sub tanks now and I will be mainly using these puppies. It is like everything I have ever hated about most tanks have been addressed with this one. I suspect the market will be slowly flooding with them soon.
For Fasttech using coupon code "map" brings the price for the black one down to $28.41. Might be a few $ more for the gold one.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So it finally arrived today. Looks nice, machining is good, and feels very solid. I like the extension option too. Not using it yet, but I can see it as useful at some point.

Put a 2X28 fused Clapton in 3.5 mm ID 7 wrap, came in about 0.55 ohm. Fine with me. Geez this thing needs a ton of cotton. First wick I thought was enough and it wasn't (I've learned on these tanks to build them, fill them, leave them with the jfc open after a few unpowered draws and stick it on a tank stand for a while, not a mod), went back, rewicked and all's well.

My initial impression is lots of air, lots of cloud. Flavor is OK but nothing to write home about. I'll give it some time and get used to it. I probably have to play around with the airflow more to see what works best for me. I know this was never billed as a great flavor tank, but I was hoping for a little more. I might just need more metal mass in there with a dual coil to really make it work for me. Maybe.

Overall a good impression, but it needs a little more flavor to make me happy.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
So it finally arrived today. Looks nice, machining is good, and feels very solid. I like the extension option too. Not using it yet, but I can see it as useful at some point.

Put a 2X28 fused Clapton in 3.5 mm ID 7 wrap, came in about 0.55 ohm. Fine with me. Geez this thing needs a ton of cotton. First wick I thought was enough and it wasn't (I've learned on these tanks to build them, fill them, leave them with the jfc open after a few unpowered draws and stick it on a tank stand for a while, not a mod), went back, rewicked and all's well.

My initial impression is lots of air, lots of cloud. Flavor is OK but nothing to write home about. I'll give it some time and get used to it. I probably have to play around with the airflow more to see what works best for me. I know this was never billed as a great flavor tank, but I was hoping for a little more. I might just need more metal mass in there with a dual coil to really make it work for me. Maybe.

Nice summary :) So I know your only running a single coil, and a Supreme is predominately a dual coil atty. But how does it compare to the Supreme In your option? I'm assuming you have a Supreme? If not never mind :)

Mine should be here Friday & I can do my own comparison to my favourite tank now, a Supreme :)

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Turn the top AFC off and start working the bottom AFC, then the flavor will jump way up. I quit using the top AFC unless I need to fog a room out.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Turn the top AFC off and start working the bottom AFC, then the flavor will jump way up. I quit using the top AFC unless I need to fog a room out.

I haven't opened it yet and I can still fog out a room. Have it turned down about halfway on the bottom and it seems to be growing on me. Maybe this much cotton takes a little longer to break in than I'm used to.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I haven't opened it yet and I can still fog out a room. Have it turned down about halfway on the bottom and it seems to be growing on me. Maybe this much cotton takes a little longer to break in than I'm used to.
I'm using rayon & I'm having the same experience. Flavor is improving after the first tankful.

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Vape a tank and report back sir, I think you'll be half way in love with it on the next refill. I'm thinking the top AFC may work better for other decks but I haven't got there yet to test out other builds.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Nice summary :) So I know your only running a single coil, and a Supreme is predominately a dual coil atty. But how does it compare to the Supreme In your option? I'm assuming you have a Supreme? If not never mind :)

Mine should be here Friday & I can do my own comparison to my favourite tank now, a Supreme :)

Sorry, no Supreme here. When I found the Boreas disappointing (don't throw things at me) I started avoiding those big tank designs. I do think it's the large amount of cotton that's muting things. I have a feeling as a dual coil it probably comes into its own. I will say the single coil clamp deck is nicely done. You can certainly put some monster coils in there and held in place quite well. The screws are also nicely done.

Overall, fit and finish is really really good on a $30 tank. I have the black and like the look. And it is growing on me as I get through the first tank, so I'm hardly tossing in the bin.

Vaperx

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2016
My buddy got one in Canada here for like $55. I paid $36 CDN I think. Might have it Friday but for sure early next week. I saw it in person today for the first time and yes it is a very nice quality tank. Very nice screws and the the overall quality is top notch. Can't wait to have mine now lol. Yeah he said after the first tank flav got much better.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You guys are starting to scare the hell out of me. Well atleast I have all the decks for it coming too so I'm sure I can find one good one.

It's actually perking up after this first tank. I think my Engines still have better flavor, but this does grow on you. Besides, single coil is kinda nice on less battery and juice consumption (I am in TC as well with it). It is a bulky and heavy sucker. This is on my Therion. Seems a little imbalanced and might be better on my Triade.
Therion 167 Pharoah.jpg

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
It's actually perking up after this first tank. I think my Engines still have better flavor, but this does grow on you. Besides, single coil is kinda nice on less battery and juice consumption (I am in TC as well with it). It is a bulky and heavy sucker. This is on my Therion. Seems a little imbalanced and might be better on my Triade.
View attachment 646855
Looks real nice!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Looks real nice!

The flare out from the base isn't as bad as I though it might be. I think the black color helps mask it. If I stick the extension on this thing it's going to be awfully tall.

I'll continue to say it is a nicely machined tank. Threads are all nice and smooth. Jfc is straightforward and I can now work it without changing the airflow. The bottom airflow ring also has very soft stops on it so it won't change on you without your doing it. It's my first Digiflavor tank, and I like their attention to detail like that. It does feel like a more expensive tank than it is.

Oh, and nice goody bag too. Lots of replacement o rings and screws.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So, day 2. Stayed dry all night with the jfc open. Another night of no leaking on the stand at it can have sleepover rights on a mod.

Flavor is better. I'm pretty sure dual coils will be the way to go on this. That or some sort of super transgalactic Alien with a 4.5 mm ID.;)

I'm definitely getting at least the Velocity deck for it. Then look over the others and see what else might be fun to play with.

It does seem to drink juice even with only a single coil. I filled it out of a unicorn bottle, so not sure the total volume without the extension, so I hate to draw a conclusion without actually measuring with a syringe. I'm using bottom only air about halfway closed and I'm still fogging things up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread