Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
I can`t even be certain the wrong ones I got were the Iwodevape ones they have now, as they were sent in error in a 10 pack of 'generic' ST Mini rings.

The Iwodevape ones were only listed in 2016 and I haven`t bought spare subtank seals in a very long time.

I did have an authentic Kanger pack of 5 which I bought specifically just for the black but I have literally just thrown the Subtank Plus (complete with black o-rings) into the trash along with 99% of the contents of my "box of bits".

(some people would have a total fit if they saw what the latest batch of stuff I just trashed... 7.75 lbs of tanks and spares, I had to weigh it because I couldn`t believe how heavy the bag was hehe)

So, basically I can`t be 100% sure which o-ring it was - I have since picked a random one and it`s not leaking yet after doing a build on the Siren 25.
(the original o-ring was in the pile though after I was comparing them and couldn`t differentiate between them afterwards)

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Was it just between the Subtank Plus & Siren 25 o-rings that you had at the time, or could it have been some other o-ring that got into the mix as well. I mean, if the chances are good it was just the Subtank Plus o-ring, then I will look around and try to price a set to get.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
The more I read here, and the more I think on it.... it really is a bit disappointing for us (as consumers of this marvelous product) to have to work so damm hard to find replacement bits.

(Not that *I* have, and kudos again to 52 and Just for their determination!)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm looking at more options for the 25mm users, as many as possible in fact, since GeekVape/Digiflavor is tasked with "such a difficult chore" ;) in sourcing it's own o-ring replacements. Really ?!?! I mean, look at how these Siren's seem to be Flying Off the shelves, and we have to do searches to find where they are even being stocked, and are much less worried about the price at this point in time, and the Siren has been out for a while now. Did those at Corporate Headquarters assume that the Siren was going to be a flop, so no need for replacements ? I tell ya Kat, the lack of forethought in the vape industry is really surprising to me, in this day and age even. China seems so good at replicating vape paraphernalia of others (clones), so what's the holdup with replicating their own o-rings ? Instead, we are left to "Shade Tree Mechanic" our own workarounds :nah:. Amazing !!

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sorry about that, ya'll didn't tune in to listen to me Rant and Rave about the Siren o-rings. It's an Amazing RTA that people here love to use, I use mine every day in fact. I still have only 1 Siren, due to the fact of the ongoing backup o-ring shortage situation, and that's the only reason I don't have more at this point.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Your "rant" is valuable, and extremely perceptive on your part. You said all the things I was thinking, and abbreviated in my post.

With the popularity of this tank, or any other vape gear for that matter, the onus really should be on the manufacturer and/or retailer to provide the eager public with the necessary bits and bobs. I, too, am getting a bit weary of having vapers do all the work to find parts for our gear.

Rant on.

Rant off.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
Was it just between the Subtank Plus & Siren 25 o-rings that you had at the time, or could it have been some other o-ring that got into the mix as well. I mean, if the chances are good it was just the Subtank Plus o-ring, then I will look around and try to price a set to get.

Yes it was.

I had taken one Siren 25 o-ring out to compare against the square cut rings I had removed
(from the 10 packs of alleged Subtank Mini replacement seal kits (packs of 3 seals))

The thing I can`t be 100% sure about is if they actually WERE the rings for a Subtank Plus as they were sent in error from the factory.

The fact that each pack of three, including the weird fluted top seal and a smaller flat band seal for the lower part of the Subtank body that holds the glass on - would suggest they were actually the Subtank Plus packs.

I must make the disclaimer about not being 100% certain in case they sent me something quite out of this world on that specific occasion.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I can`t even be certain the wrong ones I got were the Iwodevape ones they have now, as they were sent in error in a 10 pack of 'generic' ST Mini rings.

The Iwodevape ones were only listed in 2016 and I haven`t bought spare subtank seals in a very long time.

I did have an authentic Kanger pack of 5 which I bought specifically just for the black but I have literally just thrown the Subtank Plus (complete with black o-rings) into the trash along with 99% of the contents of my "box of bits".

(some people would have a total fit if they saw what the latest batch of stuff I just trashed... 7.75 lbs of tanks and spares, I had to weigh it because I couldn`t believe how heavy the bag was hehe)

So, basically I can`t be 100% sure which o-ring it was - I have since picked a random one and it`s not leaking yet after doing a build on the Siren 25.
(the original o-ring was in the pile though after I was comparing them and couldn`t differentiate between them afterwards)

I, for one, sure would have loved to go picking thru that bag of goodies you had before you trashed it all. That would have been a yard sale of my dreams. Plus, I would have paid you for whatever I picked out to keep.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yes it was.

I had taken one Siren 25 o-ring out to compare against the square cut rings I had removed
(from the 10 packs of alleged Subtank Mini replacement seal kits (packs of 3 seals))

The thing I can`t be 100% sure about is if they actually WERE the rings for a Subtank Plus as they were sent in error from the factory.

The fact that each pack of three, including the weird fluted top seal and a smaller flat band seal for the lower part of the Subtank body that holds the glass on - would suggest they were actually the Subtank Plus packs.

I must make the disclaimer about not being 100% certain in case they sent me something quite out of this world on that specific occasion.

OK then, I'm gonna try to find somewhere that has the "Subtank Plus" o-ring replacement pack, buy it, then let ya'll know what the deal is (whether it fits the 25mm Siren). Off I go hunting :)

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
It`s 7am and I have just dug through the trash to locate the Subtank Plus base :?:

The image you can see shows a Subtank PLUS base with an authentic, right out of the spares bag, Siren 25 base o-ring installed.

Photo_0001.jpg

Therefore the opposite should really apply...logically thinking.

Last edited:

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
I certainly did go a bit overboard with the alcohol gel afterwards I can tell you that !

(Thankfully it hadn`t gone outside and the worst I had to encounter was cat food, apple cores and banana skins...but even so)

OK, I have ordered some Iwodevape Subtank PLUS replacement o-ring packs - so we`ll see how that goes but they will take a while to get here.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I certainly did go a bit overboard with the alcohol gel afterwards I can tell you that !

(Thankfully it hadn`t gone outside and the worst I had to encounter was cat food, apple cores and banana skins...but even so)

OK, I have ordered some Iwodevape Subtank PLUS replacement o-ring packs - so we`ll see how that goes but they will take a while to get here.

The measures some of us vapers go thru :blush: (a light snack wouldn't hurt while working though). Now we're both waiting for vape mail.

dark_hawk

Aug 13, 2016
Hi,

Sorry for the wall of text in advance.

I think I have found the reason the siren leaks or "weeps" the way it does.
A few pages back I've asked for a solution for the Siren 22 nonstop leaking or weeping through the airflow holes ring. Digiflavor Siren GTA

As I've said, I've tried almost all the ideas here, coils with inner diameter of 2.5mm, 3 mm, 3.5mm. I've tried adding extra cotton on the wicking channels, cutting the cotton shoulders so it doesn't get heavy when soaked with liquid and drop on the air diffuser and of course keep the wick away from the diffuser. Nothing worked for me, the first half tank would be fine, and then the weeping starts, and then it weeps in hysteria after the second filling.

I also noticed a few pages back when Jim- said that he owns 7 tanks and 5 of them weeps and the other 2 didn't, that got me thinking what could be the difference in supposedly identical tanks.

Turns out the tank is press fitted after all, here is how I reached that conclusion:
I first unscrewed the 510 gold plated screw, then removed the round insulator. Underneath the screw there is the airflow screw/tube with 2 small notches that can be unscrewed with a flat head screwdriver "make sure the screwdriver is wide enough as to not damage the notches". Then you remove the positive block and the upper insulator.

A photo of the disassembled postive block and top insulator removed:
il7FsjI.jpg

Bottom unscrewed:
qRTNDfq.jpg

Then I grabbed a needle nose plier and caught the build deck from the cotton wicking channels, inserted a thin screwdriver in the biggest airflow hole and gently rotated the build deck. I found out it turns, there are no threads so it does not unscrews, which leads me to say it is press fitted and not screwed to the lower part of the tank like the FUJI Son tank which shares the same design concept of the Siren.
I've tried to pry the build deck out, but it wouldn't budge, and I don't want to damage the only Siren I have.
Here is where I think the tank in Leaking:
O9ManD5.jpg

When I turned the build deck and under a 20X magnifying glass I noticed that there is a slight gap between the build deck and the lower part of the tank "The red arrow". That gap seems to widen or close just a hair when you turn the build deck to a certain position.

My theory is that when vaping on the tank it creates negative pressure inside the tank which tries to escape, having everything tight and wick and coil properly installed, liquid escapes through that rather small seem and into the shaft and through it the airflow ring. Which might explain why the leaking liquid is always small and not full leaking.

To confirm this hypothesis "that it is a press fitted tank" we need a brave soul with more than one tank and is willing to pry the build deck out and "maybe" damaging the tank in the process.

As for solutions, one solution I think might help will be adding an o-ring on that rather small gap.
ADcCiCx.jpg

I think this idea will help with the leaking but it won't prevent it completely as there is nothing holding the o-ring in place.

By the way, you can use one of the silicone o-rings from the spare parts bag that comes with the tank, but be very gentle when getting it past the build deck as not to break it.

The reason I went to such length investigating the reason for this weeping is that I like this tank very much. Since getting it I've retired both my Kayfun V3 and V5. I find that the flavor with certain tobaccos and in general very good, even better than the kayfuns.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi,

Sorry for the wall of text in advance.

I think I have found the reason the siren leaks or "weeps" the way it does.
A few pages back I've asked for a solution for the Siren 22 nonstop leaking or weeping through the airflow holes ring. Digiflavor Siren GTA

As I've said, I've tried almost all the ideas here, coils with inner diameter of 2.5mm, 3 mm, 3.5mm. I've tried adding extra cotton on the wicking channels, cutting the cotton shoulders so it doesn't get heavy when soaked with liquid and drop on the air diffuser and of course keep the wick away from the diffuser. Nothing worked for me, the first half tank would be fine, and then the weeping starts, and then it weeps in hysteria after the second filling.

I also noticed a few pages back when Jim- said that he owns 7 tanks and 5 of them weeps and the other 2 didn't, that got me thinking what could be the difference in supposedly identical tanks.

Turns out the tank is press fitted after all, here is how I reached that conclusion:
I first unscrewed the 510 gold plated screw, then removed the round insulator. Underneath the screw there is the airflow screw/tube with 2 small notches that can be unscrewed with a flat head screwdriver "make sure the screwdriver is wide enough as to not damage the notches". Then you remove the positive block and the upper insulator.

A photo of the disassembled postive block and top insulator removed:
il7FsjI.jpg

Bottom unscrewed:
qRTNDfq.jpg

Then I grabbed a needle nose plier and caught the build deck from the cotton wicking channels, inserted a thin screwdriver in the biggest airflow hole and gently rotated the build deck. I found out it turns, there are no threads so it does not unscrews, which leads me to say it is press fitted and not screwed to the lower part of the tank like the FUJI Son tank which shares the same design concept of the Siren.
I've tried to pry the build deck out, but it wouldn't budge, and I don't want to damage the only Siren I have.
Here is where I think the tank in Leaking:
O9ManD5.jpg

When I turned the build deck and under a 20X magnifying glass I noticed that there is a slight gap between the build deck and the lower part of the tank "The red arrow". That gap seems to widen or close just a hair when you turn the build deck to a certain position.

My theory is that when vaping on the tank it creates negative pressure inside the tank which tries to escape, having everything tight and wick and coil properly installed, liquid escapes through that rather small seem and into the shaft and through it the airflow ring. Which might explain why the leaking liquid is always small and not full leaking.

To confirm this hypothesis "that it is a press fitted tank" we need a brave soul with more than one tank and is willing to pry the build deck out and "maybe" damaging the tank in the process.

As for solutions, one solution I think might help will be adding an o-ring on that rather small gap.
ADcCiCx.jpg

I think this idea will help with the leaking but it won't prevent it completely as there is nothing holding the o-ring in place.

By the way, you can use one of the silicone o-rings from the spare parts bag that comes with the tank, but be very gentle when getting it past the build deck as not to break it.

The reason I went to such length investigating the reason for this weeping is that I like this tank very much. Since getting it I've retired both my Kayfun V3 and V5. I find that the flavor with certain tobaccos and in general very good, even better than the kayfuns.
Very good work. i wish they would stop press fitting. my 1st build on it leaked as well but I'm not sure if it's my fault or the tanks fault yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread