Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 1.JPG

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL rta
    Thanks to Geekvape for sending me the product for free in exchange for my honest evaluation.

S MTL RTA V4 - Digiflavor
    Enjoy the reading.

Siren V4 Packaging:
    The package includes a white sleeve around the orange inner package.
    The Digiflavor logo is shown on the sleeve on the front, while on the back they are shown; the packing list, the useful numbers of Geekvape, the indication "Sample" various brands and various logos.

Inside the package, the material is arranged on two levels, wrapped in soft sponge. Upstairs you will find the tank Siren V4 and on the lower level the spare part's.

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 2.jpg

Packing List:
    • 1 x Siren V4 MTL rta
    • 1 x Spare 510 Drip-Tip (short)
    • 1 x Coil Clapton MTL 1.2Ω / N180 / Ø2.0
    • 1 x Coil Clapton Fused MTL 1.4Ω / N180 / Ø2.0
    • 1 x Coil Braided KA1 0.65Ω / Ø2.5
    • 1 x Coil Clapton Fused MTL 1.0Ω / SS316 / Ø2.5
    • 4 x Cotton Laces for MTL
    • 1 x Spare o'ring sachet
    • 2 x Spare Slotted Screws
    • 1 x User Manual

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 3.jpg

Technical features:
    • Deck: GTA Style
    • Measurements: 22x28.5mm (without drip tip)
    • Capacity: 2ml
    • Drip tip: 510 replaceable
    • Thread: 510
    • Deck design: GTA single coil
    • AFC: Stealth Mtl from below with semi-hidden structure

Available colours:
    • Silver, Gunmetal, Black, Rainbow.

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 4.jpg

Siren V4 first impressions:
    The amount of spare part's present in the small Digiflavor package (Geekvape) is remarkable and impressive. Examining the tank, the first thing that catches the eye are the super compact dimensions, the glass is replaced by super low-profile thermoplastic material (PEI) and the AFC system is hidden from view.

Siren V4 looks solid and well crafted, with a very RDA-like look and shape. Aesthetically, I find it a really pleasant and rather intriguing solution.

I received the Gunmetal colorway, and I'm really happy I didn't stumble upon the rainbow color, however I must say that even in the SS or Full Black version this Siren V4 is very nice!

In the image below you can appreciate the compactness of the V4 compared to the V3 version of Digiflavor. It is also interesting to note that they do not look alike at all ... Will the Siren V4 be able to worthily support the famous previous versions (V2 and V3) without making you regret them? I will try to understand it.

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 5.jpg

Siren V4 exploded view:
    Siren V4 is completely disassembled in all its parts, including the air regulation ring, all this is very positive for a thorough and easy cleaning.

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 6.jpg

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 7.jpg

Siren V4 Top Fill:
    The Top Cap has a thread on the outer edge that is sliding, but care must be taken before screwing, finding the correct initial tightening position. The Cap compared to the Tank has a reduced section like a sort of hat, in fact it measures 18mm externally and 6 mm in height, it also has a knurled metal surface to favor finger grip. Siren V4 can accommodate any 510 type drip-tip.

By separating the Top Cap from the tank, you can access the part involved in the supply of e-liquid. For the junction and for the watertight seal between cap / tank there are two replaceable white orings, one laps the external perimeter of the tank and the other embraces the apex of the chimney. The filling slots are generously sized and in the center we can see the apical part of the chimney which has an internal diameter of 3.5mm.
    The standard installed drip-tip is very thin and quite high with an 18mm graft protrusion. Supplied there is another slightly lower Tip that protrudes for 15mm once engaged. Both drip-tips have a very small internal diameter (3.5mm) however the diameter is perfectly compatible with the chimney, without creating steps.

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 8.jpg

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 9.jpg

Siren V4 central body:
    The central body of the tank externally presents the stylized Digiflavor logo and incorporates the part in transparent thermoplastic material (PEI), replacing the classic glass. This window, despite being only a few millimeters high, allows you to view and keep the internal e-liquid level under control with reasonable ease, and also gives an "unusual" and very compact appearance for a Tank RTA, however absolutely pleasant.

The threaded part of the union of the central body of the tank with the deck houses 3 slots for the inflow of liquid towards the coil.
    The internal width of the bell measures 13mm, its depth has the same measure of 13mm. The design of the sky is connected to the bell and has a 10mm wide flat central profile.

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 10.jpg

Reactions: Javichu

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Siren V4 Deck:
    On the outside of the deck there is 1 silicone oring for watertightness between deck and central body. The slotted screws are presumably made of brass, this material is very soft and I find this a right choice to preserve the thread of the deck in case of errors in tightening the screws. In this case, just replace the screw and not the tank. The entire regenerable part is of the "suspended" type but with some differences compared to the V2 and V3 versions of the Siren. To diffuse the air under the coil there are 7 small holes arranged with a honeycomb pattern. The tubs where to post the cotton have three holes each for feeding and seem proportionate to the use of coils with a diameter between 2 and 2.5mm.

The bottom of the deck features the classic identification lettering and a removable gold / plated pin, isolated with peek and slightly protruding.

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 11.jpg

Siren V4 deck regeneration:
    The leg tightening system is handy when using fairly loose threads such as braided ones, but it can get slightly challenging with thin threads starting at 0.32mm and down, as they tend to slip out or in. Once the legs are tightened, the cutting of the same legs is easy.

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 12.jpg

It is necessary to thin the mustache if you use 2.5mm coils to better let the cotton enter the tubs and in an appropriate way without compressing it. Certainly by using coils with a smaller diameter you can save time and effort.

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 13.jpg

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 14.jpg

Siren V4 AFC Stealth:
    Between the upper knurled ring and that of the deck there is a circular channel that regulates the flow of air towards the coil. But how does this devilry work? Simply the upper knurled ring remains fixed, while the lower one (on the deck) is mobile. By turning the lower ring clockwise, the two rings come closer, restricting the passage of air, while by turning the lower ring counterclockwise, the passage of air increases because the two rings move away from each other, opening the central channel to a flow of air. greater.

For precise user AFC adjustment there are several white colored marks to align with a lower red reference mark. In the image below you can see the adjustment with the maximum closure and on the side the adjustment with the maximum degree of opening.
    Subsequently an animated gif shows the flow of air on its way to the coil.

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 15.jpg

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 16.gif

Siren V3 Vs V4:
    Comparing the AFC system I don't notice any particular differences between V3 and V4 by opening the airflow to the maximum or closing it to the minimum. But I notice greater precision in intermediate solutions.
    Probably the V4 is also better configured for MTL use thanks to the narrow conformation of both the standard drip-tips which however, are replaceable if a greater width of the puff is sought.

Siren V2 and V3 are a type of MTL RTA tank with a classic design, good e-liquid capacity and a more than good characteristic of balanced aromatic yield with all types of liquid.

With the introduction of the Siren v4, Digiflavor has undoubtedly managed to give a "Hi end" look to its new tank and from my point of view the product is really captivating, thanks to a particular aesthetic and a remarkable expressive character of its forms .

The longer drip-tip (supplied) is certainly useful if you want to use the small V4 on SBS-type Mods that have the 510 attack positioned rather low. On the other hand, on small classic mods such as the Pico 75 it is sufficient to install the short tip (supplied) and for me also in this case the mod / atom combination is really a winner!

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 17.jpg

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 18.jpg

Final Conclusions:

First test of Vaping:
    My regeneration for the "Colonel Custard" aroma involved the 0.65Ω "braided" coil KA1 with 2.5mm diameter present in the package. I replaced the Drip-Tip with a larger section that I have in my spare parts and I raised the power up to 20W. With AFC almost completely open the clouds take on a rather interesting consistency and the resulting puff I would define as an open MTL / DL restricted type, just as I like it.

With the atomizer set at 19 or 20W the operation is good, the tank does not overheat, it feeds well, does not spit and the Puff is very fluid. The performance with this liquid is slightly enhanced compared to the Siren V3, perhaps the only sore point concerns the fact that the V4 so configured consumes a lot of liquid, remember that the Siren V4 can only contain 2ml of e-liquid. It is therefore necessary to fill the tank often if you want to use the V4 with this type of configuration, but the satisfactions with the use of an increased Drip-tip will certainly not be lacking.

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 19.jpg

Second test of Vaping:
    I did another test and this time of the purely MTL type using both standard Drip-Tips ... I took a 28Ga Ka1 wire, and I rolled it 6 times on a 2.5mm tip. The coil turned out to be 1.2Ω. The same coil was then replicated on the previous V3 version of the Siren with the intention of comparing the two tanks with the same type of e-liquid, "latakia assolo" fired at 11W.

I'm not a lover of tobaccos, so I don't get too out of balance also because I would really like to have a superfine palate to accurately identify the smallest nuances in tobacco liquids but unfortunately it is not.
    What I can summarize from my perceptions gleaned from this comparison is basically this; the V4 has a balanced yield like that of the V3, similar in the "incense" part but more amplified on the "ash" part, I get a more "smoky" taste in the liquid that with the V3 was less perceptible. So I believe that the V4 (for those who already own a V2 or a V3) may be worth buying because (personally) and for the aspects described I feel it closer to an analog/cigarette in its vapor expressions. The consumption of liquid with this configuration is rather limited and with the 2ml available you go a long way before filling the tank again.

Thanks for reading.

DigiFlavor Siren V4 MTL RTA 20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread