DIGIFLAVOR SIREN V2 MTL GTA TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There were a lot of initial complaints about the Siren's flavor on ECF actually. It's kind of a "love it or hate it" situation. I think the Siren gives great flavor, with the caveat it has to be set up correctly and I find it shines best with strong, fruit flavors and AF wide open. Of course, that's a personal preference.

I find the Ares offers pretty great flavor as well. I also enjoy the (to me) tighter draw than the Siren but if I close off my Siren's airflow it just doesn't perform as well. They're great tanks, but I own 4 Sirens and 2 ares (I actually prefer the 22 mm Siren for flavor). I am happy with both.

I would go with the one that most appeals to you overall, honestly. They both require some experimentation to reach optimal flavor (for an individual user) but to me, each has a lot going for it and it's nice to have MTL vapes around ATM that perform well and won't break the bank (IMO). But, I don't think you will go wrong with either, although I am, in fact, one user only and etc.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep, will come with extra O--rings, an extra tank and misc screws. This tank is well made I have 4 of them and haven't had to replace a thing yet (including the tank which seems somewhat miraculous to me). I don't know how "durable" the screws are but the velocity clamp-style deck makes them easy to use, I haven't stripped a screw once (and I'm quite sure I'm capable of it). LOL.

Anna

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I am noticing different drip tips at different places and variances in prices. All things being made in China I am wondering who is who. Even China has Authentic and Original that have different tips than Digiflavor.
    I got mine from 3Fvape and they are the real deal, with the metal drip tip and delrin at the tip. You'll need to login to see the actual price they want for it though =)

Reactions: stols001

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    I think I got the same one. I didn't want to wait on these, though. I am running 6 juices and have 4 x Ares, 1 x Squape Rs and a mini Buddha. I think 2 x Ares are going into reserve status. I am enjoying a brushed and a black Siren. They do suck up the juice, though.

I like the Siren over the Ares...very slightly.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I think I got the same one. I didn't want to wait on these, though. I am running 6 juices and have 4 x Ares, 1 x Squape Rs and a mini Buddha. I think 2 x Ares are going into reserve status. I am enjoying a brushed and a black Siren. They do suck up the juice, though.

I like the Siren over the Ares...very slightly.
    Yeah I actually had to go back to my previous tank for work so I don't have to constantly refill it. The Siren is a juice drinker that's for certain. I do use it at home exclusively. I need to grab an Ares as well now that you mention it.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Ares is a juice hound, too. I have many others that are in storage because they worked well. I just get shinyitis at times. For juice capacity and flavor, I lean to Squape Rs, Lemo V1, Subtank, and Kayfuns. Generally, though, small chambers are better flavor unless a lot of juice is being used. I am just getting the Ares and Siren, so I may slide back to others.

I don't mind filling the tank once during the workday. I am, now, used to grabbing the bottle as I leave in the morning.

callmeal

Nov 28, 2017
    My supposed copy finally arrived today after nearly 2 months from 2fdeal(Ordered 18th Nov). It is exact same as yours, box says gunmetal 22mm but it's black 24mm. Looking at it along side my 22mm it's definitely a clone alright, lots of small little details. Anyway I'm vaping on it now and it performs pretty much the same as my 22mm, it's great! I'm very happy considering it was only about $12.

It came with a couple of coils that are not the same 1ohm Kanthal that came with 22mm, any idea what these are?

View attachment 712409

@Chodi Well after 2 months my clone has packed it in. For a couple of weeks the resistance on my kanthal a1 coils were changing erratically and then one day it just stopped working altogether. Tried various different coils and mods but all reporting no atomizer detected now. Visibly there appears to be nothing with the deck or anything, it's strange but not surprising I guess.

• Optimistic

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    @Chodi Well after 2 months my clone has packed it in. For a couple of weeks the resistance on my kanthal a1 coils were changing erratically and then one day it just stopped working altogether. Tried various different coils and mods but all reporting no atomizer detected now. Visibly there appears to be nothing with the deck or anything, it's strange but not surprising I guess.

I had exactly the same problem with one of the 2 I received. One, the silver one, is still working perfectly. The black one developed the same problem as you describe. When I went to check the 510 pin as I unscrewed it the screw fell apart in pieces. Tossed it in the garbage. Now to be realistic I only paid about $8 with a coupon for one of the two and the other was far below the cost of the original. That silver one has been in my daily rotation now for some time. It still maintains rock solid resistance and runs perfect in tc. I guess it is just the luck of the draw. Considering the deal prices on the original I would have bought that if I had it to do over. Normally if I buy a clone it is only from a known company like sxk or sjmy.

callmeal

Nov 28, 2017
    I had exactly the same problem with one of the 2 I received. One, the silver one, is still working perfectly. The black one developed the same problem as you describe. When I went to check the 510 pin as I unscrewed it the screw fell apart in pieces. Tossed it in the garbage. Now to be realistic I only paid about $8 with a coupon for one of the two and the other was far below the cost of the original. That silver one has been in my daily rotation now for some time. It still maintains rock solid resistance and runs perfect in tc. I guess it is just the luck of the draw. Considering the deal prices on the original I would have bought that if I had it to do over. Normally if I buy a clone it is only from a known company like sxk or sjmy.

I'll take a look at the pin later but yes I expect it will be same thing. Would it be possible to take the pin out of another mod and try it? My authentic 22mm Siren 2 is still going strong anyway!

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    I'll take a look at the pin later but yes I expect it will be same thing. Would it be possible to take the pin out of another mod and try it? My authentic 22mm Siren 2 is still going strong anyway!

Since the head broke off the screw I was left with a tiny portion of the post protruding. I considered using some needle nose pliers to grab it and attempt to remove it but as I had the other Siren clone working perfectly I did not bother. I own many rta's so it was no real loss for me. I do not know if it would be possible to replace that 510 pin with just any other. I suspect not but that is a guess as I didn't try. I have a very large shelf for my mistakes in this vaping experience and it joined those items on that shelf. Maybe some day I will pull it out and give it a try but I doubt that. I would probably buy an original if I really wanted another. It is just all part of this hobby for me.

Last edited:

Celt1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    Since the head broke off the screw I was left with a tiny portion of the post protruding. I considered using some needle nose pliers to grab it and attempt to remove it but as I had the other Siren clone working perfectly I did not bother. I own many rta's so it was no real loss for me. I do not know if it would be possible to replace that 510 pin with just any other. I suspect not but that is a guess as I didn't try. I have a very large shelf for my mistakes in this vaping experience and it joined those items on that shelf. Maybe some day I will pull it out and give it a try but I doubt that. I would probably buy an original if I really wanted another. It is just all part of this hobby for me.
    Of my 6 Siren 2's (not clones), I was tightening the 510 pin on one, and it broke off. I looked at it carefully, and noted that it uses a two piece design for whatever reason. A larger "main" pin part and a smaller part that screws into the top of that. The small part is what we see at the bottom of the tank. The inner larger part also has a slot in it so I removed that as well.

It seems like a poor design as the part that you tighten is actually quite small, which is why it failed. I've emailed Digiflavor customer support for a replacement pin, but have not received a response yet.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    Of my 6 Siren 2's (not clones), I was tightening the 510 pin on one, and it broke off. I looked at it carefully, and noted that it uses a two piece design for whatever reason. A larger "main" pin part and a smaller part that screws into the top of that. The small part is what we see at the bottom of the tank. The inner larger part also has a slot in it so I removed that as well.

It seems like a poor design as the part that you tighten is actually quite small, which is why it failed. I've emailed Digiflavor customer support for a replacement pin, but have not received a response yet.

The clone is made exactly the same way. I think that is to make the 510 screw adjustable. That main pin with the large grove is the actual contact point. So in theory any replacement screw with the correct thread should work. Easy for me to say as I haven't tried it.

Quexos

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    USA
    Here's another tip I've learned on my 24mm Siren 2 (Mine was leaky...way back in this thread). If you get leaks and don't want to waste juice, try this while experimenting with coil sizes and cotton, etc...

Only fill it about half way up the deck housing so if the juice leaks into it, it can not get higher than the inside air holes under the coil, where mine was leaking through and down into and out the base. I did that so I could still use it, and when refilling I would just go a bit higher each time and most times now, I don't get a leak. Any hint of slurping and I simply don't try filling any higher until the next coil/wick change. Even at that level, it holds more juice than my 22mm one does full.

That and I never leave that one with much juice in it for any length of time or overnight. In a nutshell, you really have to have the wicking just right, and after months I still have no idea. Sometimes I feel like I did a sloppy job and expect a leak but it does not, at all. Sometimes I swear I wicked it just perfect and it leaks. Go figure.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread