DIGIFLAVOR SIREN V2 MTL GTA TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

callmeal

Nov 28, 2017
Started leaking just now. So for 70/30 it's 3 days until leak, 30/70 it's 1 day and I guess 50/50 is going to be 2 days. It's like clockworks with this tank. I expected it to hold juice at least a week, but so far nope. I really wish it had those 2 metal things next to the airflow like the Ares.

That's weird I've tried everthing from 20 up to 70pg and haven't had any issues at all with leaking. Might just be a fault with yours?

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    That's weird I've tried everthing from 20 up to 70pg and haven't had any issues at all with leaking. Might just be a fault with yours?
    Could be. How long does yours hold juice? I double checked that my wick did not touch the air thing in the middle this time around. Usually I can tell if is going to leak when I turn the airflow ring (after a couple of days) and it has a tiny bit of juice in the holes. Then it's only a matter of time before it starts going through the bottom of the ring and onto the mod.

I should pretty much only rewick when I notice a decrease in flavor, but so far that hasn't happened. Only leaking.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've only used this tank at home but I haven't had any leaking. I have to wonder sometimes if it isn't a crap shoot depending on who did the machining on the parts that day at the factory where the tank was made. I've had plenty of other tanks that leaked that others had no problems with.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I've only used this tank at home but I haven't had any leaking. I have to wonder sometimes if it isn't a crap shoot depending on who did the machining on the parts that day at the factory where the tank was made. I've had plenty of other tanks that leaked that others had no problems with.
    Now that you mention it, so have I. I'll try the 24mm and see if it's any better, despite the issue I'm having with the 22mm :)

callmeal

Nov 28, 2017
    I have read several comments about problems with the top caps and various forms of leaking on this V2. I thought I would point out for those considering buying who have not yet bought that I own 2 of the supposed copies (24mm) of the V2 from 2F Vape. They are both perfect in every respect. They exhibit no leaking of any kind and the top caps seal perfectly. They may be clones but even if they are they are identical to the original in every possible way except one, the o-rings supplied are different than the original. I view that as a good thing considering all the negative reports about the o-rings. They have both looked and performed flawlessly. I have one silver and one black. The price is less than the original by a considerable amount. I am not in the habit of hawking clones, but these seem to perform better than the originals. Just a point of information. Also you can ignore the photos posted on 2F for these as they arrive exactly as the original.

My supposed copy finally arrived today after nearly 2 months from 2fdeal(Ordered 18th Nov). It is exact same as yours, box says gunmetal 22mm but it's black 24mm. Looking at it along side my 22mm it's definitely a clone alright, lots of small little details. Anyway I'm vaping on it now and it performs pretty much the same as my 22mm, it's great! I'm very happy considering it was only about $12.

It came with a couple of coils that are not the same 1ohm Kanthal that came with 22mm, any idea what these are?

UnknownCoil.jpg

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    My supposed copy finally arrived today after nearly 2 months from 2fdeal(Ordered 18th Nov). It is exact same as yours, box says gunmetal 22mm but it's black 24mm. Looking at it along side my 22mm it's definitely a clone alright, lots of small little details. Anyway I'm vaping on it now and it performs pretty much the same as my 22mm, it's great! I'm very happy considering it was only about $12.

It came with a couple of coils that are not the same 1ohm Kanthal that came with 22mm, any idea what these are?

View attachment 712409

Glad to hear it showed up. I just tossed the two coils that came with mine as I always make my own. I would guess they are Kanthal as that would be the cheapest alternate but I really don't know. I would be interested in the "little details" of difference you reference? From the photos I have seen these clones look like the real thing except for the supplied o-rings. Then I don't have an "Original" to compare. I have two and they have performed perfectly. I would point out that the tops seal perfectly on these. I have had zero leaking issues.

callmeal

Nov 28, 2017
    Yeah performance is perfect and flavour great from what I've seen so far. Little details include the plastic part of the drip tip isn't bevelled as smoothly as the original, a little bit noticeable but not a problem. The afc ring is slightly vertically misaligned. There is some very fine etching on part of the top cap, on the clone you can see they tried to copy it but it's not done quite the same. The printing of the siren 2 logo on the bell is noticeably different. I believe there was some small internal differences as well but both tanks full of juice now so not bothered opening them up. Anyway I think I might order another one, it's such a great tank!

Kusie

ECF Veteran
    Jun 21, 2017
    Germany

View attachment 712409
    Google for "kanthal twisted wire". it´s basically 2 kanthal wires twisted together, you can also get premade twisted wire with 3 or 4 wires twisted together. The idea is to increase the wire surface and get more vapor.

HTH,
    K.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    Think I finally nailed it when it comes to flavor.
    Made a 30ga 7 wrap 3mm id twisted ss coil (.6ohm), put cotton bacon v2 in there and;
    - No more teeth knockin' poppin', it's gone.
    - Flavor is at least twice as good, very sharp, very defined.

Now I'll have to wait and see if it's still leaking, but the 24mm is on the way at least :)

KickOuttheJamz

Dec 9, 2017
    Made one change. Now she lies perfectly on the lips :thumbs:
    View attachment 695455
    What kind of mod is this? Does this take a single 18650 and have adjustable wattage? Is that the 24mm siren v2 I'm about to order one, I have a berserker which is my first MTL and experience on building coils and I'm looking at the siren v2 for a second tank.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I guess for me the flavor in the berserker is more "intense" and it's a much less "thirsty" tank due to airflow. At first, I was favoring my berserker a bit, but I really am coming to love my Siren V2, it's adjustable, it's fun, and it's flavorful (in its own way, I find it really shines in fruit flavors).

I use a similar build in both, around 1.0 ohms SS 28 gauge wire (about 9 wraps, depending on how much I space). I exclusively use rayon. I find the Siren slightly easier to build on, but neither is super hard. IDK, the Berserker is a fantastic stealth tank, but almost not quite airy enough at this point. I've considered enlarging an air hole but I really do like it for flavor and stealth, so I haven't.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The drip tip comes out fairly easily. On the 22 mm version, there's no o-ring or anything, didn't check the metal 24 mm but I'd imagine the design is the same...Oh, heck, I just checked the metal one and there are 2 small 0-rings, I think. That may be true on the black plastic, I just can't tell whether it's all threading, or a couple 0 rings. Not about to pry at it however. I got gunmetal in metal and can just barely see what looks like 2 0-rings though. But, it's still dark (little lights to not wake the husband).

Anna

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread