Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Kat, Looks like I will get my Toyota v1.5 today, according to my tracking #. I placed my FT order on 01/28/17, so if this does get to me tomorrow then it will be the fastest shipment from FT that I have ever received. I'll see how it stacks up to this Siren 25, should be interesting.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm just partial to all things "22". Not sure why. :laugh:

And we can't wait to hear about your Toyota adventures, Five-Two!

hqdefault.jpg

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I've also been checking out this thread;

Cthulhu MTL RTA 24mm *NEW*

Interesting, and a good read. Maybe something that would be more productive to those that haven't found the Siren to their liking.

I have one, didn't even last a week before I gave up on it, I think it is a PITA to work with, as can't adjust airflow or juice control when screwed down on your mod.

Also could never not get it to stop leaking, suggestions was to over fill and old trick of turn upside down when tightening up, nothing worked for.

I don't mind some learning curve to a new atty if the vape is worth it, but to me, the Cthulhu was not worth it.

Fad

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2011
    England
    Genesis types have always been my Kryptonite and have avoided them for years....

although since using Rayon, I`m now beginning to wonder about the Corolla 1.5 myself and if it`s workable
    (for someone with NO patience for fiddling about, at all)

Getting wick into small holes is anathema to me but I`m open to revisiting things.

I like the larger capacity option but worry about liquid slowly leaking out of the fill hole on each tip of the tank ?!

Oh, and why no black plastic replacement top section ?
    (China, not everything must be primary coloured the same way as your cheap kitchen gadgets)

BigBopper

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2010
    Minnesota
    After just thinking about the deck, I recall someone saying earlier (bigBopper maybe) about the whole thing being held together by the press-fit ring on the coil chamber.

This is true and if that ring happens to be loose, as it is with a couple of tanks we`ve heard about - the whole thing could easily potentially separate !

I just had an epiphany as it dawned on me, the seriousness of a loose press-fit ring :blink:

I would dare to guess that some have been made slightly looser than others, the tolerances on those two specific parts are tight and there`s no room for error.

If that ring comes out of the factory too loose - that is certainly a factory fault, it should be tight.
    Change "easily potentially separate" to "easily separate". There is no potentially involved, they will separate. And it will make a mess.

And hopefully be under warranty. I don't think anyone has tested that out yet (the warranty that is).
    I sent Digiflavor a message via their Contact Us page Monday night, but haven't had a response yet.

ian91

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 14, 2013
    Westbank, BC Canada
    The more I work with my 25, the better I like it, and the better I can build for it. With the glass chamber window in the 25, I saw how the juice was getting into the air tube and corrected it, one time it was from the juice dripping from one of the coil legs onto the air reducer (I moved that one leg), and another time it was from juice running from the wick onto the air reducer on one side (I moved that portion of wicking out of the way), then another time it was because I had the coil down too close to the air reducer (I kept moving the coil up until I fixed that problem). I have a very small pen type light that I shine into the chamber window to see what is going on in there, it really helped me out and eliminated a lot of guess work.
    Already having 4 22s, I think I solved any wicking issues prior to getting the 25 so being able to see inside does not really do anything for me. Got the wicking right immediately. I also don't use the air reducer. Instead, I put a grommet from a protank coil into the air hole to reduce the hole to 2.4mm. I do this with all my single coils so that they all vape the same. The one thing that I really like about the 25 is the extra juice that it holds. I tend to chain vape so the extra juice helps. Also, there seems to be no air bubbles trapped in the lower chamber.

ian91

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 14, 2013
    Westbank, BC Canada
    Those "protank grommets" have been invaluable over the years !

I`m using them as the insulator on the Siren`s 510 pins to allow them to sit in a bit deeper ;)
    Yes, you have to be careful of getting rid on some of the old stuff. You never know when it will come in handy. Haven't used a protank for 2.5 years but could never bring myself to get rid of the coils that I had.

Fad

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2011
    England
    I bought silicone ones independently, even though I`m sure there are "quite a few" PT coils in a box somewhere.

They`re tasteless when compared to some of the rubber types I had - I also have used them in airflow inlet/outlet tubes.

Still haven`t found a use for the 300 spare Boge cartos yet though :rolleyes:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015

Interesting, and a good read. Maybe something that would be more productive to those that haven't found the Siren to their liking.

I've been keeping an eye on that one as well. The Siren is my favorite tank, and the one I am stocking up on, but I do like to try others that seem promising.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Well, it's time for me to check in about my New Toyota v1.5. I measured the juice I put in the first build/fill and got 3.4ml/3.5ml (measured) into the tank and let that juice wick up to feed the whole coil/wick, it took several minutes to get done (like 20 minutes to fully saturate the coil wick) using a 7mm wide piece of KGD. I really had to throttle down the power because of the Very Short Metal drip tip, it gets hot very quickly, (unlike on my Siren 25). I'm running 380°F at 11 watts using a NiCr 6 wrap spaced coil on a 3mm Coil Master at 1.14Ω. Tight MTL to restricted DL hits are available, just like the Siren 25. Flavor is on par with each, I mean what can I say, Menthol is Menthol. I'm just barely into my first tank so that's about all I have. Oh, the wicking, almost forgot, I started the wick into the holes by taking a 2.5mm dia. tool and pushing the wick down into the hole just to get it started, then I took my tweezers and pulled the wick down thru the rest of the way from the bottom side and cut to preference, then finished putting the tank together. Very easy. I'll keep in touch with my assessment of the Toyota v1.5 as compared to my Siren 25.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I have one, didn't even last a week before I gave up on it, I think it is a PITA to work with, as can't adjust airflow or juice control when screwed down on your mod.

Also could never not get it to stop leaking, suggestions was to over fill and old trick of turn upside down when tightening up, nothing worked for.

I don't mind some learning curve to a new atty if the vape is worth it, but to me, the Cthulhu was not worth it.

OK. That's 1 :nah: from Nailz. Do I hear 2 :nah::nah:. Going, going....

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Wow !! I really have to pay attention to this setup (Toyota v1.5) or else it burns my lips with that metal drip tip. I'll be looking for something (drip tip) better, I can see that already. I just measured, and the very top (end) of the drip tip is only 15mm above the top of my coil.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I sent Digiflavor a message via their Contact Us page Monday night, but haven't had a response yet.

Please keep us posted on you're progress with that Bopper, we want to see what kind of CS Digiflavor has.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Shameless and minorly large multi-quote to follow, but my replies will most likely be teensy.

I had some interest in that one (the ChuChu) but had really not studied up on it. After Nailz's post, I sort of tossed the idea aside. I believe one of you said it was a 24mm tank?

Kat, Looks like I will get my Toyota v1.5 today, according to my tracking #. I placed my FT order on 01/28/17, so if this does get to me tomorrow then it will be the fastest shipment from FT that I have ever received. I'll see how it stacks up to this Siren 25, should be interesting.

Friday's vape mail is GOOD vape mail! Toyota in hand for the 52. :thumbs:

Hopefully after working with this Siren 25 for a couple of weeks, it won't take me that long to figure out the Toyota, as they look to work very similarly.

I'm not of the opinion that they are TOTALLY dissimilar, but I don't find them terribly much the same, either. Wicking is completely different, as is the vape, the flavor, and performance. I'm reading your experiences with eagerness tho.

Genesis types have always been my Kryptonite and have avoided them for years....

although since using Rayon, I`m now beginning to wonder about the Corolla 1.5 myself and if it`s workable
    (for someone with NO patience for fiddling about, at all)

Getting wick into small holes is anathema to me but I`m open to revisiting things.

I like the larger capacity option but worry about liquid slowly leaking out of the fill hole on each tip of the tank ?!

Oh, and why no black plastic replacement top section ?
    (China, not everything must be primary coloured the same way as your cheap kitchen gadgets)

LOL! Love that last line, Fad!!! I think the Toyota is completely workable with rayon. Is it a pain to get the tiny wick ends down the little holes? Yes, but as 52 pointed out (and in my complete embarrassment for not even recognizing), you can take the tank apart, get the deck wicked, then put the tank back together.

All I can say is ....... D'OH!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

Mine will leak out the side when first filled, if in the horizontal position. I've tested many times after that (when they are not quite so full), and they've been fine and leak free.... even having used them as purse mods!

Still haven`t found a use for the 300 spare Boge cartos yet though :rolleyes:

Ya never know who might be listing (marvelous) karto tanks on the Classifieds one of these days...

Well, it's time for me to check in about my New Toyota v1.5. I measured the juice I put in the first build/fill and got 3.4ml/3.5ml into the tank and let that juice wick up to feed the whole coil/wick, it took several minutes to get done (like 20 minutes to fully saturate the coil wick) using a 7mm wide piece of KGD. I really had to throttle down the power because of the Very Short Metal drip tip, it gets hot very quickly, (unlike on my Siren 25). I'm running 380°F at 11 watts using a NiCr 6 wrap spaced coil on a 3mm Coil Master at 1.14Ω. Tight MTL to restricted DL hits are available, just like the Siren 25. Flavor is on par with each, I mean what can I say, Menthol is Menthol. I'm just barely into my first tank so that's about all I have. Oh, the wicking, almost forgot, I started the wick into the holes by taking a 2.5mm dia. tool and pushing the wick down into the hole just to get it started, then I took my tweezers and pulled the wick down thru the rest of the way from the bottom side and cut to preference, then finished putting the tank together. Very easy. I'll keep in touch with my assessment of the Toyota v1.5 as compared to my Siren 25.

Sounds like the love affair hasn't happened for you. Do keep me/us posted on the upcoming adventures!

Wow !! I really have to pay attention to this setup (Toyota v1.5) or else it burns my lips with that metal drip tip. I'll be looking for something (drip tip) better, I can see that already. I just measured, and the very top (end) of the drip tip is only 15mm above the top of my coil.

Oh wow! I feel for you and your "hot lips"! (again?? ;) ) I rarely use stock drip tips, but I've been an avid drip tip collector, so I normally change out whatever the tank came with. I would suppose a shorty metal wouldn't work well. Yikes!

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    So far, I think this Toyota v1.5 a very viable solution, now that I changed drip tips. I'm like'in it very much Kat.:thumbs: Thanks for turning me onto it. (Gesh Kat, you're multi-quote post is, is, long) :lol:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread