DIGIFLAVOR SIREN V2 MTL GTA TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
mine keeps popping.

That is to do with the wick job and probably spaced vs compressed coil? I space mine. Mine pops a bit if the wick is loose(ish) in the coil or if the cotton forms any type of fold (air pocket) rather than being perfectly round inside the coil. The cotton pads are prone to that if not cafrefully 'fluffed' because it tends to be a 'square' rod of cotton rather than a nice round tube and the corners fold when pulled through the coil. Mine has never done it enough to actually spit any noticeable juice out, but it does sometimes pop a bit. try to keep it nice and round inside the coil, and work it back and forth a bit to 'seat' it in there is all I can suggest.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    mine keeps popping. idk if that is the right term? every time I hit the button it pops and spits a lil juice. tried re wicking it a few times, same thing.
    Mine was popping all the time as well when I first got it. It had to do with me putting too much cotton in there. I haven't had a pop for months now that I got the wicking down to a tee on this tank. It's so smooth now. My bag of bacon from December is not even half empty. So many $$$ saved :D

Truth be told though, I kinda miss that pop :p

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't have to close off the airholes to fill. Well, I usually know it's getting near time to change my wicking if I have seeping out of the base, but normally? It hasn't been a problem.

Maybe try filling air holes open but not sitting on top of a mod? That should tell you whether your gear and coil and wicking style, it's necessary. I mean, everyone coils and wicks a bit differently and etc.

Anna

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    Last edited:

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    Breakthrough, call ze news!

Well after 6 months of annoyance and it's super-clean day for all my tanks (a.k.a. put them all in a sonic cleaner), I finally found the culprit for all my leaking troubles. There's a tiny o-ring behind the big silicone seal on the top of the tank. This was never mounted properly from the factory so a small amount of air leaked into (or out of) the tank every time I took a puff - Resulting in a leak after a couple of days. I have now used the Siren V2 for 7 days straight with -zero- leaks, not even droplets on the airflow holes. I actually had to rewick because of the wick this time, not the leak :shock:

So all my leaking issues for half a year was due to a tiny piece of silicone that I failed to spot. GG

FichoZG

May 19, 2017
    Croatia
    Breakthrough, call ze news!

Well after 6 months of annoyance and it's super-clean day for all my tanks (a.k.a. put them all in a sonic cleaner), I finally found the culprit for all my leaking troubles. There's a tiny o-ring behind the big silicone seal on the top of the tank. This was never mounted properly from the factory so a small amount of air leaked into (or out of) the tank every time I took a puff - Resulting in a leak after a couple of days. I have now used the Siren V2 for 7 days straight with -zero- leaks, not even droplets on the airflow holes. I actually had to rewick because of the wick this time, not the leak :shock:

So all my leaking issues for half a year was due to a tiny piece of silicone that I failed to spot. GG

I wonder if this was the cause for leaking in my case. Sold my blue Siren 2 24mm long time ago because of it leaking after 2-3 days, I absolutely hated this RTA, tried numerous wicking methods etc..

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    With the Siren 2, Beserker, and Ares I just close down the air flow ring, remove the top, fill, screw the top on, and vape. So far, there's been little to no dew as a result on any of those after filling.

I have two 22mm Siren2 tanks and I refill them always with AF wide open... never had any leak after refilling... the only time I had a leak when I did not notice that o ring was not seated properly... adjusted it and leak stopped.

• Agree

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have two 22mm Siren2 tanks and I refill them always with AF wide open... never had any leak after refilling... the only time I had a leak when I did not notice that o ring was not seated properly... adjusted it and leak stopped.

I've done it both ways and never had a leak problem. I just tend to close the air flow ring from habit!

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I wonder if this was the cause for leaking in my case. Sold my blue Siren 2 24mm long time ago because of it leaking after 2-3 days, I absolutely hated this RTA, tried numerous wicking methods etc..
    I just checked my 24mm version and it doesn't have that tiny o-ring. Color me confused lol .. Maybe the factory forgot about it or maybe it's not supposed to be on them.

G and C

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 3, 2014
    California
    After months and months of putting it off... telling myself that there's no way I needed yet another RTA... thinking that there was no way it would be any better than my Berserker or my Prime... I finally got my Siren v2 in the mail today.

First impressions are really good. I'm impressed. Building is super easy, and I carried it around all afternoon with no leaks or gurgles, so off to a good start. It's also a very nice looking tank. Haven't refilled yet, so no impressions to speak of there.

One thing I will say that I am not impressed with though, is the finish on the gunmetal version. My keys put a couple of good scratches in this RTA already, something that they have not done to my Berserkers or my Prime. But I'm willing to be a little more careful if it's a good tank!

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    After months and months of putting it off... telling myself that there's no way I needed yet another RTA... thinking that there was no way it would be any better than my Berserker or my Prime... I finally got my Siren v2 in the mail today.

First impressions are really good. I'm impressed. Building is super easy, and I carried it around all afternoon with no leaks or gurgles, so off to a good start. It's also a very nice looking tank. Haven't refilled yet, so no impressions to speak of there.

One thing I will say that I am not impressed with though, is the finish on the gunmetal version. My keys put a couple of good scratches in this RTA already, something that they have not done to my Berserkers or my Prime. But I'm willing to be a little more careful if it's a good tank!

I have 6 different RTAs...Siren2, Doggystyle, Dvarw, Wasp Nano, eGo ONE w/clr, Uwell Crown w/RBA deck...and can honestly tell that Siren2 when I nail wicking perfectly gives me the most satisfying vape... it provides me not only with great flavor... that can match doggy, wasp and dvarw but also the most pleasant...moist, dense, effortless, smooth and noiseless draw...and building and filling tank is much easier compared with doggy, dvarw or Uwell rba... the worst rebuildable atty I have is definitelly eGo ONE w/clr coil... flavor is pretty muted and draw is very noisy.

The only "negative" I can say about Siren2 is that it is very thirsty tank with relatively small capacity... but I make my own juice so do not care much about it...

Uwell RBA deck produce surprisingly great flavor with effortlessly, smooth draw but is a little too airy and produce biggest clouds so my wife complains that my room looks like a sauna... and is similarly as tiny as doggystyle or dvarw so coil positioning, securing is for me much more difficult. For now my two Sirens one doggy and one dvarv are in my every day rotation... wasp rdta is airy but great but with tiny tank and painfully difficult filling is used mostly at home during weekends.

So far not single other tank surpasses my Siren2 RTA but it does not mean I cannot enjoy puffing on doggy or dvarw.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    So far not single other tank surpasses my Siren2 RTA but it does not mean I cannot enjoy puffing on doggy or dvarw.

So far out of the Siren 2, Beserker, and Ares I like the Beserker better for flavor. I re-wicked it last night and the new wick hasn't broken in yet, but I think I had better flavor from the previous wick. Go figure. The only change I made was moving the coil a little closer to the air port. Maybe I screwed up royally when I did that. :)

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    So far out of the Siren 2, Beserker, and Ares I like the Beserker better for flavor. I re-wicked it last night and the new wick hasn't broken in yet, but I think I had better flavor from the previous wick. Go figure. The only change I made was moving the coil a little closer to the air port. Maybe I screwed up royally when I did that. :)
    Yeah definitely give it a little breathing room by lifting the coil a tad so air can pass over and around the coil unrestricted. Excellent flavor will be the end result :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread