Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I'm considering ordering one. I loved my Theorem but stopped using it because I kept breaking the glass when it was time to re-wick (and the stainless leaked).

A couple of questions: I prefer a more open MTL. How does this compare to a K5? I keep the k5 in it's most open setting.

Also, how are you folks wicking this thing? When I saw the Pbusardo video, I was astonished at how much cotton he used. When I was on the Theorem (RIP), I took suckmymods advice and kept the tails fairly short....about half way down the side...did not touch bottom. It worked great! Not even close to a dry hit. Every time I vaped the wicks would stay drenched from the tilting.

I love my K5, but I miss the ease of wicking with these new gen Gennys. Not that the K5 is difficult to wick, but this style is even easier.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I'm considering ordering one. I loved my Theorem but stopped using it because I kept breaking the glass when it was time to re-wick (and the stainless leaked).

A couple of questions: I prefer a more open MTL. How does this compare to a K5? I keep the k5 in it's most open setting.

Also, how are you folks wicking this thing? When I saw the Pbusardo video, I was astonished at how much cotton he used. When I was on the Theorem (RIP), I took suckmymods advice and kept the tails fairly short....about half way down the side...did not touch bottom. It worked great! Not even close to a dry hit. Every time I vaped the wicks would stay drenched from the tilting.

I love my K5, but I miss the ease of wicking with these new gen Gennys. Not that the K5 is difficult to wick, but this style is even easier.

I would choose this over the K5, I think the flavor is better, and in the 2 days I've had mine, had zero leaking at all, I got a little seepage from the K5 at times.

I don't use as much cotton as Pbusardo, but need to make sure the holes are packed pretty good, or you would get leaking, I do take the tails all the way to the base, but I also thin them out though, so they are taking away to much juice capacity.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I would choose this over the K5, I think the flavor is better, and in the 2 days I've had mine, had zero leaking at all, I got a little seepage from the K5 at times.

I don't use as much cotton as Pbusardo, but need to make sure the holes are packed pretty good, or you would get leaking, I do take the tails all the way to the base, but I also thin them out though, so they are taking away to much juice capacity.
    Hey bud do you use Rayon or cotton? All I use is Rayon, and hope this will work alright, my tank will be here Thursday.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016

Why did you have to say that!!! Better than the KF5? Since I have the KF5 I was really trying to hold out on a purchase of this....(told myself no new rtas till 2017)..... I guess it's my fault for following this thread..

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
    Jan 6, 2016
    As far as wicking goes I use 3mm I'd coils and use a decent amount of cotton nothing like what the Fuji GTA requires but still a decent amount. Also I have found it works perfectly without having to run your wicks down really at all. When looking into my tank section you cannot see the cotton at all except for the tiniest bit peeking from the barrel. I can vape it practically dry with this method and I feel it wicks better without the long tails.

Compared to the Kayfun 5 I think the kayfun beats it in flavor but not by much and only because of the smaller chamber space. The siren on the other hand I feel wicks more efficiently, Accepts bigger builds, has a wider range of Airflow from a medium restricted lung hit to a fairly tight mtl with the smallest setting halfway open and the Siren is roughly one fifth the price.

No matter which way you slice it I think digiflavor has a really solid atomizer here and for people who like single coil MTLish vapes I cannot recommend this GTA/RTA enough.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 18, 2013
    Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
    Hey bud do you use Rayon or cotton? All I use is Rayon, and hope this will work alright, my tank will be here Thursday.

I use Rayon, wicks just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I guess the best answer to this is I have both the 25mm and 22mm and I am buying another 22mm as we speak.
    Thanks, My 22 just came in the mail 1 day early. Been using the Kayfun 5 with the biggest insert for a while and I'm hoping this is as tight or even tighter with great flavor.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 18, 2013
    Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
    Where are you buying yours from? Somewhere cheaper than eciggity?
    Bought the first two from Eciggity, but have bought from Vape NW in the past and they have always done right by me. So whoever is cheaper...;)

zinc

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2011
    Minnesota
    i can say after building the 25mm today i have had no issues. some tanks take a while to figure out how much cotton to use or a certian size of coil but i used my normal 3mm ni200 and its been rock solid first time. for thirty bucks you really cant go wrong.

now I'm reminiscing about how i used to build SS mesh wicks on the old genesis attys

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread