hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yes, it’s me again. I’m here yet again to hopefully provide an informative review. I don’t really see many products in the Digiflavor line but today I’m here with you to take a look at the Digiflavor XP 77W Kit. I do still use a Digiflavor Siren V1 to this day with a particular mix that I enjoy in it and have a couple of the Z1 SBS kits that get occasional use. Digiflavor seems to be one of those afterthought companies that I don’t really hear much about. Well today we’re going to talk about this kit and hopefully like it. The XP mod uses a single 18650 battery and of course just like the name, it has a maximum output of 77 watts. Instead of the standard three button operation, this mod has what is called a digi-crown for operation. I’ll talk more about that later. It also has customizable LED lights that illuminate when the mod is fired and a three way safety switch that’s a little different from the A-Lock where it has the on position, lock adjustment, and a third position that locks the mod completely. It sounds like a nice little feature but I’ll have to see how it is in actual use. The tank included in the kit is the XP Pod tank and it has bottom airflow while using the Geekvape P series coils that I am somewhat already familiar with after testing other Geekvape devices. The tank has a 4.5ml capacity and connects via magnets. Kind of reminds me of another pod tank I’ve tested recently. That’s enough for now. Let’s go down and see how this thing performs.

g7SnUsf.jpg

j9XHu9O.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Digiflavor XP 77W Mod
    1* Digiflavor XP Pod Tank (4.5ml)
    2* GeekVape P Series Coil (Pre-installed: 0.2Ω 60W-70W; Spare Coil: 0.4Ω 50W-60W)
    1* User Manual
    1* 810 Drip Tip
    1* Type-C USB Cable
    1* Spare Parts Pack
    3* 18650 Battery Accessories

upload_2022-4-30_8-44-42.png

kpuaMOD.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Battery: Single 18650 battery (not included)

Charging: Type-C, DC 5V/2A, small current adaptor, automatic current limit charging

Max Charging Voltage: 18V

Power: 5W-77W (0.5W for each adjustment)

Mode: Power, TC-NI, TC-TI, TC-SS, TC-TCR, VPC, Bypass

Temperature: 200°F-600°F (5°F for each adjustment)/100°C-315°C (1°C for each adjustment)

Screen: 0.96-inch TFT color display

Battery Low-voltage Protection: <3.2V before output or <2.8V during output

Over-temperature Protection: PCBA >65°C before output or >85°C during output

Battery Reverse Polarity Protection: Support

Short Circuit Protection: <0.8Ω

Timeout Protection: 10s

Crown Button Function: Firing by pressing & output adjustment by rotating

Thread: 510

E-liquid Capacity: 4.5ml

Airflow: Bottom airflow

Resistance Range: 0.1-2Ω

Resistance: 0.2ohm (60-70W), 0.4ohm (50-60W)

Compatible With: Digiflavor XP Pod Tank/GeekVape P Series Coil

Color: Snow White, Stainless Steel, APE Blue, Aurora, Lavender, Space Grey, Midnight

FEATURES:

1. Composed of Digiflavor XP 77W Mod and XP Pod Tank

2. Single 18650 battery with 77W max output

3. Multi-use digi-crown for easy hands-on experience

4. Adjustment keys and firing button merging into one

5. Customizable LED effects, illuminating while vaping

6. Safety production switch, unlocked/adjust locked/ locked mode

7. AMR co-branded version to honor ultimate control and the needs of large clouds

8. XP Pod Tank with bottom airflow and GeekVape P Series Coil for better flavor

9. 4.5ml e-juice capacity, magnetic connection

4lsxPd7.jpg

QkpM6Ua.jpg

K7OBB8x.jpg

IjOa4TY.jpg

cx81Y77.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the XP is similar to what I’ve seen with Geekvape review samples. The front shows a color picture of the device inside as well as the name, tank capacity, and name of the color near the bottom of the face. I didn’t know until I flipped the box over that XP stands for Xyberpunk. I would not have guessed. The back shows some features and a list of package contents.

Once the outer sleeve is removed then the mod is visible in a foam insert. Underneath the mod is the XP Pod Tank and a box containing the user manual, some spare o rings, spare drip tip, second coil, USB-C charging cable, and some Digiflavor battery wraps. At first I thought the wraps were stickers.

upload_2022-4-30_8-55-49.png

upload_2022-4-30_8-56-12.png

The XP Pod Tank that comes with the kit is a two piece setup. The tank portion has a rubber stopper on the bottom that the tank is filled through. I experienced some difficulty grabbing and pulling the fill plug despite the plug having a flap that goes up toward the tip end. It seemed odd to me that the top cap of the tank was knurled although it is not removable. I do like that the tank section is completely clear to make liquid level viewing easy. The pod portion of the tank connects to the base that contains the airflow adjustment via magnets. Like many other pod tanks and pod mods I’ve seen, there is a metal ring inside the base that the magnets attach to while the coil makes contact with the pins in the base.

The drip tips that come with the tank are 810 and fairly comfortable to use. Instead of having a large gold plated connection inside the base of the tank, this one has three gold plated pins sticking up that make contact with the bottom of the coil. The coils used with this tank are the Geekvape P Series coils that I have used before while testing Geekvape review items. The included coils are .4 ohms rated at 50-60 watts and a .2 ohm coil rated at 60-70 watts. Now this doesn’t make much sense to me to include a 60-70 watt coil with a unit that is only 18650 and has a maximum output of 77 watts. I’d prefer to see something in the 30-40 watt range with a device like this.

upload_2022-4-30_8-57-54.png

upload_2022-4-30_8-58-15.png

I didn’t know at first until I opened the package if I would like the color I received but I really do. The Aurora is a nice color in my opinion. The 510 connection is held in place with three good sized torx head screws and the center pin is spring loaded and gold plated. I like how the color of the body is carried around the 510 plate. I have no idea what the numbers are on the 510 plate.

upload_2022-4-30_8-58-57.png

The battery is inserted in the mod by removing the C frame side cover. The battery polarity is clearly marked with a series of squares and the cover is held on with four strong magnets. I didn’t experience any rattling or movement with the battery cover.

upload_2022-4-30_8-59-38.png

The Digiflavor name is on both sides of the mod. This isn’t just plain old branding. These logos illuminate if you choose to use that function in the menu system.

upload_2022-4-30_9-0-26.png

upload_2022-4-30_9-1-2.png

Now onto the front of the mod. At the top of the face is what is being called a digicrown. This control is your fire button and adjustment all in one. Turn the wheel right or left to simulate what you would do with the + and – buttons. Below the digicrown is the .96” TFT display. I like this display and how it keeps you informed of what is going on. Below the display is the USB-C charging port. The display shows the following information.

- Battery level indicator

- Mode of operation

- Set wattage

- Amperage while firing under load

- Coil resistance

- Voltage output while firing

- Puff counter

This one doesn’t have the length of time of current puff like I’ve been seeing on a lot of mods lately.

The button and menu operation is as follows.

- Press the fire button 5X to turn the mod on or off

- Turn the crown wheel to adjust the output up or down

- To reset puff counter, press the fire button 3X, press again to select fire mode, mode will flash, press fire button 2X to highlight puff counter and turn the wheel to the right to reset or turn to the left to bring back last puff count

- Press the fire button 3X to enter the menu where the options are Fire Mode, Brightness, LED Color, Theme, Reset

- Inside each menu category there is a second level of options as follows:

- Fire Mode = Power, Bypass, VPC, TC-Ni, TC-SS, TC-Ti, TCR

- Brightness = Adjust display or LED brightness level

- LED Color = Choose color and pattern of Breathing, Flashing, or always on

- Theme = Choose between four different color patterns

- Reset = Factory reset

d09eaQb.jpg

If you choose to charge your battery inside the mod then the LED will indicate the battery level where Red= <3.5v, Blue=3.5v-4.0v, and Green=>4.0v.

I have to say that the crown wheel adjustment took some getting used to for me which made it obvious the importance of the three position switch on the bottom of the mod. When handling the mod it is somewhat easy to accidentally turn the crown wheel so the switch is a necessary feature. It has three positions where it is completely unlocked, center position locks the adjustment only and the third position locks the mod completely. When the switch is moved a message pops up on the display telling you what feature you have activated. Also on the bottom of the mod is “Designed by Digiflavor” but also has the Geekvape name on it due to the fact that as far as I know Geekvape owns Digiflavor.

upload_2022-4-30_9-2-11.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

As I mentioned earlier, the crown wheel adjustment took some getting used to but once it’s set then I don’t mess with it much. To me some of the display text is too small to read. It depends on which menu screen you are in but I had difficulty reading some of the settings. The main display that you see while using the mod is fine. It’s just when I get into the menu that I have difficulty seeing some of the text. The crown wheel has enough resistance that it doesn’t free spin so it takes a little effort to turn it. I found this easiest to do using two fingers. However, if I didn’t use the adjustment lock switch on the bottom then I wouldn’t put it in a pocket or use it for very long without checking the display to make sure it hadn’t accidentally changed the output setting. I did notice that the crown wheel shaft does allow a slight movement vertically and horizontally so perhaps the shaft of what I’m assuming is a potentiometer could have been supported or stabilized a little bit better but it’s not a big deal. I purposely pushed up, down, and side to side to check for movement.

The XP Pod tank uses the Geekvape P Series of coils which in my opinion are good performers and have good flavor production. I do think including the .2 ohm coil is a bit much for the mod since it only has an output of 77 watts. To be honest, I don’t really know why they decided to go with a pod tank for this mod. The airflow control is part of the base and the pod portion of the tank just spins infinitely on the base. I would have much preferred just a standard tank with a screw on base using these coils. Geekvape already had the Z Nano tank which would have been a good fit for this kit. I also had difficulty opening the rubber plug for filling the pod. At least it does rotate out of the way for filling and was able to fill without mess. I’m just not a fan of bottom filling pods.

The LED lighting that lights up the Digiflavor name on either side of the mod isn’t as obnoxious as some LED mods that I’ve seen. I don’t really love light up mods but this one is tolerable. I do very much like the Aurora color that I received.

So, would I recommend the Digiflavor XP 77W kit for you? Maybe. Honestly, I like the mod and if I was going to order then I’d probably order the mod without the pod tank. I had a couple times where the pod portion popped up and don’t really care for how it free spins on the base.

I’d like to thank Sourcemore and Joyi for sending the Digiflavor XP 77W kit for this review and thanks to you the readers. I hope I’ve given enough information so you can make an educated decision on this device. Below is a coupon code and a link to the website where the product can be found.

Digiflavor XP Kit 77W Box Kit (sourcemore.com)

COUPON CODE: XP77 = $40.90

4wLno73.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread