Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at Digiflavor XP 77W mod kindly sent to me from sourcemore online shop upon my request. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish it. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood this Mod, if it is suitable for you and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always my reviews are free and based on my personal experience.
    Enjoy the reading.

► Digiflavor XP 77W Mod; Before starting let's see together the main characteristics indicated by the manufacturer:
    1. Compatible with Digiflavor XP Pod Tank 4.5ml
    2. Powered by single 18650 battery with 77W max output
    3. Customizable LED effects: RGB
    4. 5V / 2A type C fast charging
    5. New user interface, 0.96 inch TFT screen
    6. Multi-purpose digital crown with integrated Fire button
    7. Switch with safety protection, unlocked / adjusted, locked / locked mode
    8. Accidental Activation Protection

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-2.jpg

► Digiflavor XP 77W Mod; Packaging:
    The outer sleeve of the cardboard packaging has a camouflage appearance on the front and shows; the brand (Digiflavor) the name of the XP77 Mod device (the abbreviation XP means XyberPunk), its image and the color indication of this sample (Midnight).
    On the back we find; in the form of an icon all the main features, the packing list, a serial number, the scratch & check, logos / brands and the address of Shenzhen GEEKVAPE Technology Co, Ltd.

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-3.jpg

► Digiflavor XP 77W Mod; Packing List:
    1 * Digiflavor XP 77W Mod
    1 * USB Type-C Cable
    3 * 18650 Battery Cases
    1 * User Manual

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-4.jpg

► Digiflavor XP 77W Mod; Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 87.5x26.5x44mm
    • Weight: 140g
    • Battery: Single 18650 battery (not included)
    • Charging: Type C, DC 5V / 2A, small power adapter, automatic charging with current limit
    • Maximum charging voltage: 18V
    • Power: 5W-77W (0.5W steps for each setting)
    • Power mode: TC-NI, TC-TI, TC-SS, TC-TCR, VPC, bypass
    • Temperature: 200 ° F-600 ° F (5 ° F for each setting) / 100 ° C-315 ° C (1 ° C for each setting)
    • Screen: 0.96 inch TFT color display
    • Battery low voltage protection: <3.2V before output or <2.8V during output
    • Over temperature protection: PCBA> 65 ° C before going out or> 85 ° C during going out
    • Battery Reverse Polarity Protection: Supported
    • Short circuit protection: <0.8Ω
    • Timeout protection: 10 seconds
    • Crown button function: Activated by pressing and adjustment of the output by turning
    • Thread: 510
    • Compatible with: Digiflavor XP Pod atomizer

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-5.jpg

► Digiflavor XP 77W Mod; Available colours:
    • Midnight
    • Stainless Steel
    • Aurora
    • Lavender
    • Snow White
    • Space Gray

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-6.jpg

► Digiflavor XP 77W Mod; First impressions:
    The Digiflavor product line is part of the Geekvape brand and until now I had tested some of its Tank RDA & RTA and only one of their MODs, the fantastic Z1 SBS 80W that I still use. XP77W is powered by a single 18650 battery, the peculiarities are that it uses a "digi-crown" button, multicolored lighting on the panels and a three-way safety switch. I will talk about all these peculiarities later in the review.

The XP mod in this test is in "Midnight" color, to be honest I chose it myself, and Sourcemore was so nice to send it to me just as I wanted it. Practically the body is "fullblack" with the exception of the 510 plate and the decorations on the side panels. The Design features beautiful decorations and a rather attractive overall look. XP77W is built entirely of "heavy" zinc alloy and this conveys a sense of the Mod's great sturdiness, but some MTL purist Vapers might turn up their noses reading that the Mod weighs 140g without the battery! However, the compact size and very ergonomic form factor make the XP77W quite pleasant to hold.

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-7.jpg

► Digiflavor XP 77W Mod; Customizable Led Effects:
    Inside the side panels there is an IML decoration with the word "DIGIFLAVOR" in the center which lights up with 8 colors of choice and in 3 different ways;
    • 1; Color chosen with pulsating light.
    • 2; Color chosen with fixed light.
    • 3; All colors flashing.

If you choose to charge the battery inside the mod, the Led will indicate the battery level as follows:
    • Red Led <3.5V
    • Blue Led between 3.5V and 4.0V
    • Green Led> 4.0V

The LED lighting is quite scenic and I like it, plus it glows red when the battery is low. If you don't like colored LED lights you can go to the "LED brightness" menu and lower the value to zero.

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-8.jpg

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-9.jpg

► Digiflavor XP 77W Mod; Lock / unlock button:
    On the bottom of the Mod there is a Fire key protection switch with 3 lock / unlock modes depending on the position:
    • Left - Fire key unlocked for adjustment
    • Center - Fire key locked for adjustment
    • Right - Fully locked mode

The protection switch makes DF XP 77W safer to carry and use, however it is slightly different from the Lock / unlock used on most Mods, personally I like it and I think it is a quick system to maneuver, the slider I always leave it in central position when I don't have to vary the power.

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-10.jpg

► Digiflavor XP 77W Mod; Operation Guide:
    At the top of the front of the Mod is the "digi-crown" type Fire key this is a do-it-all key that replaces the setting of the "+ and -" keys by turning it left or right. The "digi-crown" key also functions as a normal Fire key, simply by pressing it. The key appears solid and easy to identify for the fingers, however it is necessary to get used to handling it and it is not difficult during use to inadvertently change the settings, at this point the collaboration of the lock / unlock switch becomes very useful.

Below the "Digi-Crown" key is the 0.96 ”TFT display which shows the following information; battery level indicator, operating mode, set power, amperes, coil resistance, volts, puff counter.

The display is very bright, however to read some information you need a good eyesight due to the small size of the characters used. Below the display is the USB-C charging port.

• Power On / Off: Press the crown button (Fire) 5 times in quick succession.
    • New atomizer: When a new atomizer is inserted the user is prompted to select new / old atomizer.
    • Power Adjustment: Rotate the crown button (Fire) to adjust the power between 5 and 77W, the increment is 0.5W at a time.

•• Menu: Press the Fire button 3 times to access the following options; Fire Mode, Brightness, LED Color, Theme, Reset. Within each menu category there is a second level of options as follows:
    • Fire Mode: Power, Bypass, VPC, TC-Ni, TC-SS, TC-Ti, TCR
    • Brightness: To adjust the brightness level of the display or LED
    • LED color: To choose the color and type of lighting (pulsating, flashing or always on)
    • Display Theme: To choose between four different background colors
    • Reset: To reset the device to factory data

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-11.jpg

► Digiflavor XP 77W Mod; 18650 battery:
    In the back of the Mod there is a sturdy magnetized lid, entirely built in zinc alloy, it alone weighs 25g! This hatch has two rows of safety vents for the cell, a total of 12 vents! These vents are not only useful but also have a nice aesthetic function. The lid with its 4 magnets adheres perfectly to the mod without any movement, the slot for the 18650 cell is made of fireproof material and shows the polarity indications "+ and -" clearly. The contacts are gold plated for better electrical conductivity, the positive pole (at the top) is spring loaded to facilitate battery insertion, while a useful red "Digiflavor" branded strap is present to facilitate battery extraction. ".

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-12.jpg

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-13.jpg

► Digiflavor XP 77W Mod; 510 mug:
    The steel 510 cup is held in place with three torx screws and is positioned in the center of the Mod, the pin is gold plated and is spring loaded. XP Mod in Kit version is equipped with a sub-ohm tank. However, it is also possible to install small MTL atomizers with very good aesthetic results.

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-14.jpg

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-15.jpg

► Digiflavor XP 77W Mod; Final conclusions:
    Ultimately XP 77W is a beautiful compact Mod, works well and goes well with MTL tanks. Moreover, thanks to the numerous functions present in the chipset, it guarantees various and important methods of use, in particular for regenerable tanks. There are some things to get used to, such as the adjustment of the crown wheel button which, however, is worthily flanked by the locking / unlocking slider button, which I recommend to keep in the intermediate position. A peculiarity that is difficult to get used to is the presence of too small characters in the menu which made me difficult to read due to my poor eyesight.

Thanks to Sourcemore for sending me the sample for review.
    Digiflavor XP 77W Mod is priced at $ 32.29 by entering the code: XP77M

Digiflavor XP Mod 77W Box Mod

Thanks for reading.

Digiflavor-XP-77-W-Mod-16.jpg

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread