Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome to today's review from Digiflavor's newest version of the Siren MTL rta. This new version 4 Siren has a totally new look, not only is the look of the Siren different from past versions a new airflow system has been put in. Some of you are going to really like the new look and some wont, lets check it out .

COLOR CHOICES

Digiflavor_Siren_MTL_RTA_V4_colors.jpg

IN THE BOX

Digiflavor_S_RTA_V4_DIY.jpg

FEATURES

• Size: 22x51mm
    • Capacity: 2ml
    • Single coil two post deck
    • GTA deck
    • Bottom adjustable airflow
    • Leakproof design
    • Easy trimming of coil legs
    • Long / short 510 drip tips included
    • Top fill cap

2 MTL DRIP TIPS INCLUDED

DigiflavorSirenMTLRTAV4-_2.jpg

TOP FILL

DigiflavorSirenMTLRTAV4-_6.jpg

GTA DECK WITH NEW BOTTOM AIRFLOW DESIGN

Digiflavor_S_RTA_V4_GTAdeck.jpg

SEMI HIDDEN AIRFLOW DESIGN

floor6_bg-1-gif.951167

REMOVEABLE AIRFLOW SELECTOR

DigiflavorSirenMTLRTAV4-_8_720x_be36efdc-2f8a-4990-a422-747c78011beb.jpg

EXPLODED VIEW

DigiflavorSirenMTLRTAV4-_9.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

When I first saw the newest version of the siren I was very surprised with it's look because it doesn't look like any of the past versions at all, gone is the glass tube that had good juice capacity of past versions replaced with a PEI 2ml tube. The size of this new 22mm version has been shortened down a lot. Below is all the included extras that come in the box, you get 4 different coils, 4 pieces of cotton, 2 drip tips, extra post screws as well as your user manual. In the picture the pre-installed drip tip was replaced with the other supplied one.

20210804_135830.jpg

As you can see there is a small juice viewing tube below the metal top portion of the RTA that very small compared with past versions, and I cant seem to separate it from the metal portion no matter how I try, pulling, unscrewing has no effect so they must be joined permanently. Either way you need to keep a watchful eye on your juice.

20210805_133749.jpg

The build deck unscrews from the tank easily and threads feel nice and smooth, the showerhead design of the version 1 has been brought back in version 4 and I'm very glad because the change of it in version 2 was what caused the loss of flavor in my opinion.

20210805_132926.jpg

A new airflow system that is semi hidden works very well, instead of open holes you can see, the air holes are hidden behind the airflow selector control ring. Airflow travels between the control ring and into the tank.

20210805_132718.jpg

The airflow control ring can be removed for cleaning by rotating it all the way to the left and then just pull down, reverse the steps for reattaching it to the RTA.

20210807_090922.jpg

The build deck is a pretty easy one to build on but depending on the thickness of the wire your using you might have a problem capturing the coil leg if your wire is of a thinner size.

There is too much room between the post wall and screw for thinner gage wire. Although the easy open post allows you to easily guide the coil leg in. I found it easier to work on getting 1 coil leg secured and then the other, the coil can be straightened out after both are secured in place, if using a very thin wire you will have to trap it under the post screw.

20210805_132350.jpg

I installed a 1Ω 2.5mm SS Fussed Clapton coil and the final resistance came out to 0.99Ω, the version 4 Siren uses a GTA styled deck and on the decks wicking wells are 3 holes on each side where the juice travels up to your cotton. When placing your tails in the well ease them in, don't pack the cotton or you will choke the flow of juice.

20210805_142403.jpg

Wicking is a breeze on the version 4 Siren, I used a bow tie cut and as I said above just ease the cotton into the wells, you don't need a large amount.

20210807_105955.jpg

After saturating the coil with juice screw the tank body on and fill it up, because of the metal upper portion you will have to watch through the fill ports when filling, yes the metal top portion gives the RTA a new look but I would have rather had a full glass tube with larger capacity. It does look very good though I must admit. One thing that I really didn't like was the 2 drip tips that came with the SIREN V4, one of them ( NOT PICTURED ) is very long and thin and reminded me of a toothpick so I used the other one pictured below as well as one of my own that has a very narrow bore also.

20210804_134836.jpg

20210807_115839.jpg

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I have to tell you that even with all the negatives that that I mentioned earlier there's no denying that this is a flavor producing RTA for sure. The airflow works incredibly well and I love the new design of it being hidden, it adds to the attractive appearance of the tank.

The build deck is easy enough to work on but wish that either the screws for the post were larger or the post wall was closer to the post screws making capturing the coil legs easier.

Wicking this RTA is also very easy to do and Digiflavor sets the user up with 4 coils and 4 pieces of cotton, the 2 drip tips are another matter though, You may like them but I didn't.

I hope I'm missing something and maybe one of you can tell me how to separate the metal top portion from the PEI 2mm tube because I really don't think it comes apart for cleaning so when changing flavors you might get some residual flavor left over unless you clean in a ultrasonic cleaner.

Another tip for this RTA is to set your airflow before you screw the tank on a mod, with it being at the very bottom it sometimes is difficult to make adjustments once attached.

So in closing I have to say that even with the differences I have with this RTA because it produces great flavor and is a true MTL RTA I will continue to use it.

I would like to thank Allison and Geekvape for providing the Siren version 4 MTL RTA for the purpose of this review and I also hope the review helped anyone looking to purchase one.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Great review @bigbob2322

Remember the great flavor from the V1, just shame it was a prone to leaks. As you said, the flavor went down on the V2.

Flavor might be good on this new one, but only 2 mils is not enough for me, sucks so many new MTL tanks are 2 mil tanks, I might MTL, but use a clapton coil, so 2 mil will not last long even for me.

I did hear they are meant to be doing a extension tank for it, if they do, then might give it a go.

Reactions: bigbob2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great review @bigbob2322

Remember the great flavor from the V1, just shame it was a prone to leaks. As you said, the flavor went down on the V2.

Flavor might be good on this new one, but only 2 mils is not enough for me, sucks so many new MTL tanks are 2 mil tanks, I might MTL, but use a clapton coil, so 2 mil will not last long even for me.

I did hear they are meant to be doing a extension tank for it, if they do, then might give it a go.
    You will be filling the V4 often as well as checking that little juice window it now has Nailz, an extension tank would be great.

• Agree
    Reactions: Nailz

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I think it's the new "TPD" regulations in the UK that are pushing the 2ml limits? Perhaps there'll be a strong aftermarket for larger replacement tanks from China.

Anyway thank you for the review! Hoping for a 25mm version too.
    AD
    Your probably correct with the TPD, I hate refilling often.

• Agree
    Reactions: Nailz

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great review Bob! Not sure how I missed this over the weekend. I thought I had seen somewhere that the PEI tank portion was supposed to be replaceable but I couldn't get it loose either. Maybe because it was a review sample?
    I hope that the retail version is able to come apart.

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread