DIGIFLAVOR SIREN V2 MTL GTA TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
My Digiflavor Siren 2 came in yesterday, along with the Ares. I wound my standard 2.5mm SS316 coil and popped it in with a rayon wick cut to just touch the tank bottom and adjusted the coil for about 2mm above the air port. The build was a piece of cake and the tank has been fine. No leaks and flavor is slightly better than my goto Kayfun Lite Plus RTA.

I like the push to fill top on the Ares, but the quarter turn top on the Siren 2 also works well. I'd like for the Siren's top to have a snap feel that tells me it's locked, but it seems secure enough. I always have some juices in Boston Rounds with dropper tops. The Ares and Siren 2 fill ports work well with droppers. I always fill my Kayfuns with a thin tip squeeze bottle or a syringe with glass bottles. Either method works fine with the Siren 2 and the Ares.

This tank and the Ares may be the tanks that challenge my Kayfuns for the #1 spot in my daily vape hardware choice.

I am rotating 4 mods/tanks all day long Siren V2, Berserker, Nautilus, SXK KFV5, I find the KF JFC cool but poorer on flavor then the rest.

Reactions: stols001

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    On the 4.5ml I am touching the floor. I do refill when halfway down the bell most of the time so it doesn't weep from the bottom. It does seem my first hits are wetter if I let the juice get too low before I refill.

Also I rotate mods/tanks a lot, I chain vape but don't beat on any tank very long. Are you vaping to the bottom before refilling? Is the color of the juice getting dark before you start leaking? Just wondering if heavy vaping is too much for the cotton in the 2ml.
    I usually refill when the juice is at the bottom of the bell, so not entirely empty. My juice is already dark as I enjoy tobacco and dessert flavors so it's hard to tell. Cotton is just barely brown when I have to rewick due to leaking. I'm sure I could vape on it for a week before getting a dry hit or burnt taste.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017
    I usually refill when the juice is at the bottom of the bell, so not entirely empty. My juice is already dark as I enjoy tobacco and dessert flavors so it's hard to tell. Cotton is just barely brown when I have to rewick due to leaking. I'm sure I could vape on it for a week before getting a dry hit or burnt taste.

I've been playing with mine due to your problem. I do notice it does flood a tiny bit (but doesn't leak) sometimes when I fill with the AFC open. I was wondering your AFC style of vaping. I usually vape 3 to 5 holes open. I tried using the single AFC style on each of the holes, as I went around I noticed "juice film" on each of the holes and when I returned to full open I could see they were all a tiny bit wet. Still not leaking. I couple of hits and it all dried out.

On my next fill I waited until it was a little more than 3/4 the way down the bell/chamber opened the AFC to full and took a couple pulls. Refilled it. And then hit on it with the AFC still wide open. No sign of even a tiny bit of flooding.

I've been avoiding going all the way to the bottom of the well because I noticed weeping on the bottom of the tank when I vaped it dry. I do not know how far I can go without it weeping, so far it looks like over 3/4 the bell with no problems.

Last edited:

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I've been play with mine due to your problem. I do notice it does flood a tiny bit (but doesn't leak) sometimes when I fill with the AFC open. I was wondering your AFC style of vaping. I usually vape 3 to 5 holes open. I tried using the single AFC style on each of the holes, as I went around I noticed "juice film" on each of the holes and when I returned to full open I could see they were all a tiny bit wet. Still not leaking. I couple of hits and it all dried out.

On my next fill I waited until it was a little more than 3/4 the way down the bell/chamber opened the AFC to full and took a couple pulls. Refilled it. And then hit on it with the AFC still wide open. No sign of even a tiny bit of flooding.

I've been avoiding going all the way to the bottom of the well because I noticed weeping on the bottom of the tank when I vaped it dry. I do not know how far I can go without it weeping, so far it looks like over 3/4 the bell with no problems.
    I vape with 3 holes open, single holes are great too but I notice a whistle and I can't deal with that :p I've refilled it twice now, without closing the AFC, and I did notice the juice didn't move when I remove the top. It used to do that when the airflow was closed. AFC is still completely dry but it'll take a couple of days still before I can say anything for certain.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I am rotating 4 mods/tanks all day long Siren V2, Berserker, Nautilus, SXK KFV5, I find the KF JFC cool but poorer on flavor then the rest.

I have a low tolerance for any RTA that isn't rock solid on keeping juice inside the tank where it's supposed to be. That's probably why I generally only use the KF Lite Plus V2 in the Kayfun category. My KF4 and KF5 tanks stay in a box in the closet. The V2 beats out the V3 for flavor and easy draw.

I probably need to play with wicking on my new Ares, but flavor is good on that one and the Siren 2. Siren 2 has been dry as a bone on the outside and that puts it in the pocket carry category. My Ares produces a little dew around the air holes. Maybe a little tighter wick build will stop that.

Houssam

Nov 29, 2016
    I vape with 3 holes open, single holes are great too but I notice a whistle and I can't deal with that :p I've refilled it twice now, without closing the AFC, and I did notice the juice didn't move when I remove the top. It used to do that when the airflow was closed. AFC is still completely dry but it'll take a couple of days still before I can say anything for certain.
    I wish this is the reason but I'm not convinced, sorry. AFC should not make difference with Siren but you never know, after refilling more times and maybe doing a new build, you will be sure. I tried in the past with closed and opened AFC and it didn't make difference. However, I have a new hypothesis. I'm still calling it hypothesis for the time being as I'm not sure my problem is solved. See image attached. It is what you had in your post yesterday as method 2 where the cotton is not touching the base. It is more than 2 days already with 6 refills and the AFC is still dry, never had this in the past. I know it is still early to tell but it is better for me as least comparing to previous attempts, this is a progress. Difference from my previous builds is that the coil is slightly higher, slightly less cotton so that I can have a space between the cotton and the base. This actually makes some sense, the liquid must be getting through the 3 air holes under the coil and Siren 2 is prone to this because this area under the coil is large so the cotton will touch it unless you invest some effort in trying to avoid this. The question is, are all people not having leaking building this way? I doubt. I have seen many reviews where the reviewer throw the coil and cotton and close the tank so why they have no leaking? This is the million dollar question for an item that costs 20 USD :)

Attachments

• IMG_0337.jpg
      IMG_0337.jpg
      175.6 KB · Views: 139

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I wish this is the reason but I'm not convinced, sorry. AFC should not make difference with Siren but you never know, after refilling more times and maybe doing a new build, you will be sure. I tried in the past with closed and opened AFC and it didn't make difference. However, I have a new hypothesis. I'm still calling it hypothesis for the time being as I'm not sure my problem is solved. See image attached. It is what you had in your post yesterday as method 2 where the cotton is not touching the base. It is more than 2 days already with 6 refills and the AFC is still dry, never had this in the past. I know it is still early to tell but it is better for me as least comparing to previous attempts, this is a progress. Difference from my previous builds is that the coil is slightly higher, slightly less cotton so that I can have a space between the cotton and the base. This actually makes some sense, the liquid must be getting through the 3 air holes under the coil and Siren 2 is prone to this because this area under the coil is large so the cotton will touch it unless you invest some effort in trying to avoid this. The question is, are all people not having leaking building this way? I doubt. I have seen many reviews where the reviewer throw the coil and cotton and close the tank so why they have no leaking? This is the million dollar question for an item that costs 20 USD :)
    That is pretty much exactly how I build as well, cotton not touching the airflow but it still leaks. It's still dry after I stopped closing the airflow when refilling. In fact, it's been on 3 holes since I rewicked it and hasn't been closed at all. I only open up 5 holes once in a while to check for droplets then back to 3. So far so good, I really hope this is it!

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017
    Nope just leaked. I give up.

Just start bottom filling it. I made mine leak a couple of nights ago, juice built up on the side I was filling and I decided to tilt it ever so slightly to even it out, not a good move. Tipped it upside down real quick, messy. Usually I don't bother and just put the cap back on, think I will just stick to that.

I got my Berserker to finally top fill and not leak by leaving the AFC open, but it does flood a tiny bit. Started altering technique with the top cap to achieve the perfect top fill. Even a little leak is unpleasant, messy and takes away from vape time. My V2 is top filling fine as long as I just fill and cap. But my Berserker works perfect if I stick to bottom fill, as much as I want to keep top filling it, it is not worth the satisfaction/disappointment ratio.

There's an unknown variable, do your cotton, coil, juice, location as you like, give in and bottom fill.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017
    Etching on the top cap? Not sure what you are referring to. I do not see any etching, bad or good. Where, what on the top cap. I am reasonably sure I have an authentic 24mm, hologram seals on the plastic box, verification code worked and was first entry.

Ah, just got my black ones in, I see the etching on the side of the top cap. I had to use 4x glasses and put it under a strong light to actually see it on my silver one.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017
    Still loving my Siren V2 a great deal (I have both configurations). I also have the ares and the berserker, but the V2 remains my favorite by a wide margin....

Anna

Almost pulled the trigger on an Ares a few nights ago, in the basket and about to confirm. then decided to google "Ares Problems" to see if it could effect my impulse. It did. The V2 is my favorite also, then Berserker, followed by Nautilus. Just got in a KF Prime clone with the extension yesterday, will see if I find it better or worse then the KF V5. I have got to stop my impulses. Just hoping for a version of the Berserker with a little more air and the V2 to be SS and no paint.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Siren 2 is one of my favorite 24mm tanks. I'm also liking the Beserker and the Ares in 24mm. They have joined my Kayfun V2's for favorite MTL vapes.

The Eleaf Invoke is a good mod to use with 24mm tanks. It has an uncluttered top, small size that fits the hand well, and plenty of power and battery life.

Knut arne

Sep 1, 2016
    Norway
    You have the regular or the mini berserker?
    Is the air draw more tight on the berserker than the ares ?
    Been thinking of getting one of the berserker tanks but if its more tight air flow then the ares at full open i think i will pass..
    I would love to see a full stainless steel tank of the siren2, instead of the glass

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    How you making out? Thought of your frustration while I was struggling with a KF Prime clone for the last few days. I hate wasted juice and wasted time.
    I think I found a workaround that is good enough for me anyhow. I've found out that it only leaks when I open the top cap. Pressure is released and all kinds of juice trouble follows afterwards.

Here's my workaround:
    1) Grab paper towel, unscrew tank from mod and refill. Put top cap on again.
    2) Spin AFC back and forth while holding paper towel on the bottom to get rid of excess juice that will seep through (and it will). Do the same "in the holes".

It's not optimal by any stretch, but I have been vaping using the same wick for a week now. Before I had to rewick every 2-3 days. Mod is still dry which is pretty amazing :)

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017
    I think I found a workaround that is good enough for me anyhow. I've found out that it only leaks when I open the top cap. Pressure is released and all kinds of juice trouble follows afterwards.

Here's my workaround:
    1) Grab paper towel, unscrew tank from mod and refill. Put top cap on again.
    2) Spin AFC back and forth while holding paper towel on the bottom to get rid of excess juice that will seep through (and it will). Do the same "in the holes".

It's not optimal by any stretch, but I have been vaping using the same wick for a week now. Before I had to rewick every 2-3 days. Mod is still dry which is pretty amazing :)

Curious, is the temperature above 90f or the tank hot when you open the top cap?

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    Room temp. Doesn't matter though. I've tried cold, warm and it's the same every single time. Pretty sure I said it was like clockworks with this tank some posts back. Still is :p
    I have 2 of the V2 and they don't leak at all. Fact is that QC on these China product is less that perfect. Sounds like you have an air leak somewhere. Maybe an o-ring issue or some part of your tank is out of spec. I seem to recall I had a tank long ago that drove me crazy with leaks and I finally found that the glass was ever so slightly out of round. Very small manufacturing defects can be responsible for your problem. I would have sent the tank for a replacement if that happened to me. Yea, I know that is a pain but it is not worth fighting a problem you can't see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread