DIGIFLAVOR SIREN V2 MTL GTA TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    Think I finally nailed it when it comes to flavor.
    Made a 30ga 7 wrap 3mm id twisted ss coil (.6ohm), put cotton bacon v2 in there and;
    - No more teeth knockin' poppin', it's gone.
    - Flavor is at least twice as good, very sharp, very defined.

Now I'll have to wait and see if it's still leaking, but the 24mm is on the way at least :)
    Yep flavor is definitely there now. I loaded up a pretty muted juice last time I tried it (blueberry donut) and my wife could hear me go "mmm .. oh .. mmmhmmm!" I didn't even realize I was doing that :D Shortly after refilling though, I see drops of juice in the airflow ring .. So leak incoming yet again. Man I hope the 24mm holds juice better.

Last edited:
    • Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2017
    I made it leak after taking the bell cap off to look at the deck and mess the wick.

Is it normal for it to gurgle if you let the liquid go below the bell/deck? Is it bad to bend the legs a bit to get a big 10 wrap coil squarely over the 3 air holes -can it lead to popping/spitting?

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I made it leak after taking the bell cap off to look at the deck and mess the wick.

Is it normal for it to gurgle if you let the liquid go below the bell/deck? Is it bad to bend the legs a bit to get a big 10 wrap coil squarely over the 3 air holes -can it lead to popping/spitting?
    So far it has not gurgled on me, not even once and I let it go all the way down before I refill (2ml version). I did have some pop issues, like really powerful pops, but it's not so bad if the coil sits just inside the 3 holes. I guess my 7 wraps of 26ga was just a tad too lengthy for it. But I'm no expert, so don't take my word for it :)

• Agree

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016

No its not normal. Yes it is bad to bend the legs more than a very small amount. 10 wraps of 28ga may be possible but if you are using thicker wire, say 26 or 24ga then it would be a very tight fit at 10 wraps on that deck. There really isn't a lot of room for big coils on that tiny deck because of the way the screw slots are set. Gurgling or spitting is usually a wicking issue. Most often not enough wick in the coil.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2017
    No its not normal. Yes it is bad to bend the legs more than a very small amount. 10 wraps of 28ga may be possible but if you are using thicker wire, say 26 or 24ga then it would be a very tight fit at 10 wraps on that deck. There really isn't a lot of room for big coils on that tiny deck because of the way the screw slots are set. Gurgling or spitting is usually a wicking issue. Most often not enough wick in the coil.
    I really want to use ss and get at least 1Ω. Switching to kanthal for now. :(

I'm confident I got enough cotton in since I couldn't even pull it out of the coil and no saggy soggy gaps at all

Last edited:

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    I really want to use ss and get at least 1Ω. Switching to kanthal for now. :(

I'm confident I got enough cotton in since I couldn't even pull it out of the coil and no saggy soggy gaps at all

If you could not even pull it out of the coil then you overstuffed it. There are a lot of videos on wicking on youtube so I won't go into it. You should be able to pull the dry wick back and forth with some minimal resistance. Once you add juice and heat the wick will expand. If you stuff it in there it has no place to expand. I use Kanthal in my Siren 2's for the reasons stated above. I just find that it is easy to get that 1 ohm with Kanthal on that deck. I use 26ga.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2017
    If you could not even pull it out of the coil then you overstuffed it. There are a lot of videos on wicking on youtube so I won't go into it. You should be able to pull the dry wick back and forth with some minimal resistance. Once you add juice and heat the wick will expand. If you stuff it in there it has no place to expand. I use Kanthal in my Siren 2's for the reasons stated above. I just find that it is easy to get that 1 ohm with Kanthal on that deck. I use 26ga.
    Put a 7 wrap 28g kanthal and it's perfect. Didn't mess with the legs to stretch the coil ends like I did before.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm not disputing your experience at all, but I find the Siren V2 to be extremely reliable with the right build and wick. I can usually now tell in advance when my rayon is going to die (and seep, which is the only time it does) by seeing color changes in my tank. I used to swear I wouldn't ever take an RTA out of the house, but the Siren V2 was the first RTA that made me change my mind. Don't get me wrong, I like my Berserker and it doesn't leak and is reliable as well.

If the OP wanted a severely MTL RTA, I'd probably recommend the Berserker for flavor. But the OP doesn't want that. IMO for budget friendly RTAs with the ability to do restricted DL hits probably the Aries and Siren V2 would be a good fit. Or a Hussar Coppervape Clone, or many others, but the Berserker is NOT a reasonable choice at all for DL hits. I'm kind of confused as to why you are bringing it up. It's simply not useful in terms of what the OP wants, even if you consider it "better." I would only recommend the Berserker to a dedicated MTL enthusiast who also wanted an extremely tight draw. Awesome flavor and ease of use sure. DL (even restricted) is not on the cards.

Anna

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2017
    Is there anyone selling spare o-rings for this tank?

I wonder if those flat o-rings that go on the base of the kanger sub/top tanks would work here... I will try to remember to check when I rebuild next
    Update: those flat orings from the toptank are taller than the edge of the ridge that holds the oring in so you would see a layer of o-ring between the glass and the base - I imagine it would do its job and seal though

• Creative
    Reactions: Barryo

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017

Great price!! I thought I was doing great getting the Authentic 24mm under $22. They were never offering the black at that price though, $25.99, so I feel better. The other colors for that price are all sold out. I did notice you can get the blue for $19.95 regular price though, guess blue isn't popular.

Interesting site though. It looked like yet another site whose payment system was subservient to PayPal (one of PayPals many issues is cross border transactions). But they said they could process credit cards. Poked around to see if there was anything worth checking the site out with. Found the SXK version of the KF V5. PayPal strikes again, lol, They sure have saved me hundreds of dollars in the last 6 months.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017
    Yeah performance is perfect and flavour great from what I've seen so far. Little details include the plastic part of the drip tip isn't bevelled as smoothly as the original, a little bit noticeable but not a problem. The afc ring is slightly vertically misaligned. There is some very fine etching on part of the top cap, on the clone you can see they tried to copy it but it's not done quite the same. The printing of the siren 2 logo on the bell is noticeably different. I believe there was some small internal differences as well but both tanks full of juice now so not bothered opening them up. Anyway I think I might order another one, it's such a great tank!

Etching on the top cap? Not sure what you are referring to. I do not see any etching, bad or good. Where, what on the top cap. I am reasonably sure I have an authentic 24mm, hologram seals on the plastic box, verification code worked and was first entry.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017
    I've had the Silver V2 24mm for 12 days now. Why don't they offer them in bare metal? I have come to the conclusion I really don't want paint on, and especially inside my tanks. Anyways, went to clean it before first use (just in case), bottom O-ring was slightly fused to the tank, was able to carefully peel it off, it left micro pieces behind on the glass but was salvageable. No such luck with the top O-ring. Had to use a razor blade on both the top and the bottom of the tube to remove the fused leftover stuck to the glass. Next came the frustration of trying to get one of the spare O-ring to fit into the top. That went on for a while, very frustrating, but then really easy when I tried one of the medium sized round rings that looked like they were too small. Wished they had put an extra white one in so it would match the salvageable bottom O-ring. Man, fused O-rings, no exploded diagram that would give a clue of proper O-rings, .... ugly design, no choice other than paint. Looks like plastic, is it all metal, or is that plastic, it so hard to tell?

Dropped the coil it was packaged with onto the deck, not really interested in wasting time building a coil just to discover it leaks, works like crap and I hate it. Did I mention it is .... ugly?

The coil falls right in, practically tightens itself, left it where it laid, no adjustment. Slightly wedged cotton, pretty tight in the hole, cut to touch tank floor. Didn't trim tails any to fit in slots, just packed it in, a just barely fit situation without being caught into the threads when putting the bell on.

Closed the AFC, filled it up, opened the AFC, prepared for the leak, disappointing flavor and fired.

Wow, that was nice, that's better than the SXK KF V5 I just tested. That's better than the Berserker and with the extra air flow I wished it had. Wonder how long before the revenge of the O-ring comes?

12 days in rotation and 20ml later, no leaks. Too lazy to clean & change the cotton I dabbed the deck & cotton of a little sooty juice with a napkin, taste was just starting to get a little off. It brightened right back up.

Within 48 hours of first fire I decided if I had to live with a painted tank I really should of gotten black, to go with the black mods I have since from now on I am not going to choose painted tanks by choice. I already replaced my black berserker with SS. Went back to the Ali store I got it from for under $22. Wasn't carrying them any more. Checked around and the price was high. Then saw buy 2 at a good price. That works, 2 in black is what I wanted anyways. Black turned out to be the most expensive, but still, for under $22 a piece is pretty good. I really like the looks and taste of the Berserker, but she's a little too tight to use all the time, needs to be bottom filled. The KF V5 is cool in form and function, no problems with being too tight, pretty decent flavor, but just decent.

The ugly duckling beats them both for taste with the full air range I would want. Is SS and a top cap more like the Berserker too much to ask for?

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    DL (even restricted) is not on the cards.

Anna
    Thank goodn
    Great price!! I thought I was doing great getting the Authentic 24mm under $22. They were never offering the black at that price though, $25.99, so I feel better. The other colors for that price are all sold out. I did notice you can get the blue for $19.95 regular price though, guess blue isn't popular.

Interesting site though. It looked like yet another site whose payment system was subservient to PayPal (one of PayPals many issues is cross border transactions). But they said they could process credit cards. Poked around to see if there was anything worth checking the site out with. Found the SXK version of the KF V5. PayPal strikes again, lol, They sure have saved me hundreds of dollars in the last 6 months.
    Man, sorry about that, if I had known no PP on a china site would not have thrown up the link. Hotecig are some of the former Focal people who also had the PP issue and went and started Hot and 2Fdeal. Looks like they are having the same trouble again.

• Useful

speedemon

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 7, 2009
    Chicagoland

I paid here yesterday with PP no issues

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017
    Thank goodn

Man, sorry about that, if I had known no PP on a china site would not have thrown up the link. Hotecig are some of the former Focal people who also had the PP issue and went and started Hot and 2Fdeal. Looks like they are having the same trouble again.

They have PP, the problem is many sites that have PP have problems processing credit cards. PayPal likes to throw up road blocks when they are also the CC processor. Any excuse to try to get someone to sign up for a PP account.

It was good to throw it up, it was a great deal and certain people in certain areas can take advantage of it. I make the comment of my experience more as a public voice trying to send signals that businesses are losing business and money letting PP have that much control over their CC processing.

PayPal even pulled that on Ebay last year. When the sellers asked where's my payment I had to tell them sorry, my credit card is getting rejected. I had to go to AliExpress to get what I wanted.

Recently I gave Ebay another chance based on a slightly better price than Ali, guess EBay straightened PP out, no more problems processing my CC anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread