Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
So I had it soaking in rubbing alcohol for about a hour. Got it move so maybe three holes are exposed. But still stubborn as hell. Gonna soaking in it some boiling water. This is frustrating as hell. Grrrrrrr
Hey @access0denied, have you tried pulling the whole AFC ring off. It sounds like maybe a bad o-ring or twisted or something. I don't own a Siren 2 but the AFC seems similar to many RTAs.

Reactions: stols001

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Hey @access0denied, have you tried pulling the whole AFC ring off. It sounds like maybe a bad o-ring or twisted or something. I don't own a Siren 2 but the AFC seems similar to many RTAs.
I don’t think that’s possible on the siren. I did manage to make it work. But stiff stubborn as hell.

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Did you get the black by any chance? As that what I got and is really hard to turn too.

Yuppers black is what I got. I know a origin vape told me about two weeks ago it was delayed due to manufacturing/paint issues. I'm guessing those issues never fully got resolved. Just a guess. My thinking is that black paint just added more friction whej trying to move. But just a random thought.

Reactions: Nailz

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    But I might go with the silver, it's rather dark... Anna
    Thanks for the picture of your gunmetal Siren V2 it helped in my choice of SS to match my Siren V2 with the Aspire Speeder, I think it's a perfect match.
    20171118_132238.jpg

Oxyd

Dec 15, 2012
    Czechia
    Got mine this week. The airflow controller is a bit tough to turn, but turn it does. Currently battling some leakage issues, though. It's fine when upright, but I've had it leak a lot when I laid it on its side. Just rebuilt it with a 3mm diameter coil, so I'll see if that helps plug the leak.

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2016
    Got mine this week. The airflow controller is a bit tough to turn, but turn it does. Currently battling some leakage issues, though. It's fine when upright, but I've had it leak a lot when I laid it on its side. Just rebuilt it with a 3mm diameter coil, so I'll see if that helps plug the leak.

Mine did the same. I found out that the 510 not not entirely tight. Tightened it and it’s ok now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxyd

Dec 15, 2012
    Czechia
    Mine did the same. I found out that the 510 not not entirely tight. Tightened it and it’s ok now.

Ah, good call. The 510 pin on mine wasn't exactly loose, but it did turn a little. And I've had it lying on its side for a while now, and it hasn't leaked yet. So either the wider coil with more wick or tightening the pin seems to have fixed it.

ukeman

PV Masher
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Just a little tip for a new Siren V2, if your o-ring is stuck to the glass soak it in very hot water before trying to remove because you stand a good chance of breaking or tearing it if you try to just pull it off.
    oh yeah whats with the bottom of the tank o-ring? is it supposed to just sit flush with bottom rim, or is there a groove in there somewhere? One of mine at botton seems to move a bit

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    oh yeah whats with the bottom of the tank o-ring? is it supposed to just sit flush with bottom rim, or is there a groove in there somewhere? One of mine at botton seems to move a bit
    Yes there is a small grove for the glass to sit in. Check your o-ring it's probably upside down.

Reactions: capthook

Quexos

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    USA
    Just a little update: after having mine for a few weeks, I'm loving it. No leaks/gurgles, no dry hits at all using a 3 mm diameter coil wrap to allow a thick enough wick. I do keep it mostly upright though so can't say how it would do carried around in a coat pocket or the like. I've settled on 28 gauge Kanthal, wrapped 3mm, about 8-9 times resulting in 1.6-1.9 ohms, with a wick about 2-3 times the coil diameter when dry, loose, and fluffy to ensure it fills the little wick guide/grooves fully. If you went with anything thicker than 28 gauge I assume you would end up with 1 ohm or less, which is fine if that works for you...I like mine at 1.4+ ohm at ~12-14 watts.

I am using 60pg/40vg juice (left over from previous orders for old non-rebuildable tanks) in case anyone is wondering if thinner juice will work, it will. I will be ordering something closer to 70% vg next time though.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Just a little update: after having mine for a few weeks, I'm loving it. No leaks/gurgles, no dry hits at all using a 3 mm diameter coil wrap to allow a thick enough wick. I do keep it mostly upright though so can't say how it would do carried around in a coat pocket or the like. I've settled on 28 gauge Kanthal, wrapped 3mm, about 8-9 times resulting in 1.6-1.9 ohms, with a wick about 2-3 times the coil diameter when dry, loose, and fluffy to ensure it fills the little wick guide/grooves fully. If you went with anything thicker than 28 gauge I assume you would end up with 1 ohm or less, which is fine if that works for you...I like mine at 1.4+ ohm at ~12-14 watts.

I am using 60pg/40vg juice (left over from previous orders for old non-rebuildable tanks) in case anyone is wondering if thinner juice will work, it will. I will be ordering something closer to 70% vg next time though.
    Using 50/50 myself.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread