The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Digiflavor Siren GTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by jseah, Oct 12, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JustWondering1

JustWondering1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    Yay to you!! You've gone to a whole lot of work here, Dark Hawk.

I can't even begin to think I could take apart a tank like you have done. That is waaaaay out of my comfort zone. I am very impressed!

Is the o-ring fixing your weeping issue? I've never had a weep I couldn't fix with the extra cotton. I'm so sorry you are having problems.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fad

Fad Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2011
    England
    When I investigated the deck initially I couldn`t see a join (where you have placed the o-ring)

I thought it must have been milled from a single piece - that would explain why some leak if that is a potentially dodgy joint.
    (faulty by poor assembly - invisible by good assembly )

I did try to unscrew the deck apart but didn`t want to go to extremes and ruin a new tank, I will be getting the magnifying glass out later to have a closer look.

I`m not leaking but it`s better to be forewarned and forearmed.

Whether I`ll be able to actually see anything at all is a different matter,
    making coils is half guesswork/half visual - everything is so small these days :yawn:

• Like Like x 4
  3. 52anddone

52anddone Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I too saw that area on my 25mm Siren and put on my magnifiers to get a close look, and came to the conclusion that it must be a 1 piece unit, BUT, there is no reason that manufacturing couldn't have decided to streamline and simplify their process on newer units just to keep up with demand, ya know. Less time machining complex designs means more $$ saved, though I could be wrong on this. In conclusion, we might have 2 differently machined and put together center units out there that folks are buying, and some are leakers, and some are not. That could explain things a bit as to Why this is happening.

• Like Like x 4
  4. 52anddone

Mine weeps very lightly (if everything else has been done correctly with my build that is). As far as press fitting goes, in this case, I wish they would just thread the post and coil platform with real fine threads, and screw the two pieces together. My Merlin has a press fitted base, and it just doesn't weep, it cries, to the point that I won't use it at all.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Fad

Sep 17, 2011
    England
    You can`t put anything past the Chinese factories that`s for sure.

It`s well known they arbitrarily change things without prior, or even post notice.....it`s nothing better than a lucky dip sometimes.

• Like Like x 4
  6. 52anddone

Their Bottom Line comes First, Customer Satisfaction Second, and Sometimes we even get a product that works up to our expectations. In the immortal words of AndriaD;

All atomizer taste like metal

I just Love that quote.:thumbs::wub:

• Like Like x 5
  7. 52anddone

Yeah, I agree with you Fad, BUT, I have to say that the Siren 25 I have, gets used each and every day, I like it that much, wort's and all. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  8. 52anddone

Something else, and I don't remember if anyone has noticed theirs doing the same as mine, but, if I don't touch my airflow adjustment ring at all, then I notice absolutely no weeping at all, and that's thru 5 tank refills and empties so far, but if I move the air adjustment ring from smallest hole to the biggest hole and back again, then I have to wipe the adjustment ring with a Kleenex to clean it up dry again. Anyone else notice this behavior with theirs ? Condensation maybe ? It is sticky though, like ejuice sticky.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Fad

Sep 17, 2011
    England
    There`s a certain amount of liquid condensate/liquid that builds up in the base - I DO feel it when I move the airflow
    (usually after it moving accidentally when filling etc) it`s not much though, more of an annoying amount rather than a disaster.

I`ve found this happens with most all atomisers which utilise the chamber style base with AFC ring - some let it out easier than others ;)

The original old style Subtank base was good at keeping it`s excess juice in, that`s why I liked it and one of the main reasons I used them so long
    (still do although are second to the sirens ATM) - it means overall less wiping with tissues and sticky fingers.

It`s not even leakage - just a gradual build up of condensate that eventually finds it`s way out - I`ve never known a 100% dry base on any device.

The ones which let the juice out least or slowest are preferred here.

A top airflow with condensate running back into the tank would be the answer - I think.

• Like Like x 3
  10. 52anddone

Most all of mine are bottom airflow/air adjustment ring type, and you're right, some are worse than others. My Lemo V2's are back in their boxes because of it, also my Cthulhu V2's (too bad though, as the Cthulhu is THE most effective Nic delivery RTA that I have, and tastes Great also, it's right there with my Magma RDA). My Siren 25 is DRY in comparison. YES, right after a wash it takes about 1 and a half tank fulls before mine starts weeping around the airflow ring (if I move it that is).

• Like Like x 3
  11. 52anddone

I'm trying out a Smok RSST Genesis atomizer (my first Genny) with mesh wick, and it is a very dry (no leaks, seeps, weeping) atomizer. It's a whole different vape compared to the Siren though, but Dry is a nice change for me. I'm using both the RSST and Siren 25 with different juice in each, Arabic Tobacco mix in my RSST and Menthol in my Siren, 1 in each hand :thumbs:. I do have a Toyota 1.5 that I also have my Arabic Tobacco mix in, but it is a top airflow, so it is another dry one, which I like, but I put it aside until I master this RSST with mesh wicking (Old School for sure here).

• Like Like x 4
  12. 52anddone

Night Folks :sleep:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Fad

Sep 17, 2011
    England
    I finally got round to ordering a Corolla - so that will be interesting.

I did try a RSST many, many moons ago, it didn`t go well :w00t:

I`ve thrown atomisers into the trash after an hour in the past just for a minor annoyance, so that`s nothing to go by really.

I have also took the plunge and ordered a Nebula for my soon arriving second Siren 25 - so I`ll report back on that ASAP also.

As for now - goodnight.

• Like Like x 4
  14. BigBopper

BigBopper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2010
    Minnesota
    So I ordered a 22mm Siren to replace the 25mm that came apart on me that I posted about previously. I've been vaping on it for about a week now, with many refills on the initial build. This morning I filled it and it started leaking, not weeping, but downright leaking. I did not do anything different when I filled it this time. So I am unsure why it decided to start leaking. I've been able to vape through it so that the leak has diminished to a weep, but it has taken almost a half tank. While I do like the Siren, I'm running into enough issues to look for a better solution.

BTW - I have not heard back from DigiFlavor regarding the 25mm Siren coming apart. That does not sit well with me, so will be looking at tanks from other manufacturers.

Al

• Like Like x 5
  15. dark_hawk

dark_hawk Full Member

Aug 13, 2016
    I didn't think it would help much but it looks like it's helping. Or I might have rotated the build deck to a more sealed position. Now at the end of the second filling and the tank is dry, not even that few drops when you move the airflow ring around. Will report back if that changed.

• Like Like x 4
  16. medic181075

medic181075 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2014
    Bradford, PA
    Quick question ... is anybody running a Siren 22 on a DNA 75 mod? Here is what I am up against - the mod has some sort of high resistance short. My 0.14 ohm Ni200 coil is reading 0.11 ohms on both of my Siren tanks. They work great on my DNA 40 devices. I was ready to email Lavabox and do a warranty claim on the mod. I had 3 different builds in both of my siren tanks and they all did the same thing. Finally, even though I didn't expect it to work, I put a new build in my Taifun GT II clone and screwed it on. The coil reads properly. I am at a loss, but it seems my Lavabox M and my Siren tanks do not like each other. I had to go into escribe and manually override the mods ability to sense the resistance and lock in a resistance that I entered in to get a good vape.

• Like Like x 4
  17. dark_hawk

dark_hawk Full Member

Aug 13, 2016
    I don't know how the Siren 25mm is assembled, I only have the 22mm in black.
    For the Siren 22mm you will notice it's actually 2 pieces with the black one, the difference in color between the build deck and lower part is more pronounced.
    The way it comes together leads me to believe that there are no different versions out there. Just some atomizers which was press fitted good and some that didn't.
    The bottom part is 9 or 10 parts. 1- The positive block, 2- The positive block insulator, 3-The build deck, 4- The airflow screw/tube 5- The 510 screw. 6- The 510 screw insulator, 7- The bottom part which I think is 2-3 separate pieces with the airflow ring being one of them.
    The way it's assembled is that you have to put the airflow screw/tube in first before putting the build deck, because you can't get that airflow tube out either from the 510 connection side or from the top after removing the positive block which leads me to believe it was put there before pressing the build deck onto the lower part. I might be wrong though. I won't be sure until I get my hands on a sacrificial Siren :).

• Like Like x 5
  18. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinging mods, 1 rhinestone at a time. FDA ready!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Your information was superb, dark_hawk, and you really did "take one for the team". I am of the mindset however, that when I buy a piece of vape gear, I'd like it to work - out of the box. I'm far from a tinkerer, and I really don't want to go thru the machinations or dissections. Call me lazy, call me untalented, or call me KD. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  19. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinging mods, 1 rhinestone at a time. FDA ready!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    So 52, I'm guessing you leave your air flow adjustment ring in the open (ready to vape position) all the time? You don't close it off for filling? (I thought that was one of our "secret" trix!)

I'm having random luck with mine. Sometimes after a fill, it weeps. Sometimes when the fluid level is low, it's dry as a bone. Today and yesterday, low level AND fresh fill, no leaks, no weeps, no paper towels needed.

I don't get it. I don't know how to fix or control random.

Fad, nor have I. The CLOSEST to a very high percentage of dry has been the Cerotanks and the Naughties. Even the Egg Roll is less problematic, which leads me to believe that pop-in coils are still my preference for several reasons.

I'm not ready to give up on the Digi just yet, but it's certainly falling out of favor in some ways for me.

• Like Like x 4
  20. dark_hawk

dark_hawk Full Member

Aug 13, 2016
    I love my kayfuns and my kabuki for that same reason you mentioned KD :). It just works. No need to tinker to get it to perform well. They are an example of a really good engineered piece of hardware.

If I didn't like this tank so much I wouldn't have gone to the trouble. I threw tanks away for causing me far less trouble. But I think if I got it to stop weeping with a small o-ring we would have a really superb atomizer.
    Try throwing in that small o-ring the next time you're building since your atomizer seems to suffer from the weeping plague like mine. Try tucking it in as close to the lower side of the build deck as possible.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.