Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Yes, that certainly is an option d_h. But it would mean a complete disassembly, and in truth, I'm not sure I'm up for that or that I'd get the pieces back where they belong.

I guess I'm really sitting on this position: I don't want to mod my atomizers. I want to coil, wick, fill, and vape!!!

(I'm a wee bit frustrated with this one. Not horribly, and not permanently, but just at the moment.)

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Quick question ... is anybody running a Siren 22 on a DNA 75 mod? Here is what I am up against - the mod has some sort of high resistance short. My 0.14 ohm Ni200 coil is reading 0.11 ohms on both of my Siren tanks. They work great on my DNA 40 devices. I was ready to email Lavabox and do a warranty claim on the mod. I had 3 different builds in both of my siren tanks and they all did the same thing. Finally, even though I didn't expect it to work, I put a new build in my Taifun GT II clone and screwed it on. The coil reads properly. I am at a loss, but it seems my Lavabox M and my Siren tanks do not like each other. I had to go into escribe and manually override the mods ability to sense the resistance and lock in a resistance that I entered in to get a good vape.

I run mine on DNA75 mods, but I am in wattage mode, so not really much help to you, but can say I have no problems with mine though.

dark_hawk

Aug 13, 2016
    Quick question ... is anybody running a Siren 22 on a DNA 75 mod? Here is what I am up against - the mod has some sort of high resistance short. My 0.14 ohm Ni200 coil is reading 0.11 ohms on both of my Siren tanks. They work great on my DNA 40 devices. I was ready to email Lavabox and do a warranty claim on the mod. I had 3 different builds in both of my siren tanks and they all did the same thing. Finally, even though I didn't expect it to work, I put a new build in my Taifun GT II clone and screwed it on. The coil reads properly. I am at a loss, but it seems my Lavabox M and my Siren tanks do not like each other. I had to go into escribe and manually override the mods ability to sense the resistance and lock in a resistance that I entered in to get a good vape.

If I were you I would unscrew the 510 pin and clean it. The 510 pin and positive connection/airflow screw are gold plated which is supposed to be very good for tc.
    I also think I've read somewhere that the 510 connection on the lavabox is a little shallow. And the Siren's 510 connection is REALLY long. I would also try adding a small o-ring on the bottom of the 510 connection to raise it a bit and make it more secure.

TuUHz9P.jpg

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Got to say, since I have swapped to 3mm coils, not had any leaking problems, have had the slight weeping at times, but I change out the wick or add more wick and that seems to solve it, I do wonder as the wick ages it gets more juiced and the wick channels aren't packed as when 1st put wick in.

dark_hawk

Aug 13, 2016
    Yes, that certainly is an option d_h. But it would mean a complete disassembly, and in truth, I'm not sure I'm up for that or that I'd get the pieces back where they belong.

I guess I'm really sitting on this position: I don't want to mod my atomizers. I want to coil, wick, fill, and vape!!!

(I'm a wee bit frustrated with this one. Not horribly, and not permanently, but just at the moment.)

You don't have to disassemble the tank to put that o-ring.
    You can carefully put it through the build deck down down to the shaft underneath. You will have to be careful though, as to not cut the o-ring.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Something else I have noticed which is strange, but my black ones seem more prone to weeping, than my SS one, I do only have 1 SS though, so could of just got extra lucky with that one.

But now I don't get enough seepage for it to bother me, like said if it starts, then normally just a reminder for a wick change.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Amazingly enuf, Nailz, DPL and I just had this very same conversation! I told him that I've had ZERO issue with my stainless, and that it's my black one that has caused irreversible brain agony for me.

HOW ODD.

However, he said that for him, it's been random (leakage) with both the black and the stainless.

Who knows. I'm stumped at this point.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    You don't have to disassemble the tank to put that o-ring.
    You can carefully put it through the build deck down down to the shaft underneath. You will have to be careful though, as to not cut the o-ring.

Thanks, hawk. Sorry, but which O-ring is it that you used?

dark_hawk

Aug 13, 2016
    Thanks, hawk. Sorry, but which O-ring is it that you used?

The one form the Siren's spare o-rings bag. The smaller one. You can use either the transparent one or the black one. The inner diameter is 6mm and the outer diameter is 8mm with a thickness of 1mm. These are used for the drip tip and I guess you will have plenty to spare if you accidentally cut it.
    If you have some larger o-rings with inner diameters of 7mm or 8mm those would work too. But the 6mm one is a snug fit.
    When putting it just clear one part at a time, like first clearing the first block with the screw, then slide it to the cotton wicking channels, then through the other block.

Last edited:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    OMG, I'm-a gonna have to mod! :shock:

:lol:

Maybe I'll give it a whirl one of these days, dh. I shall definitely let you know! And thank you so much again.

PS. Tonite Mr./Mrs. Black Digi is NOT weeping, so I have little to no inspiration. :laugh:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015

I've got a Sbody Macro DNA75 that I use with a Siren all the time. I haven't had any problems with it. The same goes for my Sbody Macro DNA40s and my Epetite DNA 60. I use a Siren on them more than any other tank.

I should add that, like Nailz, I only vape in wattage mode. That may make a difference.

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I didn't think it would help much but it looks like it's helping. Or I might have rotated the build deck to a more sealed position. Now at the end of the second filling and the tank is dry, not even that few drops when you move the airflow ring around. Will report back if that changed.

That's great news! Whatever works is a good thing! Hope it keeps working for you!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    So I ordered a 22mm Siren to replace the 25mm that came apart on me that I posted about previously. I've been vaping on it for about a week now, with many refills on the initial build. This morning I filled it and it started leaking, not weeping, but downright leaking. I did not do anything different when I filled it this time. So I am unsure why it decided to start leaking. I've been able to vape through it so that the leak has diminished to a weep, but it has taken almost a half tank. While I do like the Siren, I'm running into enough issues to look for a better solution.

BTW - I have not heard back from DigiFlavor regarding the 25mm Siren coming apart. That does not sit well with me, so will be looking at tanks from other manufacturers.

Al

I am so sorry to hear this. Why don't you try sending an email to
    Customer service – service@geekvapeusa.com. The guy who responded to that email, Jacob, is from their U.S. customer service office in Michigan. He was great to work with! Maybe he will help you. Surely it's worth a shot?

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Something else I have noticed which is strange, but my black ones seem more prone to weeping, than my SS one, I do only have 1 SS though, so could of just got extra lucky with that one.

But now I don't get enough seepage for it to bother me, like said if it starts, then normally just a reminder for a wick change.

All of mine are the 22 mm stainless Sirens and they've been problem free. I've been thinking of buying some black ones because I saw them on sale for $20 somewhere. Now I'm not so sure I want the black ones.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Welp, Just, don't be put off by my take on the black one, please. As DPL said, he's had probs intermittently with both the black AND the stainless.

So, my jury's still out on the effect of the colors on weepage.

(PS. I wrote the word "affect" but then had a brain freeze and could not decide it the term was "affect" or "effect". I Googled. Funny little response!

"The difference between affect and effect is so slippery that people have started using "impact" as a verb instead. Don't be one of them!")

Ok, I won't!!!!!

IMPACTFUL tho, wouldn't ya say? :laugh:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Welp, Just, don't be put off by my take on the black one, please. As DPL said, he's had probs intermittently with both the black AND the stainless.

So, my jury's still out on the effect of the colors on weepage.

(PS. I wrote the word "affect" but then had a brain freeze and could not decide it the term was "affect" or "effect". I Googled. Funny little response!

"The difference between affect and effect is so slippery that people have started using "impact" as a verb instead. Don't be one of them!")

Ok, I won't!!!!!

IMPACTFUL tho, wouldn't ya say? :laugh:

No worries at all! I'm just flummoxed by all of the issues with weeping. If I were younger and less secure, I'd probably feel like I need to buy a black 25 mm just to fit in!!

Since I'm being forthcoming and all...I must admit to slipping down the slope myself and using impact as a verb on occasion! It's been a while since my school days don't cha know...

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    So I ordered a 22mm Siren to replace the 25mm that came apart on me that I posted about previously. I've been vaping on it for about a week now, with many refills on the initial build. This morning I filled it and it started leaking, not weeping, but downright leaking. I did not do anything different when I filled it this time. So I am unsure why it decided to start leaking. I've been able to vape through it so that the leak has diminished to a weep, but it has taken almost a half tank. While I do like the Siren, I'm running into enough issues to look for a better solution.

BTW - I have not heard back from DigiFlavor regarding the 25mm Siren coming apart. That does not sit well with me, so will be looking at tanks from other manufacturers.

Al

Sorry to hear of your problems with the Siren's, Bopper. All atomizers are Not for everyone, but beyond that, even the same atomizer is not guaranteed to work the same for all people. My conclusion is, and has been for a long time, that the Chinese manufacturing plants don't change their cutters/dies soon enough and hence go out of tolerance, but they keep using them to save on equipment costs, and the end result is that WE get out of tolerance vape gear that either doesn't work at all, or sorta kinda works, which is Unacceptable either way. As far as Customer Service goes, remember AndriaD's post quoted here; Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread