Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks and welcome back for today's review of the Z1 SBS Kit from Digiflavor that was provided to me for the purpose of this review from Electronic Cigarettes Wholesale Distributor,Vape,e-Cig,eLiquid,Flavor - HealthCabin, here is a link from them for the Z1 SBS Kit Digiflavor Z1 SBS 80W Starter Kit With Siren 3 GTA Tank. This kit device has 3 power modes, power/wattage - volts - and bypass mode and has a maximum wattage capability of 80 watts. Included in the kit is the latest version of the Siren tank ( SIREN 3 ). Lets check out some information on the Z1 SBS Kit prior to my review of it.

COLOR CHOICES

01_d373bb.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE KIT

* Device
    * Cotton
    * Charge Cord ( TYPE-C )
    * Extra Glass
    * Siren 3 tank
    * User Manual
    * Tri Tool, O Rings, Post Screws
    * Z1 SBS Facebook Group Card
    * 16 Various Coils

20210529_103531.jpg

PARAMETERS

Dimension: 49 x 25 x 105.7mm
    Output Power: 5-80W
    Input Voltage: 3.7V-4.25V
    Output Voltage: 1.0V-8.5V
    Battery Specification: 1 x 18650
    Fully Charged Voltage: 4.15-4.25V
    Charger Specification: 5V 2A
    Resistance Range: 0.1-30ohm
    02_92bcb5.jpg

SMALL - PORTABLE SBS

Z1-SBS-80W-Kit-15.jpg

18650 - TYPE-C CHARGE PORT - 3 POWER MODE CHOICES

Z1-SBS-80W-Kit-16.jpg

NEW SIREN 3 MTL ATOMIZER ( CHOICE OF 1 AIRFLOW HOLE )

Z1-SBS-80W-Kit-17.jpg

IMPROVED BUILD DECK FROM VERSION 2 ( CHOICE OF MULTIPLE AIRFOW HOLES )

Z1-SBS-80W-Kit-18.jpg

ATTRACTIVE APPEARANCE

Z1-SBS-80W-Kit-14.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The main box the Z1 Kit comes in slides out out from a outer sleeve, lifting the top portion off reveals the ZI . Beneath the Z1 is where all of the contents lay, Digiflavor was very generous with coils in this kit. A nice little compartment of 4 attached small boxes hold 4 coils in each compartment, coils are of different materials and Ω readings, charge cord, user manual, and other paraphernalia are underneath the Z1 also.

I wasn't prepared for what happened next and have to say in the hundred or so reviews never experienced what I found. As you can see I either received a very badly missed item from Digiflavor's QC team or a previously used item that was repackaged and sent out to me for review.

I can't say who is to blame but will tell you that the entire box was sealed in cellophane just like new. To be PO'D is a understatement. Because review items now take a very long time to arrive because of the mail bans, the Z1 had quite a lot of items ahead of it with 1 or 2 items coming in daily so I didn't get to it for some time.

The device had white material all throughout it and the drip tip had either machine oil or juice still inside the 510 connection port. Even the charge cord was filthy dirty. The display screen had a very deep scratch running down from top to bottom with a chip in the center of the screen as well.

20210506_141546.jpg

20210506_141835.jpg

20210516_134859.jpg

I immediately broke the tank down and cleaned it with dawn in my ultrasonic cleaner as I do with all new Atomizers only this one received 3 baths. The Z1 device was wiped down with multiple alcohol cleaning wipes. After cleaning both the atomizer and Z1 device I let both sit for 2 days, I have no idea what the liquid or white residue was. After a couple of days I began the testing of the Z1 kit, I was hesitant to show these pictures but I only do honest reviews and felt that the readers of my reviews deserved 100% honesty from me. Now that everything has been cleaned and the negatives that I experienced have been heard lets get on with reviewing the Z1 SBS Kit .

The Z1 runs on a single 18650 battery that is loaded on the top of the device by unscrewing a cap, correct battery polarity symbols are located both inside the battery tube with a red + symbol and a negative - symbol on the battery cap as well.

20210522_131621.jpg

The battery is spring loaded and some pressure is needed when sealing the battery cap back on, be careful not to strip the threads when screwing the cap on, always reverse screw until you hear a click to make sure you don't strip out the threads. The charge port is located on the bottom of the device so if you use it remember to remove your tank before to prevent leaking while laying the device on it's side.

I was very excited to see that the new Siren version 3 atomizer was used in the Z1 Kit because I have both previous versions of the Siren. The 1st version Siren I used for a very long time even though it suffered from leaking and weeping issues because the flavor and airflow were very good. The 2nd version was completely changed and in my opinion lost the great flavor that the fist version had but leaking and weeping issues were fixed.

I decided to dig out a old Siren Version 2 to compare them side by side and see what if any changes had been done to the version 3 Siren. The attachment of coils legs have been changed to a easier method that now use top post screws and have a little lip aiding in securing the coil legs.

The deck is pretty much the same except for the top post screws, I noticed that the center airflow platform now has less height to it than the version 2 Siren, I hoped these changes would make a difference and they have in a very positive way with flavor. You can see the changes with the Siren 3 on the left from the Siren 2 on the right. Not many changes but big improvements.

20210529_110824.jpg

You get a choice of either using 1 dedicated airflow hole or you have the option of using multiple airflow holes, either way the airflow is smooth and extremely whisper quiet when vaping.

20210529_104717.jpg

20210529_104812.jpg

Digiflavor was very generous by putting 16 coils in a nice little travel kit in 4 sections complete with a keychain attached. ( VERY NICE )

I decided to use a 2mm 0.5Ω coil that is part of the supplied coils for testing, I rarely use 2mm as I prefer a 2.5 mm diameter coil. The other reason I chose this coil was I wanted to see how well the airflow holes on the deck performed on a longish coil after I spaced it out.

After dry burning the coil it read 0.52 on my Ω reader and had the same reading on 4 devices it was attached to.

20210529_131735.jpg

Attaching the Siren to the Z1 device it showed a reading of 0.48Ω and has remained at that reading even after changing power modes multiple times. Reading the very tiny display screen is almost impossible to do but manageable squinting a bit.

I love the red bezel around the fire button, it almost looks like a led at times. The device feels very well made and has a solid feel to it. Branding is blended in on both sides of the device well, so well that you really have to look for it to find it. There is no menu, to lock the wattage press and hold the up and down buttons simultaneously, to change power modes press the fire button 3 times then use the up or down button to select your power mode.

I have seen other color versions of the Z1 and all have a rather cheap look to them as I feel mine does also, the stickers could have been done much better in my opinion. I also really hate that Digiflavor used a metal drip tip and one that is way to long as well. I quickly changed to a much shorter Delrin drip tip in the testing but included the supplied drip tip in photos so you can see what it looks like.

20210529_135650.jpg

The important question is how does the Z1 Kit vape and I'm happy to report that it vapes really good. The device fits nicely in the hand, I ended up using my middle fingertip to fire the device and it felt comfortable doing so.

The New Siren really gives a great vape, I really didn't expect it to be as good as it is because of past versions of the Siren atomizer but this version finally got it right with great flavor and whisper quiet vaping.

There are things that I'm not crazy about with the Z1 Kit aside from the horrible beginning that I had, but there's many good things that far outweigh the not so good things.

First of all I think this kit is a great value with everything that is provided with it. It feels like a well built device that can hold up over a period of time.

I would like to thank Sue and Healthcabin for providing the Z1 Kit for review, I also want to thank all of you readers of this review and tell you that what happened to me was a isolated incident .

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Yes it did appear so, I don't know who is responsible because 2 company's were involved but with what's going on in the world health crisis this kind of scared me. I think you know me well enough to know that I feel that my readers deserve 100% honesty from me. This was the first time this has happened in the hundred or so reviews that I've done and hope that it never happens again.

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread