Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
There's a new Gennie style rta with top fill and bottom airflow called the Siren GTA (Genesis tank Atomizer) that is designed for the mouth to lung vaper.

Digiflavor | Siren GTA&MTL

I love the wicking method that has notches in the build deck for the wick to be threaded through (very similar to the Theorem and the Limitless) which makes it extremely simple to wick. It looks like it is designed for single coil builds.
digiflavor-siren-gta-and-mtl-chamber-picture-000.jpg

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I was hoping to find a Phil Busardo review, but he hasn't done one. Hopefully, that will happen soon. The build looks very simple and like it would be good for new builders like me.
Only concern I'd have for new builders is getting the coil size right. Too small and the wick will allow it to flood, too big and it will short out on the chamber cover.

Paul M

Feb 3, 2010
Hobbs NM
I saw a video review on this tank that was pretty impressive. I would love to know if anyone here on ECF has tried it.
I just got the Siren in 22mm yesterday. My first build I used a 3mm 8 wrap 28 gauge kanthal build. I believe I combed the cotton out too much as when I filled it the juice just poured out. Tore it apart and stuffed the coil with cotton bacon. This time I didn't comb it out. No leaks. It vapes good and is easy to build although I would say it is at the looser end of MTL vaping. Comparing it to the Merlin Mini with a 2mm restrictor installed and the Siren's air ring set to smallest diameter opening it is on par airflow wise but just slightly less flavorful. The Merlin comes with a 1.5 restrictor so if tight draw is what you are after it might be a better choice. It does have a relatively large chamber and next time I will try a 3.5 or 4 mm coil and see if that helps with flavor. I know it will help in getting more cotton through the wicking channels. The Merlin Mini has outstanding flavor though so I don't mean to imply that the Siren doesn't, because it is still very good. It also holds 4ml vs mini's 2ml. It comes with 2 drip tips and I find the white tip delrin tip to be the most comfortable for MTL, but they do include a wider bore, shorter black delrin tip if that's your thing. The top cap is finely threaded and is a bit fiddly to reinstall. I am cautiously optimistic at this point about this RTA but I do need some more time with it to really be sure.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Only concern I'd have for new builders is getting the coil size right. Too small and the wick will allow it to flood, too big and it will short out on the chamber cover.

I've been trying to find the link to the video review I saw because I think he addressed the coil size, but I can't find it and I don't remember the reviewer's name, but he spoke with a British accent.

Paul M

Feb 3, 2010
Hobbs NM
I really didn't hear him discuss the size of the coils much except to say it does need smaller coils. I thought he had addressed coil size at greater length.
He is reviewing the 25mm and I can't speak to the chamber size on that model as it is a glass chamber like the Augvape Alleria has. The 22mm is a metal chamber and I can't say for sure yet but I believe there is plenty of room for a 4mm coil. There is definitely enough room between terminals. The "oil film" gizmo that Digiflavor claims make this RTA "leak-proof" does not apply to my DIY 50/50 juice. It might work with thicker viscosity juice but at 50/50 you will have to rely on proper wicking or you will have a puddle like I did.

Paul M

Feb 3, 2010
Hobbs NM
He used a 2.5mm coil, I think I'd have gone 3mm to get a bit more wick, but his worked.
I'm just guessing, but perhaps the chamber is smaller on the 25mm version to make up for the thickness of the glass chamber and that maybe led to smaller wicking channels. Or he might just be using thicker juice. On the 22mm version you are definitely better off going bigger on the coil diameter. I don't think I could have stuffed enough cotton in a 2.5mm coil to prevent leaking on this model.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Im somewhat inyerested in this tank, alsp the merlin. Im a single coil guy, lung hits. I have been using the flash e-vapor for years and would like to find another great tank.

They say MTL, usually 3mm is plenty for lung hits, this goes to 4, how is the restriction through the atty?

Does it whistle, how noisy is it?

Last edited:

Paul M

Feb 3, 2010
Hobbs NM
Im somewhat inyerested in this tank, alsp the merlin. Im a single coil guy, lung hits. I have been using the flash e-vapor for years and would like to find another great tank. MTL, usually 3mm is plenty for lung hits, this goes to 4, how is the restriction through the atty?

Does it whistle, how noisy is it?
I have not yet tried this RTA with what Digiflavor calls the "oil film" removed to see how much restriction it presents. With it installed and the air flow ring set to the largest hole it could be used for a very restricted lung hit. With the "oil film" installed and
the air flow ring set to either the smallest setting or the largest setting there is no whistle. When it is set to either of the 2 middle settings it does whistle with the worst setting being the next to largest. I did confirm that a 4mm coil is no problem to fit in the chamber but it did not seem to help with flavor. I am going to remove the "oil film" next time I rebuild it to see how it effects air flow and flavor. Hope this helps you.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I have not yet tried this RTA with what Digiflavor calls the "oil film" removed to see how much restriction it presents. With it installed and the air flow ring set to the largest hole it could be used for a very restricted lung hit. With the "oil film" installed and
the air flow ring set to either the smallest setting or the largest setting there is no whistle. When it is set to either of the 2 middle settings it does whistle with the worst setting being the next to largest. I did confirm that a 4mm coil is no problem to fit in the chamber but it did not seem to help with flavor. I am going to remove the "oil film" next time I rebuild it to see how it effects air flow and flavor. Hope this helps you.

Cool, yeah that thing definately restricts big time. Looks like maybe a 4mm air hole with the shower head removed which would provide plenty of air for 40w+ lung hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread